IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help nothing is working.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-14, 05:11 PM
Taint3d
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help nothing is working.

So today i took my car in to have a window tint strip put across my windshield and had my headlights buffed. I came to get my car and the rear view mirror was still off because the tint is still drying. No big deal.. Go and start my car and notice the AFS light is blinking. So go to pull over after driving a block and no blinker signals. So started messing with everything and noticed the rear view mirrors dont move, windows wont roll up or down unless you press on the individual window. so passenger can roll it up and down from there side but cannot from driver side. The steering wheel also doesn't move. Now everything works when the car is off and you just press the start button but dont start the car.. I dont think they unplugged the battery.. But what else could have happened. Also the headlights do auto adjust nothing wrong there. Iv read on the forums about the rear axel leveling arm.. It looks like its in the right place and they didnt lift the car off the ground or mess with the suspension.. .. So any other ideas guys.. Thanks.
Old 03-13-14, 06:59 PM
jasonr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the windows, its pretty easy fix. follow these steps
1- Roll down the passenger side window using passenger side button. roll all the way down.
2- Roll up the same window using passenger side button. after window is all way up just hold the same button.
3. while holding the passenger side button in up position, hold up the designated button on the driver side. Hold 3-4 secs.

then try the driver side button to roll down the passenger side window. it should work. you have to program all windows like that. except the driver window. since only 1 button for that window.

Disregard any typing or grammar mistake. let me know if you still have problem with windows.
Old 03-13-14, 08:56 PM
Taint3d
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK Weird.

I was in my car with it turned on but not started.. the lights were on, even though the lights were turned off and not on auto... Then after 5~10 min and trying to see if there was a reset button in the nav system, or something I missed, I noticed the headlights turned off for afew secs, then poped back on and afs light started blinking again, then it turned off and right back on again.. Now the headlights already leveled off once and then it didnt do it again the next 3-4 times it turned off and on.. But the last time the lights turned off they stayed off.. I waited for awhile and it looked like it was done turning back on.. So I started the car and the afs light never blank, all the windows and everything was back to normal.. Tried restarting several times and it looks like everything is good. I do know that I did do one thing before it went back to normal... The trunk button was turned off so I couldnt open the trunk unless i used the key... I pushed the button in, and i think maybe that could of done something.. Maybe not.. But hay its fixed... I'll post back if it comes back.
Old 03-13-14, 08:59 PM
jasonr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was easy fix. hahaha your car managed to figure it out.