IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Has anyone installed a Nokia bluetooth system to an IS250?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-09, 04:42 AM
C-man jr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone installed a Nokia bluetooth system to an IS250?

I was wondering if anyone has installed somekind of a bluetooth handsfree system to an IS250?

I was thinking about installing Nokia's CK-600 system, this:
http://www.nokiausa.com/find-product...car-kit-ck-600
but I am wondering about how easy the installation will be? Anyone have any experience about this?

And if there happens to be someone who has done this, could you possibly explain a little bit about the different work stages in the installation?
Old 12-21-09, 09:23 AM
C-man jr
Pole Position

And I forgot to say that my car doesn't have that 7" screen on the middle (with the GPS and stuff) so I need help with an installation that does not use that screen.
Old 12-23-09, 12:31 AM
C-man jr
Pole Position

Honestly, doesn't anyone have any experience of these?
Old 12-24-09, 09:13 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

I have installed traditional car phone kits but no Bluetooth kits but the concepts are the same. A traditional or basic Bluetooth phone kit requires only four connections to a car -- power, ground, radio mute and speaker. Sometimes two power sources are required -- one constant and one switched. Some people use an external speaker for simple car kits instead of using the radio speakers.

Installing a Bluetooth kit like the CK-600 can be more complex if you want to play music from your phone over your car stereo. If you can find an interface harness to go between the CK-600 and your IS250 audio system, installation should be very easy -- plug and play -- but may require pulling the radio head unit out of the dash -- usually quite easy vehicles made by Toyota. On some Lexus cars, the connection to the audio system is made at a separate amplifier which is sometimes in the trunk.

A good place to start would be to review the CK-600 installation guide: http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod.../ck-600/guides

Although my wife and I have been long time users of Nokia phones and we currently have traditional Nokia car kits in our 1998 Toyota Camry and 2000 Lexus LS400, Nokia's market share and popularity in the U.S. has plunged over the past five years. Nokia products are not as widely available in the U.S. as those from other companies.

If I was going to install a Bluetooth Car Kit, I would more likely install a Parrot MKi9100 or MKi9200. The MKi9100 has a small LCD screen and the MKi9200 has a larger color screen that is similar to the screen of the CK-600. In my opinion, the quality of Parrot products is usually not as good as Nokia but Parrot products seem to have more features. Some people have complained that the wiring harnesses for the MKi9100 and MKi9200 are not long enough -- careful planning may be required to position the display, controller and microphone where you want them.

Interface harnesses for installing the Parrot MKi9100 and MKi9200 into an IS250 are available at http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php
Quick Connect also has a harness for installing a Nokia car kit in an IS250 but it looks to me that wire splicing is involved. Definitely look for a "plug and play" interface harness.

There is an installation manual at http://www.lexus-tech.eu/faq.aspx that shows installing a Motorola IHF1000 phone kit into an IS250. Look in the Accessory Installation Manuals section for "Bluetooth Handsfree System. It shows how to the type of interior disassembly necessary to install a phone kit. The IHF1000 was sold in Europe as an offical Lexus accessory. It is not necessary to register to view the manuals.
Old 12-24-09, 10:12 AM
C-man jr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kansas
I have installed traditional car phone kits but no Bluetooth kits but the concepts are the same. A traditional or basic Bluetooth phone kit requires only four connections to a car -- power, ground, radio mute and speaker. Sometimes two power sources are required -- one constant and one switched. Some people use an external speaker for simple car kits instead of using the radio speakers.

Installing a Bluetooth kit like the CK-600 can be more complex if you want to play music from your phone over your car stereo. If you can find an interface harness to go between the CK-600 and your IS250 audio system, installation should be very easy -- plug and play -- but may require pulling the radio head unit out of the dash -- usually quite easy vehicles made by Toyota. On some Lexus cars, the connection to the audio system is made at a separate amplifier which is sometimes in the trunk.

A good place to start would be to review the CK-600 installation guide: http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod.../ck-600/guides

Although my wife and I have been long time users of Nokia phones and we currently have traditional Nokia car kits in our 1998 Toyota Camry and 2000 Lexus LS400, Nokia's market share and popularity in the U.S. has plunged over the past five years. Nokia products are not as widely available in the U.S. as those from other companies.

If I was going to install a Bluetooth Car Kit, I would more likely install a Parrot MKi9100 or MKi9200. The MKi9100 has a small LCD screen and the MKi9200 has a larger color screen that is similar to the screen of the CK-600. In my opinion, the quality of Parrot products is usually not as good as Nokia but Parrot products seem to have more features. Some people have complained that the wiring harnesses for the MKi9100 and MKi9200 are not long enough -- careful planning may be required to position the display, controller and microphone where you want them.

Interface harnesses for installing the Parrot MKi9100 and MKi9200 into an IS250 are available at http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php
Quick Connect also has a harness for installing a Nokia car kit in an IS250 but it looks to me that wire splicing is involved. Definitely look for a "plug and play" interface harness.

There is an installation manual at http://www.lexus-tech.eu/faq.aspx that shows installing a Motorola IHF1000 phone kit into an IS250. Look in the Accessory Installation Manuals section for "Bluetooth Handsfree System. It shows how to the type of interior disassembly necessary to install a phone kit. The IHF1000 was sold in Europe as an offical Lexus accessory. It is not necessary to register to view the manuals.
Million thanks for your answer, it helps a lot. As to the Parrot products, I still think I will go with Nokia, for two reasons: 1. I've never heard of Parrot before, and it is not easily available in Finland as far as I know (don't think it comes as a surprise that Nokia products are the most common in Finland..) and 2. I've seen the CK-600 working, and was really pleased with that one, so I know what I'm getting

Listening to music that's in my phone through the speakers in the car is not necessary, I have no need what so ever for that function. All I need is that the calls come through the car's audio system (if that's not possible then an additional speaker somewhere where it can't be seen).