IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Nothing is going wrong with this car!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-13, 11:18 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Nothing is going wrong with this car!

It's been a good year where I've had no need to visit the dealer for anything... nothing mechanical, fit and finish, rattles... nada. While this is a great tribute to the IS250's build quatlity and longterm ownership costs, I miss my visits to the dealership, steller service, and fine loaner cars. The solid reliability is also sparking my rational side to keep the car and save money (never done this with any car I've owned).

All kidding and points aside, after five years of ownership, I'm super impressed with how well this car was built. We here on the forums tend to chime in when there's a problem (myself included), so I felt it would be nice to have a thread displaying the positives. Hope I'm not alone.
Old 02-06-13, 11:29 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love this car too. Even with the carbon build up issue and a couple other things, I really can't hate this car at all. Lexus (Especially Longo Lexus here in SoCal) has gone above and beyond my expectations to make sure any issues I had were taken care of thru the regular and CPO warranties. (I'm sure you know you know what i'm talking about too, I've seen your car at Longo haha). Gotta love the great service from Lexus

I really hope I can hang onto this car for a while! It's nice having a car where I can just hop in and go everyday and not have to worry about things breaking all the time. I do about ~25k miles a year - so it really helps to feel that way about this car! lol
Old 02-06-13, 11:42 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 170 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
I love this car too. Even with the carbon build up issue and a couple other things, I really can't hate this car at all. Lexus (Especially Longo Lexus here in SoCal) has gone above and beyond my expectations to make sure any issues I had were taken care of thru the regular and CPO warranties. (I'm sure you know you know what i'm talking about too, I've seen your car at Longo haha). Gotta love the great service from Lexus

I really hope I can hang onto this car for a while! It's nice having a car where I can just hop in and go everyday and not have to worry about things breaking all the time. I do about ~25k miles a year - so it really helps to feel that way about this car! lol
Ahhhhh! I missed ya last year at Longo. I think we were there one day apart. Was hoping to meet you there too.
Yeah, Longo was the best dealership experience I've ever had. Really made any issue not so bad. My rough idle will likely come back this summer when the weather warms up. But with the extended warranty Lexus gave, I'm not worried one bit.
Old 02-06-13, 11:42 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Everything that has gone wrong with my car has been self inflicted by a modification I do
Old 02-07-13, 02:32 PM
TUNG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fizzyboy7! if you miss the stealership that much and all, you can pay for some maintenance for my car, =]
Old 02-07-13, 03:04 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought I was the only one to miss Lexus of Westminster service. It was nice to recently go there for a free inspection.

I am actually looking forward to receiving the windshield wiper recall in the mail haha
Old 02-07-13, 03:14 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here.still love my car if the carbon buildup does happen.
Old 02-07-13, 05:14 PM
Gville350

Received 435 Likes on 387 Posts

Besides the recalls and an alignment, my car hasn't had any need to visit the dealership or repair shop. I love my IS350.
Old 02-07-13, 06:24 PM
karasha
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Everything that has gone wrong with my car has been self inflicted by a modification I do
Bingo. I constantly say that we took reliable cars and made them unreliable. My biggest headaches on my car is because I created the problems. Car is too low -- I scrape, rub, and blister fenders. Car has a CEL because of PPE headers and running absolutely no resonators or cats. The list just kinda goes on. Otherwise, mechanically, it has been a dream to me... except that I seem to have a small leak near the fuel pump, which could be from when they did recall work or from me always running the gas down to having about 1 gallon left before I fuel up.

It looks good doe.
Old 02-07-13, 07:54 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

Things my car needs:
Dash (crumbling apart)
New door panels (becoming mushy)
Rain Sensor (erratic operation)
Subwoofer (rattling)
Rear Speaker (crackling)
Rear Brakes (no pad left)
Cats (rotten egg smell)
Navigation Screen (no touch)
Gauge Cluster (led's burnt and making noise)
I think that's it for now?
I plan on trading mine in for a 10 or 11 IS 250 with Navigation, I need a car with a warranty.
Old 02-08-13, 05:08 AM
CCJ22
Pole Position

Jakers, I have a stock subwoofer. I'm not using it.
Old 02-08-13, 10:16 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

I've had no issues with the 3 I've owned. Thinking about keeping this one, but I change mind every day lol
Old 02-08-13, 02:00 PM
don
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A royal jinx thread if I ever saw one.
My breaks squeak like a ...
Old 02-08-13, 02:06 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

Same here pretty much. had a water pump go at 115K-ish miles and that's been it so far. Since I only drive 12-15K miles a year it's letting me contemplate combining the budget of the next two car purchases I had planned together......
Old 02-08-13, 10:31 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

5 years of ownership-60k

2 recall done with another recall pending.

5 TSIB done

My IS has more problems than my previous BMW.

Quick Reply: Nothing is going wrong with this car!