IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Dealership scratched my front lip

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-13, 09:39 AM
g2bme
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Dealership scratched my front lip

A the subject says, I took my car in for servicing. They kept it from Saturday till Monday. They drove it around the area which is completely under construction. I noticed getting it back this morning that the front lip had a scratch to it. I notified the service agent who said he'd have to get the manager involved.

Has anyone had a similar issue and the chances they'll fix it?

In lowered on f sports and the front lip adds to the drop. I just has it painted a month ago!
Old 11-05-13, 09:57 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Scratches and dings have happened to many people on this forum. It's a good thing that you pointed it out to the service person before you left the dealer. Unfortunately this now becomes a game of he said she said. Good luck.
Old 11-05-13, 12:20 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Scratches and dings have happened to many people on this forum. It's a good thing that you pointed it out to the service person before you left the dealer. Unfortunately this now becomes a game of he said she said. Good luck.
thanks, I showed the service guy's partner and he mentioned it to the service manager. They're going to check with the original service rep and "check surveillance video" to see who's liable. It's a little upsetting but meh, I'd rather just point it out and let them know. Their service has gone to crap.
Old 11-05-13, 01:15 PM
leftyjohn
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Happened to me. Stealership messed up my GFX lip and I didnt notice it til I left. Went rite back to them and showed them what they did. They fixed the problem without any drama. Guess it all depends on what dealer is involved
Old 11-05-13, 04:09 PM
tigerbalm
Driver School Candidate

My g/f had a brand new corolla S with 6000 miles on it. Unfortunately a tree hit the roof line and trunk so it went to the dealer to get fixed. We went to pick it up and there was a chip of paint missing about the size of a quarter on one of her doors. The only reason it got fixed is I took pictures of the entire car and it did not show that spot damaged. I told them they can fix it now or I can find alternative ways of getting them to fix it. Long story short, someone got fired and the car got fixed. Always take pictures of the car before letting someone touch it.
Old 11-12-13, 12:44 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tigerbalm
My g/f had a brand new corolla S with 6000 miles on it. Unfortunately a tree hit the roof line and trunk so it went to the dealer to get fixed. We went to pick it up and there was a chip of paint missing about the size of a quarter on one of her doors. The only reason it got fixed is I took pictures of the entire car and it did not show that spot damaged. I told them they can fix it now or I can find alternative ways of getting them to fix it. Long story short, someone got fired and the car got fixed. Always take pictures of the car before letting someone touch it.
whoa, so you got someone fired?!

I don't want to do that. I was just extremely upset with the lack of customer service the dealership had. I've had experience with them before and this has by far a total 180! I mean the damage on the front lip is going to be there if one is not careful. This damage was completely noticeable on the new paint and I was upset. From there it became even worse when the lack of follow up and how I was treated when I left.

Just an update. I e-mailed them and called but no response back. After 2 weeks to this day, I finally put up a YELP review and it was pretty extensive. You can see it on yelp (Lexus Service Center Santa Monica). I posted it and gave the same description I posted on here. About a few hours later, I received a call from the Service Manager. He mentioned they MAY have a fix to the grinding noise that happens during start up for my car and also addressed the scratches on the car when I picked it up. I have yet to call him back for a follow up, I sort of feel like it's going to be a "Take it back here, we can fix it and take a look at the scratches". But now it's me submitting my car over to them and them doing NOTHING with it just to give me a piece of mind it's getting fixed. =T
Old 11-12-13, 08:39 PM
tigerbalm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by g2bme
whoa, so you got someone fired?!

=T
I wasn't trying to get someone fired, but I was told by the lady up front that there were a lot of complaints lately with the body shop. I guess my complaint to the manager was the last straw for someones screw ups.