IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tires for an 08 IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-11, 06:01 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i feel that way too...ill try the recommended installer goin forward- do you get to pay for the install up front? Thats quite usefull! Im guessing these shops would be able to handle our tire pressure sensors.
Old 04-02-11, 03:37 PM
IonSpray35
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had my Hankooks put on. The recommended shop (off Tire Rack) took 8 hours for four tires and alignment. They said they had trouble putting the tires on, 3-4 balances. They also said they had a few technicians out, but still. I had an appointment and was there close to opening time.

The tires do feel a little soft, there's a delayed response when steering but after the sidewalls give a bit, they become stiff. I've only put a few miles on them, a bit of shake and bake, so I can't say for sure how they are. The road noise seems to be just like the Toyo Proxes 1-R though, which was quite good.
Old 04-02-11, 03:44 PM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bichon
I bought mine from the TireRack, and had them shipped directly to one of their recommended installers. (I'm a big fan of Tire Rack's recommended installer program; before they instituted it I always felt that the local tire shops were charging me extra for mounting and balance to make up for the profit they lost of the sale of the tires)
Thanks for the info, let me figure out who their recommended installers are

Originally Posted by IonSpray35
I just had my Hankooks put on. The recommended shop (off Tire Rack) took 8 hours for four tires and alignment. They said they had trouble putting the tires on, 3-4 balances. They also said they had a few technicians out, but still. I had an appointment and was there close to opening time.
I just had my alignment done in mid-March so not planning on doing alignment as soon as the new summer tires are put on (which I hope is ok). Unless something changes, I'm going to be swapping the tires on my OEM wheels. So far I've swapped off these rims 3 times now going back and forth between my winters and summers.

The plan this time was to leave the winters on the OEM rims this time and get either:

a) another set of '08 IS 350 wheels (hyper silver/liquid graphite/gunmetal/gun metal - whatever the color is called) b) get the '08 IS-F rims
b) the '08 IS-F wheels (which would be 19" But I'm still trying to get a clear answer on specific spacers I would need, how my drive or anything else would be affected, if I could/should still do the Hankooks, etc)
c) the new '11 IS 350 F-sport package wheels (maybe it's on the IS 250 F-sport package too?)

But that hasn't happened yet and I doubt it will so looks like I'll be swapping the tires on these rims a 4th time.

Last edited by Shahryar; 04-02-11 at 05:35 PM.