IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Went to the stealership today

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-08, 01:01 PM
andyboy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to the stealership today

So I went to the stealership today to get my oil change and some TSIB done and let me tell you...I am NOT HAPPY...shocker, I know.

1) I specifically asked for Mobile 1 synthetic oil and they put in Regular oil so they took the car back in and put in Mobile 1.

Q: will this screw up the engine?

2) I went in for some TSIB done: a)window tick. b)seat squeaking. c) rear view mirror.

Non of them were replaced because the Technician could NOT reproduce any problems. I KNOW for sure that the driver side seat squeaks like crazy when you get into the car, it's the only thing you can hear when you get in the damn car because it's LOUD!! AND, the rear view mirror shakes like CRAZY when the sunroof is open so they couldn't replace it because the TSIB is not within my VIN number!! I get dizzy everytime I drive and have the sunroof open and look through my rear view mirror!!

I HATE THIS SERVICE DEPT.!!!
Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly Virginia...DON'T GO THERE!

The End.
Old 05-07-08, 01:23 PM
shn7926
Driver School Candidate

That really sux. Apparantly there is a vast difference among dealers, because my dealer has gone the extra mile to get all of the TSIB's done. I've had the rear view mirror replaced, dash rattle fixed, and also the brake pad replacement. Not once did they give me any crap about not being able to duplicate the problem. I will say that each time I took it in for service I had the problem fully documented in writing thanks to info on this board. I did find out that my service advisor HATES this forum, because it actually calls BS on some of their lame pre packaged excuses why they can't seem to diagnose and fix problems. Take it to a different dealer, maybe you will have a pleasant experience.
Old 05-07-08, 01:27 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

I feel ya! The stealership in my neck of the woods sucks too!

Yeah, it's not good to use synthetic for a while then switch to regular. Hopefully they drained it all out.
Old 05-07-08, 01:29 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andyboy
So I went to the stealership today to get my oil change and some TSIB done and let me tell you...I am NOT HAPPY...shocker, I know.

1) I specifically asked for Mobile 1 synthetic oil and they put in Regular oil so they took the car back in and put in Mobile 1.

2) I went in for some TSIB done: a)window tick. b)seat squeaking. c) rear view mirror.

Non of them were replaced because the Technician could NOT reproduce any problems. I KNOW for sure that the driver side seat squeaks like crazy when you get into the car, it's the only thing you can hear when you get in the damn car because it's LOUD!! AND, the rear view mirror shakes like CRAZY when the sunroof is open so they couldn't replace it because the TSIB is not within my VIN number!! I get dizzy everytime I drive and have the sunroof open and look through my rear view mirror!!

The End.
You should have no issues since they switched out the regular right away.
Old 05-07-08, 01:29 PM
slee18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Non of them were replaced because the Technician could NOT reproduce any problems. I KNOW for sure that the driver side seat squeaks like crazy when you get into the car, it's the only thing you can hear when you get in the damn car because it's LOUD!! AND, the rear view mirror shakes like CRAZY when the sunroof is open so they couldn't replace it because the TSIB is not within my VIN number!!

The End.
1. No it wont screw it up. It will if they do it again. You can go from dino oil to synthetic but you should go the other way around.

2. Take the technician with you on a drive and drive around until you can reproduce all the problems.

Good luck
Old 05-07-08, 01:46 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Aside from the Premium prices, I've never had an issue at Pohanka.
Old 05-08-08, 12:56 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

Mine avoided changing out the mirror too. I am going to make more of an issue next time around.
Old 06-09-08, 05:20 PM
andyboy
Lead Lap

So I filled out the online survey that the stealership sent me. After giving them a bad review on the survey I got a call from the stealership a week after I filled it out. They had asked me to come in and do a Road test with them to identify the problems I've been having. So I go in and did a road test with a tech...and what do you know....he heard/found the issues that I had!!! What a freakin surprise!!!

So I brought my car in on Friday and didn't get it back till SUNDAY!! It took nearly 3 days to replace my rear view mirror (which there's an updated TSIB for this) and fixed my squeaky seat issue. Happy that they fixed my issue but NOT happy about wasting my time in taking my car back to the stealership when it could have been fixed the first time!

Which also goes to show that Lexus does read the survey forms....
Old 06-09-08, 05:24 PM
SpookJr
Rookie

Thats sucks. JM in FL has pretty good customer service. I got the brake TSIB and they gave me a loaner for it even though it only took like 6 hours. I returned the loaner 2 days later. haha they didn't really care.
Old 06-09-08, 05:26 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Go to Lexus of Rockville. I know it's a hike for you, but I've gotten consistently good service for TSIBs and simple things.

That reminds me to do the rv mirror TSIB too....
Old 06-09-08, 09:35 PM
Youngie
Rookie

The End.

I have the exact same problem w/ my seats and mirror on my 08 IS350. I also got the same bs from Pohanka Lexus about the problems... Do you remember which tech and service advisor you spoke to?
Old 06-10-08, 03:24 AM
jp350
Rookie

I've found that the service dept. at lindsay lexus is very helpful as well as lexus of rockville. sorry to hear of your recent troubles.
Old 06-10-08, 07:20 AM
andyboy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Youngie
I have the exact same problem w/ my seats and mirror on my 08 IS350. I also got the same bs from Pohanka Lexus about the problems... Do you remember which tech and service advisor you spoke to?
Tech guy was Teg and the serivice guy was Cliff.
Old 06-10-08, 08:49 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club
Forum Moderator

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

You know I went to Pohanka for all my TSIB issues and like you it's been a fight! I've had to call corporate twice to get them to do work. As for the rear view mirror vibration I have it too. I took the car to them and the problem got worse! In fact so much so that the next day the mirror was hanging off the windshield! I immediately took the car back and they told me that since I had a small RFID tag thing that weighs practically nothing on the mirror my warranty was void. I would need to cough up $800 for a new one. I was like that is BS and I actually started to raise my voice. I once again had to call corporate and the dealership finally did something and had the mirror in place again, but still with the vibrations. I'm just going to deal with it for now as I try avoiding service like the plague.
Old 06-10-08, 12:48 PM
andyboy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caymandive
You know I went to Pohanka for all my TSIB issues and like you it's been a fight! I've had to call corporate twice to get them to do work. As for the rear view mirror vibration I have it too. I took the car to them and the problem got worse! In fact so much so that the next day the mirror was hanging off the windshield! I immediately took the car back and they told me that since I had a small RFID tag thing that weighs practically nothing on the mirror my warranty was void. I would need to cough up $800 for a new one. I was like that is BS and I actually started to raise my voice. I once again had to call corporate and the dealership finally did something and had the mirror in place again, but still with the vibrations. I'm just going to deal with it for now as I try avoiding service like the plague.
Wow...now that sucks.

Quick Reply: Went to the stealership today