IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Just wanted to thank everyone for a great time and all your help! Its time to replace

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-08, 09:44 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nooooooo!!!! Sell it private party?
Old 06-09-08, 11:03 AM
eskae3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw an X6 yesterday and it looks really aggressive. Well just saw you already got an RDX. Nice choice ;-) Much more reliable than a Bimmer.
Old 06-09-08, 01:00 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
Nooooooo!!!! Sell it private party?
I would love to but with the new TSX out it just killed the value of her car...even with LOW miles on it. I hate to part out the IS and get rid of it as I really enjoy all I have done to make the car what I wanted. I did want to BOOST the car and see how far I could push it but there will be another one in the future. Its only a year away and then I can hand the keys in on the TSX and of course start all over again oh well Im sure someone will enjoy the parts off my car!

haven't seen any pics of your car lately where you been hiding??

Mike
Old 06-09-08, 05:47 PM
maxnix
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
HAHA...I just got my first offer from my Lexus dealer Looks like my buddy is going to loose my business or its time to change out of Lexus. For a 48k car new about 18 mos old it took the worst deprecation I have seen on any car I have had. If this is the case the car will stay for remainder of my lease. I wont throw money out the window! Funny how they tell me they are so slow and hurting for business
I was wondering about why you didn't sell it outright as it is a stunner.

Upside down on one car and hosed on the other? Maybe it is best to "compromise" and keep the beast.
The mpg might make it worthwhile.
Old 06-09-08, 08:18 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by maxnix
I was wondering about why you didn't sell it outright as it is a stunner.

Upside down on one car and hosed on the other? Maybe it is best to "compromise" and keep the beast.
The mpg might make it worthwhile.
I don't have the time to sell them privately as nice as that would be. One car, the TSX, took a hit in value with a new body style that just came out and them discounting out the previous model. Its a lease car to me so I really don't care about where or what the car/market is doing. I wanted to trade it for something more practical due to lifestyle changes and I can more then make up for it as I know the owners of the dealer I am just asking for the world from them It really is not a loss but hard for me to explain that here. The IS makes a better financial decision to get out of the lease. Its all in the #'s I do not keep cars that long so to me I will get something else in the near future. I am considering the GS to have a little bigger car so I am sure I will be back and have fun playing around with the car all over again! I really enjoy the community here and how helpful the members are here. The previous forms I was on a few times and never again. They really have a nice group of mods running this site!!!

I do have a IS350 that I drive so its not the greatest MPG on the street like the IS250 but it does much better then my previous car! The RDX will be pretty comparable to the IS. The TSX doesn't do that great believe it or not for an inline 4 I am getting better MPG on the IS 9 out of 10 times! That really surprised me as I drove the car recently to go on a business trip. I have since paid close attn to see how the car performs on a regular basis. My wife and I both travel the same amount and all expressway driving I personally don't care for the TSX and cant wait for it to be gone!!! haha...

There are things I want out of the IS that I will never get coming from Audi and BMW. I know they are the worst cars and not reliable? I guess I was blessed as I never had troubles with either make and I was driving a good 40k per year and all I did was oil changes every 15k miles. The gadgets in the IS are very nice compared to both of those but I hardly ever use any of them. I would rather "DRIVE" my car then worry about the other stuff. The ML DVD player I have used it a few times to show to people. Really cool feature to have that IMO hardly gets used. I wish I had figured out how to tap into the feed and put monitors in the rear to allow my passengers to enjoy!