IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stock Alarm System Mod questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-08, 10:15 AM
anwallac
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stock Alarm System Mod questions

Okay I know this is an old topic, so sorry for starting a new thread, but I really need some more advice with this.

I want to strengthen the stock alarm I have on my IS350 for not a lot of money, and I am not sure what route I want to go. 1st I was thinking to just tie in a shock sensor to the existing system such that anything like someone hitting my car or breaking a window the alarm will go off. This I think I could do myself, but I need help on where to tie it in ( I know it fakes the stock alarm to thinking a door is opened, but where does anyone have specific wiring info/diagrams??)

2.) OR Install a DEI alarm module that will interface with my factory alarm/key FOB so I don’t have to carry anything extra around, and also so I can add DEI sensors as necessary. This way I could add in a proximity sensor, and audio sensor, etc, so the car will warn anyone with a chirp if they get too close. How much harder would this be to wire??

For the DEI alarm brain does anyone have a good recommendation that readily avail/ and not too expensive?

Also, my major thing is can anyone provide wiring diagrams for the ISX50 concerning the stock alarm system and tie in points?? I know I could go on techdocs, but was thinking one of you could kindly help

Thanks everyone I know this is lot, but hopefully this will help other peeps out who haven't done this yet