IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

A New Lexus Owner - From M3 to IS350 - Saying Hello :)...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-14, 05:33 PM
ninten5
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats man, I still haven't found one in that range for that price, very nice find indeed!
Old 08-10-14, 07:13 PM
Fragger
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoyOhBoy
Ya, I would say what's up to Paul. He's a part of Liberty Vip so he probably knows just about everyone locally in the vip game. Yes, get red pre-cut out lights to cover up your orange light on the tails. Buy the trunk lip at Bayson R Motorsport's site: http://www.baysonr.com/06_12_Lexus_I...r-is350-pu.htm. Well I've never bought anything off it personally but someone on clublexus bought a roof spoiler from them and is shipping it to me. My friend also has it and it fits really well. Some other advice, get HID low beam and fogs!! Big difference in car look. There's a buncha discounts you can get just from being a member on clublexus. Sewell, a site that sells pretty much all lexus parts gives you a huge discount if you sign up using your clublexus username. And if you're into body kits, 06-08 is the best year for mods just because most of the aftermarket stuff is only supportive of these years.
Thanks for the spoiler pointer there, brother. I actually ordered mine from OEM_Parts on Ebay, painted, and shipped, so hopefully that pans out right. I just need a DIY now to know exactly how to install it with the 3M tape. The tricky part to me, or where I get confused is, how do I set it up or line it up to make sure that it is as close to the OEM install, as possible?

I messaged, heard back from him once, said holler again, and nothing for 2 days now ...

Originally Posted by lexi90
Welcome aboard! That was a good price to me. I paid 12,900K for my '06 IS250 AWD with 102K. Keep us posted of your mods.
Thank you Sir. If my deal was good, then yours sounds quite comparable as well, don't you think ? I will try and see how far I get on these mods, thank you for the encouragement.

Originally Posted by rawr2is250
Welcome to the forums
Been at the forums for a bit now, bud, just a fresh owner. Thank you so much ! Love the warmth here, in the Lexus world .

Originally Posted by redspencer
It's been a mixed bag on how the car will react initially with an uncalibrated IS-F Steering ECU installed. When I installed mine, I had absolutely no issues with driving the car around the neighborhood for my test drive as well as 20 minutes to the dealership for my steering calibration appointment. Recently, there have been a few CL members that have had issues with the P/S not operating after the IS-F Steering ECU was installed.

Since it only takes a few minutes to swap out the Steering ECUs under the battery compartment, you can do the mod next to the dealership and then bring it in for the calibration afterwards (if you want to choose the safe route). The mod is well worth the money though.
Thanks for the very detailed post there, friend. I think I am a shallow bastard, so I want to hit the tail lights, the spoiler, and maybe the plasti-dip emblems first. Honestly, I am not a super crazy driver, so the steering, the handling already seems great to me without the F-Sport Sway Bar AND the Steering ECU. Do you know what your dealer charged you for the calibration?

Originally Posted by ninten5
Congrats man, I still haven't found one in that range for that price, very nice find indeed!
Thanks bud! Very surprised at that, especially since I got mine from VA :O!! You'll get one soon, maybe even better deal than mine. Remember mine is touching 100K, but the big seller was, One owner, very well maintained!
Old 08-10-14, 09:54 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Lexus will typically charge 1-1.2 hours for the steering wheel calibration.
Old 08-10-14, 10:24 PM
RWDFTW
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fragger
Hi Guys,

As you guys may have noticed, I have been asked a lot of questions or seeking opinions on different 350s over the course of last few weeks.

Well, yesterday, the conversion was completed and I finally became a proud owner of an 06, One Owner, IS350, all options but Spoiler, ML, and Radar Cruise, with 99K miles on it!

She looks to be very well kept, good maintenance history. Paid 13.5K (Thoughts)?

Anyway, I am just saying Hello and really wanted to see if I can connect with some local friends from the Philadelphia area? I just want to say Hello, stay in touch, learn about my car and etc. So if you are from Philadelphia or close to it, please PM me and hopefully we can become friends .

I want to drop some things right off the bat for my car, may you guys can chime in or help?:

1. I noticed the sticky dash issue right away on my way back ! Thinking of buying a Windshield shade, but this cannot be good, since I don't have a garage right now ! What else can I do?

2. I want to install the OEM style lip/spoiler. Don't really care about the quality too, too much. Can anyone point me to the best Replica they might have bought from EBay, painted? And any help on who can help me install it? Sounds like it doesn't require drilling.

3. I saw some cool LED tail lights on EBay for about $200 and some dollars. Has anyone tried these? I would LOVE to get the 09 or 10 +, is it? But I hear they are not plug and play for 06 - 08? And again, anyone who can help me install them?

I am REALLY excited and happy about my decision, but the bad news is, I am completely useless when it comes to DIY and don't have a working area or tools.

Thank you everyone who has helped me to arrive at this decision so far and thank you to many others in advance for your help in the future!

Attaching a quick picture as well .

Congrats on the purchase! I just bought an '08 IS250 with 43k miles for 11.5k. Only catch is its a rebuilt title.
How are you liking the car so far?
Old 08-11-14, 09:26 AM
IS250Llama
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Fragger
I have never really installed anything on a car before or worked with the 3M tape before. Can you please point me to a DIY guide or a video you used to install the spoiler? BTW, I ordered mine last night !!!
Good choice, and it will be a breeze to install. Here is a really crude install of a spoiler for you to get an idea:

Basically, you'll be provided with some thin double sided 3M gray adhesive tape. It is stickier than all hell, and not very thick, which makes for an easy install.

When you clean and dry fit the wing for the first time, you'll see what I mean when I say don't get it too close to the edges. You'll see the areas on the inside of the spoiler that look fitted to the car, near the edges. Just avoid putting the 3M right on those edges, and keep it towards the center of the spoiler, otherwise the edges will not be super flush with your trunk.

Hope this helps! :-)
Old 08-11-14, 09:35 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

congrats but damn m3 to is350 power loss major!
Old 08-11-14, 12:22 PM
kaze
Driver School Candidate

hey fragger! welcome to the club, i actually just jumped into an M3 myself and currently trying to get rid of my 350.

i have the G Spyder wheels and F-sport suspension if youre interested in doing a swap + cash
this stuff will go to waste since the dealer wont give me more money when i trade this car in

PM me if youre interested!
Old 08-15-14, 12:31 PM
Fragger
Rookie

Originally Posted by redspencer
Lexus will typically charge 1-1.2 hours for the steering wheel calibration.
Thanks for that info, redspencer, I think when I eventually get to that mod, *IF* I get to that mod, it will be helpful to have as a frame of reference.

Originally Posted by RWDFTW
Congrats on the purchase! I just bought an '08 IS250 with 43k miles for 11.5k. Only catch is its a rebuilt title.
How are you liking the car so far?
I love the car so far mate! Just wish that we didn't have so many of the common issues like the melting dash, the LEDs going out in the cluster, the black spots rear view mirror. I mean, I expect that crap from BMW, which is why I converted, but it's rather disappointing on a Lexus. Maybe with warranty, these issues wouldn't have been a big deal, but hey, I know what I paid for the car and what I got.

Congrats on your purchase as well! That sounds like a great deal, BUT basically when I was in the market, people said, stay the heck away from Rebuilt titles, you may never know what you're signing up for. But the deals are ridiculous on those things though! Are you able to claim Lexus warranty on that and also get insured?

Originally Posted by Jump2man3
congrats but damn m3 to is350 power loss major!
LOL I don't mind it man... don't have much of a lead foot anymore

Originally Posted by kaze
hey fragger! welcome to the club, i actually just jumped into an M3 myself and currently trying to get rid of my 350.

i have the G Spyder wheels and F-sport suspension if youre interested in doing a swap + cash
this stuff will go to waste since the dealer wont give me more money when i trade this car in

PM me if youre interested!
Thanks kaze! I am somewhat confused by your post mate. If you have your M3 and I have my IS350, what exactly are we trading here ? LOL! Sorry if I am slow here!