IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Toyo Proxes T1R users (do you guys have any tramlining?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 07:43 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
What's up Leroy? How the hell have ya been?

I am not lowered, just running everything in my sig.
Hey whatsup. I've been good, keeping busy with sales. If not lowered it could possibly be alignment. I'm sure it's not a tire issue.
Old 07-19-07, 08:03 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I had lowered my car with eibachs and stock wheels. I had the alignment done about a month after lowering it. I actually paid lexus 120.00 to do it and the mechanic said that the alignment was still within spec after the lowering, but he went ahead and adjusted it to closer of the middle of spec.

I am going to try to find an NTB that has the is350 specs in their machines next weekend (out of town this weekend) since they will do it for free if it's not out of alignment.

IRCRomeo - I'll keep you posted. Like I said here's what i have done so far. swapped front tires/checked psi to the T/ .... Next is check alignment (again), then if that doesn't work swap the back tires around and see if it pulls the other way.

I guess the one bad thing about real wide tires is they are more sensitive to tramling.
Old 07-20-07, 06:55 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by combfilter
Yeah I had lowered my car with eibachs and stock wheels. I had the alignment done about a month after lowering it. I actually paid lexus 120.00 to do it and the mechanic said that the alignment was still within spec after the lowering, but he went ahead and adjusted it to closer of the middle of spec.

I am going to try to find an NTB that has the is350 specs in their machines next weekend (out of town this weekend) since they will do it for free if it's not out of alignment.

IRCRomeo - I'll keep you posted. Like I said here's what i have done so far. swapped front tires/checked psi to the T/ .... Next is check alignment (again), then if that doesn't work swap the back tires around and see if it pulls the other way.

I guess the one bad thing about real wide tires is they are more sensitive to tramling.
Post the alignment results when you get them from NTB...
Old 07-20-07, 07:19 AM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Problems Here!..*
Old 07-28-07, 10:41 AM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys here's an update:

This morning I made it to ntb and talked to 3 of their techs there today. I cannot say enough how happy and nice those guys were at ntb. They worked on my car for 2hrs (and i didn't even buy any of the wheels or tires from them). They didn't charge me a dime.

Here's what they did to narrow down the problem.
1. The alignment guy drove my car and said 100% it's not the alignment.
2. i had already had the front tires swapped around before and it still pulled to the right. ntb said of course it would because they are directional tires and just because I swapped the right to the left side, the inside wall of the bad tire is still going to pull do the right. This makes sense
3. we turned the tires around (yes backwards against the tread pattern. this (if it was a bad tire) should make the car now pull the to the left. it did (though not as bad as it was pulling to the right).
4. now to determine which front tire it was, they put the left front back on normal and the right front still on backwards. The car pulls to the right again. this narrows it down to the front left tire.

they don't stock toyo's but are going to call around on monday and see if they can find me a toyo and then do a return on the defective tire.

Again, this was really cool of ntb to swap all the stuff forward and backwards for no charge. I bought the dudes that work on my car a 6pack each for their troubles.

I'll keep you posted on when i get my new front tire.

One more note. They did say that certain tires just dont work well on certain cars. They had mentioned this one set of Michelin's that all the bmw 3's were getting that were doing the same thing. when they switched over to continentals it all stopped. this theory is bunk for us and the t1r's because too many of you on here have said you have 0 problems.