IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2008 IS350 NAV-DVD-CD-Phone Override, Plug-n-Play Kit Installed...!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-10, 11:44 AM
eXstasy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Its tight back there... but it fits..

I actually pulled mine down to right behind and under the ashtray area..

There is a nice little empty hole right there.

Joe Z
Ah okay, great. Thanks for the reply. Now I'll have to find a location to put the VaisTech VML unit. Any recommendations? Have you installed one?
Old 03-11-10, 10:43 PM
xerxes717
Driver

Originally Posted by eXstasy
Ah okay, great. Thanks for the reply. Now I'll have to find a location to put the VaisTech VML unit. Any recommendations? Have you installed one?
I put mine under the shifter console, plenty of room in there.
Old 03-21-10, 09:27 PM
RXSwoosh
Rookie

Finally got mine installed today but haven't had a chance to test it out cause the air vents really gave me issues and it took me a very long time. I think that maybe that the 2010's may be just a little different because the clips that lock the vents in would just not stay clipped open. I finally had to use one screw driver to push the clip down and then another small one shoved up above the clip to keep it from closing. once I had all 4 clips with small screwdrivers keeping the clips open, I was able to pry out the vents.

Thanks to all previous posters with tips and instructions... I would have never been able to do it without the additional instructions and information found in this forum.
Old 03-31-10, 05:51 AM
Duke02
Driver

apologies if this has already been discussed, but is there a way to disable the auto-return feature on the nav over-ride? In other words, is it possible to change the settings so that when I hit the nav button on the override switch, it stays in override until I hit it again? The default is to disable the override after 5 mins.

I seem to remember there was an option to disable this when I installed it but I threw away the instructions and can't remember.

Thanks
Old 03-31-10, 05:54 AM
rukkus2IS
Lead Lap

I dont think there is an override for the 5 minute limit but if there is, I would like to know also.
Old 03-31-10, 08:00 AM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke02
apologies if this has already been discussed, but is there a way to disable the auto-return feature on the nav over-ride? In other words, is it possible to change the settings so that when I hit the nav button on the override switch, it stays in override until I hit it again? The default is to disable the override after 5 mins.

I seem to remember there was an option to disable this when I installed it but I threw away the instructions and can't remember.

Thanks
Here you go...

Here is the detail instruction of how to accomplish this (compare to your current (default) setting) with your existing module:

Auto Mode - Default setting
When the car is in motion, if you want to operate the navigation unit (or phone system / audio discs / HDD), press on the NAVI button once. It will light up in RED. From that point on, the override is in effect, and you should be able to operate the system (i.e. input destination address, select POI, operate phone book, select audio tracks, etc…)

From the time you press the NAVI button, you have up to 5 minutes to perform your desired operations. Please note that during this time, your navigation tracking system is effectively disabled, meaning your vehicle location will appear to be stationary on the screen. This is normal. After 5 minutes, the override will be released automatically (NAVI red light turns off). If within the 5 minutes period you finish your operation (ex. Input new destination address) and want the system to go back to normal, press the NAVI button once more. The red light will go off and the tracking system is enabled.

Manual Mode
The Manual Mode is designed to allow the user to override the navigation indefinitely. This feature can be manually turned off by pressing the NAVI button after the override feature is activated. The default setting of the module is the Auto Mode. In order to switch to Manual Mode, press and continue to hold the NAVI button while you turn on the ignition. After turning on the vehicle, continue holding the NAVI button for 7 seconds. There will NOT be any indicator light to confirm you are in the Manual Mode. Upon switching to the Manual Mode, the NAVI button will turn the navigation override feature ON/OFF without a 5 minutes limitation.
Old 03-31-10, 10:00 AM
rukkus2IS
Lead Lap

^ never knew this, great info. Thanks. To switch back to auto mode, would it be the same process?
Old 03-31-10, 04:25 PM
Duke02
Driver

Thanks Cali2is! Great info and you saved me a lot of aggravation trying to find it!
Old 03-31-10, 07:02 PM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rukkus2IS
^ never knew this, great info. Thanks. To switch back to auto mode, would it be the same process?
Yes, you can toggle between the "auto" and "manual" modes.
Old 04-03-10, 08:16 AM
unreeaal
Rookie

Does this item do the same exact thing as the two wire cutting mods?
Old 04-03-10, 08:39 AM
rukkus2IS
Lead Lap

^^ Yes, it does
Old 04-03-10, 09:52 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by unreeaal
Does this item do the same exact thing as the two wire cutting mods?
YES it does... BUT with out a warranty void if your nav screen or system ever goes out before the warranty is up....

The Plug & Play unit is easily reversible with no trace.

As soon as they see cut wires its an on the spot warranty void..

I know several people that had to shell out over $4000 to fix / replace there nav due to voided warranty from subsequent nav hack.

Joe Z
Old 05-25-10, 03:41 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are there any other solutions out there now? What about the Toms kit?
Old 05-25-10, 04:00 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

^^ I've been using mine for over 2.5 years.. Problem free !!!

Best solution on the market right now.

Edit: TV/Nav Override Kit by Data System / R-Spec of Japan

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 05-26-10 at 09:23 AM. Reason: added product name
Old 05-25-10, 06:43 PM
IS_350
Rookie

i installed mine last month along with a ml dvd player and it works great and no problems.

Quick Reply: 2008 IS350 NAV-DVD-CD-Phone Override, Plug-n-Play Kit Installed...!!