Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Brabus Wheels on an IS

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-10, 01:51 PM   #1
ndk83
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
ndk83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DXB / AD
Posts: 2,830
Default Brabus Wheels on an IS

ok, so im over 19inch wheels, and i really want to get a set of 20inch Brabus Monoblock S wheels for my IS. Ive been inlove with these wheels since i first lay eyes on them years back, and now i really really really want them.

Heres the probem, brabus wheels bolt patter /pcd is 5x 112, ours are 5 x 114.3
I know there is two options get them redrilled or get adapters. Adapters i here are bad cause they cause wobble.

now with the redrill from my understanding of how the bolt pattern is calculated (the distance from the center of the center bore to the center of the bolt hole) is that the holes will have to be filled and new holes will have to be redrilled??? or is that wrong and u just have to bore out the original holes?

Is the work difficult? not sure who id find to redrill the holes in the UAE. IVe seen some SC guys here on CL fit brabus wheels, is the SC bold pattern different than the IS?
anyway here are some photoshops. I love this wheel
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images
 
__________________
ndk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 02:23 PM   #2
NCLexi250
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndk83 View Post
ok, so im over 19inch wheels, and i really want to get a set of 20inch Brabus Monoblock S wheels for my IS. Ive been inlove with these wheels since i first lay eyes on them years back, and now i really really really want them.

Heres the probem, brabus wheels bolt patter /pcd is 5x 112, ours are 5 x 114.3
I know there is two options get them redrilled or get adapters. Adapters i here are bad cause they cause wobble.

now with the redrill from my understanding of how the bolt pattern is calculated (the distance from the center of the center bore to the center of the bolt hole) is that the holes will have to be filled and new holes will have to be redrilled??? or is that wrong and u just have to bore out the original holes?

Is the work difficult? not sure who id find to redrill the holes in the UAE. IVe seen some SC guys here on CL fit brabus wheels, is the SC bold pattern different than the IS?
anyway here are some photoshops. I love this wheel
Looks hawt, man!
__________________
2006 IS250 AWD - Tein / Joe Z / Steering damper (current ride) ~ more goodies to come
2000 GS400 (SRT, Bilstein, Espelir, 25mm spacers, Polyurethane bushings, etc.) ~ SOLD
1999 Mazda Protege ES (K&N, Eibach, Tokico, Alpine, Zapco amp) ~ Retired
NCLexi250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 02:26 PM   #3
m3nv
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: GA
Posts: 375
Default

From what I understand you have to fill the holes and have them completely redrilled. Not only do you have to worry about redrilling the centers, you have to worry about get centerbore as well.
__________________
2008 Lexus IS250
2007 Lexus 400h
2004 Lexus 430UL
2003 Lexus SC430
1997 BMW M3
m3nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 02:32 PM   #4
ndk83
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
ndk83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DXB / AD
Posts: 2,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3nv View Post
From what I understand you have to fill the holes and have them completely redrilled. Not only do you have to worry about redrilling the centers, you have to worry about get centerbore as well.
Do u know what the center bore size for merc/brabus is? Ours are 60.1 i believe
nvm i searched and its 66.6

what do u mean by i have to worry about getting the center bore as well? are u refering to hub centric rings?


why cant i just bore out the center hole? Have u done soemthing like this before?
__________________
ndk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 03:29 PM   #5
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,903
Default

It's not worth the trouble.
__________________
www.clublexus.com/gallery/data//501/eggie_002.jpg

06 GS300 Obsidian
07 GS350 GFM
http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sho...0&ppuser=14738
Ice350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 03:33 PM   #6
ndk83
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
ndk83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DXB / AD
Posts: 2,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice350 View Post
It's not worth the trouble.
why not?


Another thing, from what ive been reading, the merc wheels will generally slide on cause the holes are usually machined bigger than necessary, and i know its not safe and no one recommends me doin that, but if it does slide on, and i get some hub centric rings, so that the wheel is centered correctly, is stress still being placed on the lugs?

Ive read so much about people getting away w running merc wheels on lexus and very little on thing actually goin wrong.
__________________
ndk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 04:23 PM   #7
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndk83 View Post
why not?


Another thing, from what ive been reading, the merc wheels will generally slide on cause the holes are usually machined bigger than necessary, and i know its not safe and no one recommends me doin that, but if it does slide on, and i get some hub centric rings, so that the wheel is centered correctly, is stress still being placed on the lugs?

Ive read so much about people getting away w running merc wheels on lexus and very little on thing actually goin wrong.
I've tried re-drilling twice. It works but the car just doesn't feel as solid as it should...like there is more play in the steering than normal. There is also a little vibration in there. Lexus sterring is more sensitive than other makes and I would do it. Besides, there are other wheels that look German that do fit.
__________________
www.clublexus.com/gallery/data//501/eggie_002.jpg

06 GS300 Obsidian
07 GS350 GFM
http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sho...0&ppuser=14738
Ice350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 01:07 AM   #8
Rash
-75lbs
Trader Score: (1)
 
Rash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: dxb
Posts: 12,165
Default

There is one guy have Brabus wheels very long time ago, it's available somewhere in Aftermarket wheel thread, custom job, maybe you'll find something there.

Oh come on man, get the CV2. I bet the Brabus wheels are very expensive.
Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 03:56 AM   #9
ndk83
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
ndk83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DXB / AD
Posts: 2,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashoodz View Post
There is one guy have Brabus wheels very long time ago, it's available somewhere in Aftermarket wheel thread, custom job, maybe you'll find something there.

Oh come on man, get the CV2. I bet the Brabus wheels are very expensive.
Shoooodz, wainak yakhee? I tried calling u and bbming u, nothing was working.

yea im gonna wait and see what the CV2s look like, that started this whole craze, and i thought to myself, if im gonna change my wheels again, get a wheel design taht i LOVE.
As for Brabus being too expensive, i wont buy them brand new, ill see if i can get a good deal on a used set. Anyway well see.

And yea i remember it was the SC in blue w the brabus V wheels. soooo sick. I think that was remachine and got to work.
__________________
ndk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 04:40 AM   #10
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
RastaRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 4,004
Default

not really feeling it, but thats jus my opinion
RastaRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 05:37 AM   #11
Rash
-75lbs
Trader Score: (1)
 
Rash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: dxb
Posts: 12,165
Default

Naif, I'm in India right now, I've seen your missed call, was kinda busy and forgot to call back.

No, there was an IS too. Get the CV2, starting to get jealous about it, but not too sure.
Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 07:04 AM   #12
ndk83
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
ndk83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DXB / AD
Posts: 2,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashoodz View Post
Naif, I'm in India right now, I've seen your missed call, was kinda busy and forgot to call back.

No, there was an IS too. Get the CV2, starting to get jealous about it, but not too sure.
Cool hit me up when u back in town
as for the CV2, i love the wheel, dont think itll look good on an IS. saraha i like the CV1 much much more, looks hot on ALL cars, and esp the IS. change it and ill kill you
__________________
ndk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 07:20 AM   #13
baadhabit
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (2)
 
baadhabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NY to FL
Posts: 1,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice350 View Post
It's not worth the trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RastaRacer View Post
not really feeling it, but thats jus my opinion

agreed. im sure you can find a similar wheel design by a maker that correctly fits.
baadhabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 07:25 AM   #14
ndk83
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
ndk83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DXB / AD
Posts: 2,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice350 View Post
I've tried re-drilling twice. It works but the car just doesn't feel as solid as it should...like there is more play in the steering than normal. There is also a little vibration in there. Lexus sterring is more sensitive than other makes and I would do it. Besides, there are other wheels that look German that do fit.
when u redrilled the wheels did u use a hubcentric ring? maybe that was the issue and not the redrill itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by baadhabit View Post

agreed. im sure you can find a similar wheel design by a maker that correctly fits.
haha, similar isnt the same, and havnt found anything similar anwyay. My heart is really set on these and im just trying to find out the best possible way of doing it
__________________
ndk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 07:44 AM   #15
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)
 
IXI187IXI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly
Posts: 8,107
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000548829927 AWD GS
Default

eh its not a good idea and i agree i wouldnt do it. get a wheel thats suppose to fit. redrilling leads to nothing but problems especially for something so minor like 112 to 114.3.
__________________

2006 Lexus GS 300 AWD Glacier Frost Mica - Black - ML Package
20" x 8.5" Status Knight Wheels Black with Machine Face | Bridgestone G-Force Tires 245/30/20 | BC Racing Coilovers | Carson Tuned Lip Kit | 3000k HID Fogs | Prestigious Society Navi/DVD Override Kit | 15% Tint | Black Roof and Window Trim
IXI187IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 07:44 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
5x1143, bold, bore, brabus, cl, es300, fit, length, lexus, lug, nut, pattern, rim, size, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offset Gurus please Help!! LethalLS LS430 8 02-21-13 06:02 AM
Wheel Situation: Redrilling, wobble bolts, adapters, etc. for 5x112mm wheel. stillfly45 SC 400/300 14 01-21-11 11:28 AM
Redrilling Wheels 5x114 to 5x120 TokerIS350 The Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels & Brakes Forum 5 10-29-10 02:51 PM
a 5x 112 rim onto a 5x114.3 pcd car question ndk83 The Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels & Brakes Forum 14 10-15-10 07:29 AM
Reputable shop for Redrilling wheels in SOCAL daSC4 CL of Southern California 2 07-24-08 06:22 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info