IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help with IPOD cable

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-07, 01:43 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRIS250
Is this less of a headache than getting the IPOD integration on your vehicles? Vaistech, Dice etc ?? Same Quality ??
Same quality, way less of a hassle, only difference is you cant control the ipod with your steering wheel controls and you cant see the song titles and stuff on the nav screen.
Old 05-01-07, 01:45 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tmm0f5
Do you get any ground loop interference? I've heard of problems with the Belkin AutoKit causing a hum while both charging and using the line out.

I've ordered this, hopefully it will be here in a day or so.
I use the ram din line out adaptor, but I don't charge my iPod in the car. Therefore there is no hum or problems in that regard. For me there is no reason to charge it in the car as I use it while working out and while at home, so I just charge it with the Apple charger every few days, or when needed. I never can see the advantage of having more wires and adaptors in order to charge it in the car. The 80GB iPod will go for 15 to 20 hours on a charge, so it's no big deal for me to charge it inside the house as needed.
Old 05-01-07, 02:49 PM
tmm0f5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
I use the ram din line out adaptor, but I don't charge my iPod in the car. Therefore there is no hum or problems in that regard. For me there is no reason to charge it in the car as I use it while working out and while at home, so I just charge it with the Apple charger every few days, or when needed. I never can see the advantage of having more wires and adaptors in order to charge it in the car. The 80GB iPod will go for 15 to 20 hours on a charge, so it's no big deal for me to charge it inside the house as needed.
Yeah you're exactly right. I have the 80gig as well and continue to be impressed with its battery life. I come to work, run it all day, go to the gym use it there (even on video mode to play concerts when bored on the machines), use it to drive around and it still has half a battery at the end of the day.

I just already had a firewire charge cable from my original 1st gen 10gig ipod (bought it the day it came out, best purchase I ever made) and thought about using it if ever needed on the 80gig.

Thanks again,
Tim
Old 05-01-07, 06:00 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Why use cables when you can get this? Seriously, this is the best choice for ipod integration ...

Old 05-01-07, 06:49 PM
LexBKK
Driver School Candidate

Default What about other MP3

Have anyone ever connected other MP3 players? Iriver CLiX?
Old 05-01-07, 10:22 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

nope but im wondering the same thing. I have the samsung t9 and was wondering how bad the quality would be just connecting through aux
Old 05-01-07, 10:31 PM
tmm0f5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ldc
Why use cables when you can get this? Seriously, this is the best choice for ipod integration ...

I actually like my ipod hidden in the center console. The lexus has such a smooth looking interior that I didn't want to have my ipod hanging out.
Old 05-01-07, 10:35 PM
ldc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Think about how convenience it is just to insert and remove the ipod when it's docked right infront of you.

Unless you get full integration, like full control though your NAV screen or on the steering wheel, you can't beat the cig lighter thingie. It's so convenient.
Old 05-02-07, 07:43 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ldc

Idc, do you have any other pictures installed on your IS?
I'd like to see more pictures.

thx
Old 05-02-07, 09:32 PM
is_elf
Driver

Got mine at Best Buy.
Old 05-03-07, 08:07 AM
ClueByFour
Driver School Candidate

Ram-din + proclip mount for the center console, run the power and aux-in into the console. Relatively cheap and easy.
Old 05-03-07, 08:25 AM
ngogsr
Driver

walmart!!!!!
Old 05-03-07, 08:26 AM
ngogsr
Driver

Originally Posted by ldc

these suck, lots of static
Old 05-03-07, 12:49 PM
tmm0f5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ClueByFour
Ram-din + proclip mount for the center console, run the power and aux-in into the console. Relatively cheap and easy.
Could you post a pic of your setup? I got the Ram Din today and absolutely love it. Even when charging there is very little noise (ground loop interference).

I have the Belkin Cup Mount and it's okay, but not ideal. I'd love to see your setup. Did you do anything special to run the cables out side of the center console? I'd like to have all the cables hidden.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 05-03-07, 07:07 PM
ClueByFour
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tmm0f5
Could you post a pic of your setup? I got the Ram Din today and absolutely love it. Even when charging there is very little noise (ground loop interference).

I have the Belkin Cup Mount and it's okay, but not ideal. I'd love to see your setup. Did you do anything special to run the cables out side of the center console? I'd like to have all the cables hidden.

Thanks,
Tim
I'll post a pic when I'm back to the car (traveling by air at the moment), but I simply have the proclip mount to the right (passenger) side of the shift column, and the ram-din cables run back (visible) to the front of the console. Within the console (hidden), I have a radio shack 1-->2 90 degree power adapter, the firewire charger for the Ipod, the audio cable itself (really the PAC ground loop unit from crutchfield) and a generic USB charger for my other devices (notably the cell phone). It's not fancy, but it looks okay until the vaistech unit shows up....

Quick Reply: Help with IPOD cable