IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Brabus Wheels on an IS

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-10, 01:51 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brabus Wheels on an IS

ok, so im over 19inch wheels, and i really want to get a set of 20inch Brabus Monoblock S wheels for my IS. Ive been inlove with these wheels since i first lay eyes on them years back, and now i really really really want them.

Heres the probem, brabus wheels bolt patter /pcd is 5x 112, ours are 5 x 114.3
I know there is two options get them redrilled or get adapters. Adapters i here are bad cause they cause wobble.

now with the redrill from my understanding of how the bolt pattern is calculated (the distance from the center of the center bore to the center of the bolt hole) is that the holes will have to be filled and new holes will have to be redrilled??? or is that wrong and u just have to bore out the original holes?

Is the work difficult? not sure who id find to redrill the holes in the UAE. IVe seen some SC guys here on CL fit brabus wheels, is the SC bold pattern different than the IS?
anyway here are some photoshops. I love this wheel
Attached Thumbnails Brabus Wheels on an IS-monoblocks.jpg  
Old 10-11-10, 02:23 PM
NCLexi250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ndk83
ok, so im over 19inch wheels, and i really want to get a set of 20inch Brabus Monoblock S wheels for my IS. Ive been inlove with these wheels since i first lay eyes on them years back, and now i really really really want them.

Heres the probem, brabus wheels bolt patter /pcd is 5x 112, ours are 5 x 114.3
I know there is two options get them redrilled or get adapters. Adapters i here are bad cause they cause wobble.

now with the redrill from my understanding of how the bolt pattern is calculated (the distance from the center of the center bore to the center of the bolt hole) is that the holes will have to be filled and new holes will have to be redrilled??? or is that wrong and u just have to bore out the original holes?

Is the work difficult? not sure who id find to redrill the holes in the UAE. IVe seen some SC guys here on CL fit brabus wheels, is the SC bold pattern different than the IS?
anyway here are some photoshops. I love this wheel
Looks hawt, man!
Old 10-11-10, 02:26 PM
m3nv
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I understand you have to fill the holes and have them completely redrilled. Not only do you have to worry about redrilling the centers, you have to worry about get centerbore as well.
Old 10-11-10, 02:32 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by m3nv
From what I understand you have to fill the holes and have them completely redrilled. Not only do you have to worry about redrilling the centers, you have to worry about get centerbore as well.
Do u know what the center bore size for merc/brabus is? Ours are 60.1 i believe
nvm i searched and its 66.6

what do u mean by i have to worry about getting the center bore as well? are u refering to hub centric rings?

why cant i just bore out the center hole? Have u done soemthing like this before?
Old 10-11-10, 03:29 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's not worth the trouble.
Old 10-11-10, 03:33 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ice350
why not?

Another thing, from what ive been reading, the merc wheels will generally slide on cause the holes are usually machined bigger than necessary, and i know its not safe and no one recommends me doin that, but if it does slide on, and i get some hub centric rings, so that the wheel is centered correctly, is stress still being placed on the lugs?

Ive read so much about people getting away w running merc wheels on lexus and very little on thing actually goin wrong.
Old 10-11-10, 04:23 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ndk83
why not?

Another thing, from what ive been reading, the merc wheels will generally slide on cause the holes are usually machined bigger than necessary, and i know its not safe and no one recommends me doin that, but if it does slide on, and i get some hub centric rings, so that the wheel is centered correctly, is stress still being placed on the lugs?

Ive read so much about people getting away w running merc wheels on lexus and very little on thing actually goin wrong.
I've tried re-drilling twice. It works but the car just doesn't feel as solid as it should...like there is more play in the steering than normal. There is also a little vibration in there. Lexus sterring is more sensitive than other makes and I would do it. Besides, there are other wheels that look German that do fit.
Old 10-12-10, 01:07 AM
Rash
hmm

There is one guy have Brabus wheels very long time ago, it's available somewhere in Aftermarket wheel thread, custom job, maybe you'll find something there.

Oh come on man, get the CV2. I bet the Brabus wheels are very expensive.
Old 10-12-10, 03:56 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
There is one guy have Brabus wheels very long time ago, it's available somewhere in Aftermarket wheel thread, custom job, maybe you'll find something there.

Oh come on man, get the CV2. I bet the Brabus wheels are very expensive.
Shoooodz, wainak yakhee? I tried calling u and bbming u, nothing was working.

yea im gonna wait and see what the CV2s look like, that started this whole craze, and i thought to myself, if im gonna change my wheels again, get a wheel design taht i LOVE.
As for Brabus being too expensive, i wont buy them brand new, ill see if i can get a good deal on a used set. Anyway well see.

And yea i remember it was the SC in blue w the brabus V wheels. soooo sick. I think that was remachine and got to work.
Old 10-12-10, 04:40 AM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

not really feeling it, but thats jus my opinion
Old 10-12-10, 05:37 AM
Rash
hmm

Naif, I'm in India right now, I've seen your missed call, was kinda busy and forgot to call back.

No, there was an IS too. Get the CV2, starting to get jealous about it, but not too sure.
Old 10-12-10, 07:04 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Naif, I'm in India right now, I've seen your missed call, was kinda busy and forgot to call back.

No, there was an IS too. Get the CV2, starting to get jealous about it, but not too sure.
Cool hit me up when u back in town
as for the CV2, i love the wheel, dont think itll look good on an IS. saraha i like the CV1 much much more, looks hot on ALL cars, and esp the IS. change it and ill kill you
Old 10-12-10, 07:20 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
not really feeling it, but thats jus my opinion

agreed. im sure you can find a similar wheel design by a maker that correctly fits.
Old 10-12-10, 07:25 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

I've tried re-drilling twice. It works but the car just doesn't feel as solid as it should...like there is more play in the steering than normal. There is also a little vibration in there. Lexus sterring is more sensitive than other makes and I would do it. Besides, there are other wheels that look German that do fit.
when u redrilled the wheels did u use a hubcentric ring? maybe that was the issue and not the redrill itself

Originally Posted by baadhabit

agreed. im sure you can find a similar wheel design by a maker that correctly fits.
haha, similar isnt the same, and havnt found anything similar anwyay. My heart is really set on these and im just trying to find out the best possible way of doing it
Old 10-12-10, 07:44 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

eh its not a good idea and i agree i wouldnt do it. get a wheel thats suppose to fit. redrilling leads to nothing but problems especially for something so minor like 112 to 114.3.

Quick Reply: Brabus Wheels on an IS