IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Going Surfing, How to lock keyless module in car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-08, 12:46 PM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a hide-a-key box, lock your car and than stick it underneath your car somewhere.

you could also pop your gas lid. lock your car. take the manual key with you and close your gas lid after the fob is in there.

i do either or depending on the weather. but the gas lid is the preferable method. try it out!
Old 05-19-08, 03:52 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

take the battery out, wrap it with something water proof, put it in your underwear. leave the fob in the car, take the key out, duct tape it under your car.

Or duct tape both under your car lol.
Old 05-19-08, 04:27 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

umm just take the battery out stick fob in glove box lock with mechanical key then stick in wet suit. BINGO problem solved. or have a girl come along with you so they can sunbath and keep ur **** for u.

Last edited by Drunkebuda; 05-19-08 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-20-08, 04:35 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MLIAISON
Wait....why cant you just pop the battery out and put the FOB and the Battery (loose)...in the Glove box and lock it? And just use the Manual key?
You could, but then you can't lock the car. The car will not lock if it detects the key in the cabin.
Old 05-20-08, 04:55 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't have any problems when I go kitting...http://www.aquapac.net/ I put phone, keys to it and dont' even bother hiding keys anywhere..

Old 05-20-08, 09:22 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^^ that's a little big to stick in a wetsuit while surfing!
Old 05-20-08, 09:25 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fluxx
you could also pop your gas lid. lock your car. take the manual key with you and close your gas lid after the fob is in there.

but the gas lid is the preferable method. try it out!
That actually works?? The car doors will lock with the FOB inside the gas filler door? I wonder if there are any gas fumes in that location that might cause a problem with the FOB? I'd hate to have to spend $$$ to replace one.
Old 05-20-08, 11:27 AM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
That actually works?? The car doors will lock with the FOB inside the gas filler door? I wonder if there are any gas fumes in that location that might cause a problem with the FOB? I'd hate to have to spend $$$ to replace one.
ive done it about 10times now. i dont see how fumes would have any affect on the key fob itself, let alone pass the actualy sealed gas cap. if that was the case of leaking fumes than potential gas could spill out. but its not and the fumes and gas are sealed inside.. the only problem i could see is that you are careless when it comes to filling the car up and there is gas all over the place.

so anyways i lay the key fob itself on my gas cap. it lays horizontal and i just rest it on it.
Old 05-20-08, 02:02 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

I can put my key in the cupholder and my doors won't unlock. I have no idea how you guys are getting them to open.

I would just lock and unlock with the fob, place fob in cupholder, close the door, take mechanical key with me, wait for car to lock itself.

Well my car locks itself anyways after a while. The gas door method also sounds plausible.
Old 05-20-08, 03:00 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by meefer
I can put my key in the cupholder and my doors won't unlock. I have no idea how you guys are getting them to open.

I would just lock and unlock with the fob, place fob in cupholder, close the door, take mechanical key with me, wait for car to lock itself.

Well my car locks itself anyways after a while. The gas door method also sounds plausible.
RU saying that if you leave the fob in the car, you can lock it? Do you use the button on the outside handle? I've tried this, and I could not get the car to lock--not using the button, or the inside door lock switch (then shut the door).

I don't know about this car locking itself thing.
Old 05-20-08, 03:50 PM
meefer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tex2670
RU saying that if you leave the fob in the car, you can lock it? Do you use the button on the outside handle? I've tried this, and I could not get the car to lock--not using the button, or the inside door lock switch (then shut the door).

I don't know about this car locking itself thing.
I can lock and unlock with the fob, place the fob in the cupholder, wait 2 minutes, and the car locks itself. This is with the engine off of course. I've done this at least twice washing the car (spare keys rule).
Old 05-21-08, 04:27 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by carchitect
Simply throwing the key in the trunk will make the smart access system to see the key is in the trunk and reopen it.
I tried this last night--the trunk did NOT automatically open. BUT, if I pushed the trunk button, the trunk did open.

What if you got a safe box, and put it in the trunk? Maybe it would keep the signal from transmitting to the trunk. You lock the car, take the mechanical key, put the transmitter in the box in the trunk, and go?
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-08, 04:29 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by meefer
I can lock and unlock with the fob, place the fob in the cupholder, wait 2 minutes, and the car locks itself. This is with the engine off of course. I've done this at least twice washing the car (spare keys rule).
You should have the dealer check that--the system is supposed to prevent the car from locking with the car off and the key in the car.
Old 05-21-08, 12:24 PM
Shank2117
Pole Position

put the fob in your pocket, its waterpoof.
Old 05-22-08, 12:17 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
^^ that's a little big to stick in a wetsuit while surfing!
as for myself, I use vest where is a big pocket, but I put picture as an exaple. Choose from any size you want, it is 100% waterprof. Some guys tried diving with it and had no water leak in even 30meters, but I would put anything fragile in it when diving not to get crushed D

Quick Reply: Going Surfing, How to lock keyless module in car?