IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

No more wood with Luxury Package?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-07, 01:26 PM
is_wil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more wood with Luxury Package?

Hi all:

Looking at lexus.com, and the build your IS feature using a few different SoCal zip codes, whenever I select Luxury package, it only gives me metallic as the interior trim options. I tried doing just premium package and same deal, only metallic, no maple option...which is weird because I've been under the assumption that metallic is ONLY on Sport??

Add to that, I've visited a few dealers here in SoCal, and they're all saying it's been very rare, if at all, that they've seen a Luxury (LT?) package 2007 IS350...and, add to that my actual dealer where I bought my RX is getting push back from Lexus on the availability of Luxury package anytime soon (he's still waiting for a call back from the Lexus allocation guy)...

So, what gives? Anyone else seen 2007 Luxury package IS350's while visiting the dealers - or is everything X-Package or Premium only?

Here is my configured IS350 from Lexus.com:

STANDARD FEATURES

Performance Features

-3.5-liter V6, four cam, four valves per cylinder, with continuously Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) on intake and exhaust valves
-306 hp [1] @ 6,400, 277 lb-ft torque [1] @ 4,800 rpm
-Six-speed paddle-shift sequential automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i)
-Independent, double-wishbone front suspension with coil springs, gas-pressurized shock absorbers and hollow stabilizer bar
-Independent, multi-link rear suspension with coil springs, inverted mono-tube gas-pressurized shock absorbers and stabilizer bar
-Rear-wheel drive
-Electronic vehicle-speed-sensing, progressive power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering
-Four-wheel power-assisted disc brakes [2]
-17-in alloy wheels with 225/45VR17 all-season tires front, 245/45VR17 all-season tires rear [3]
-Estimated fuel consumption: 21/28 mpg city/highway [4]

Luxury Features
-Metallic-finish interior trim
-Leather-trimmed interior
-Leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift ****
-Steering-wheel-mounted cruise control, audio and display controls
-Tilt-and-telescopic steering column
-Lexus 13-speaker 194-watt [5] Premium Sound System with Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) and in-dash, single-feed, six-disc CD auto-changer
-MP3 audio input plug
-In-glass antenna with FM-diversity system
-10-way driver's and front passenger's (including lumbar) power seats
-Height-adjustable headrests for all seats, including rear-center
-Dual-zone automatic climate control with interior air filter, smog sensor and automatic recirculation mode
-Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with rotary dial adjustment, one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade
-Power windows with one-touch auto open/close feature
-Remote-linked window and moonroof opening
-Retained accessory power for windows and moonroof
-Electrochromic (auto-dimming) inside rearview mirror
-Power door locks
-SmartAccess with push-button start/stop
-Center console with sliding armrest, storage bin and accessory outlet
-Foldable front-door storage pockets
-HomeLink® universal transceiver to operate compatible garage, gate, home lighting and home security systems
-Illuminated entry system
-Electroluminescent instrumentation with startup sequence
-Interior electronic trunk-lid and fuel-filler-door releases
-Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS) [6] to personalize electronic functions
-Automatic on/off projector-beam headlamps with 30-second delay
-Dual chrome exhaust tips
-Trunk pass-through
-Carpeted floor mats

Safety and Security Features
-Driver's and front passenger's advanced airbag system (SRS) with front passenger's twin-chamber airbag [7]
-Front seat-mounted side airbags (SRS) [7]
-Front and rear side curtain airbags (SRS) [7]
-Driver's and front passenger's knee airbags (SRS) [7]
-Three-point seatbelts for all seating positions, pre-tensioners with force limiters for front and outboard rear seats
-Automatic Locking Retractor/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) seatbelts for all passenger seating positions. Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) only for driver's seat
-Height-adjustable front shoulder belt anchors
-Child Restraint Seat (CRS) tether anchor brackets for rear outboard seating positions
-Four-wheel power-assisted disc brakes [2]
-Four-sensor, four-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
-Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) [8]
-Traction Control (TRAC)
-Brake Assist [9]
-Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
-Lexus four-sensor Tire Pressure Monitor System [10]
-Highly rigid body structure with front and rear crumple zones
-Side-impact door beams
-Reinforcements in pillars
-Impact-dissipating upper interior trim
-Collapsible steering column
-Daytime running lights
-Integrated foglamps
-Water-repellent front-door glass
-Variable intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
-Rear-window defogger with auto-off timer
-Power-adjustable outside mirrors with puddle lamps
-Vehicle theft-deterrent and engine immobilizer system
-Tool kit
-First aid kit
Old 01-03-07, 01:33 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Lexus.com website is wrong. It has been doing that for a few weeks (since the redesign).

Getting lux package means you get wood trim.
Old 01-03-07, 01:52 PM
rollinboy
Rookie

Yeah, LUX = Wood. I just got an '07 SGM with Lux and has has the Maple trim. Didn't seem to rare either. This is FL though
Old 01-03-07, 01:56 PM
is_wil
Driver

Default Good to know!

I was hoping someone on here would shed some light - I searched but didn't find anything - glad that's the case.

It also omits the lighting door sills - unless illuminated entry covers that - or is that the puddle lights?

So, any idea on why the Luxury Package is so scarce? And it's next to impossible to find a Lux + Nav + Mark Levinson...so far it looks like special order only.
Old 01-03-07, 02:21 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by is_wil
I was hoping someone on here would shed some light - I searched but didn't find anything - glad that's the case.

It also omits the lighting door sills - unless illuminated entry covers that - or is that the puddle lights?

So, any idea on why the Luxury Package is so scarce? And it's next to impossible to find a Lux + Nav + Mark Levinson...so far it looks like special order only.
It's the opposite here on the east coast... There are tons of Lux packages... Sport + ML/NAV is extremely rare... Lexus's allocation and special order process is horrible...
Old 01-03-07, 02:50 PM
is_wil
Driver

Default Special Order...

I guess NE is where I should be then...yeah, I hope I have good experience with the order process. I just got off the phone with my dealer - I put my order in for a Lux + Nav + ML + Preferred Accessory Pkg. He'll have an ETA next week after it hits the books.

He said either it's something that is already built and can be allocated quickly, in which case a matter of days, maybe 3 weeks, or it's something that they'll have to specifically build, which may be 3 months.

If it was Sport I'd be worried it's the latter, but since it's Lux - hopefully it's just a couple of weeks...Lux and Sport seem to be VERY rare in SoCal...and worse, I'm looking for one with ML/Nav which makes it double-impossible. I missed the December to Remember deals because I couldn't find one.

Anyway, can't wait 'til I hook up my iPod to my ML!
Old 01-03-07, 11:25 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck im looking for sport, nav in so cal what you're looking for is rare too.
Old 01-04-07, 07:32 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

I think this is going to be my first and LAST lexus unless they change their ordering/allocation process and change their navigation/telephone/dvd/stereo/mp3 disabling/crippling...
Old 01-04-07, 08:52 AM
homer4598
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Technique
I think this is going to be my first and LAST lexus unless they change their ordering/allocation process and change their navigation/telephone/dvd/stereo/mp3 disabling/crippling...

Has anyone ever contacted Lexus to complain about these things? I wouldn't really expect an immediate answer from them, but maybe after a few hundred calls/letters on the same issues they'd at least consider it.
Old 01-04-07, 09:00 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by homer4598
Has anyone ever contacted Lexus to complain about these things? I wouldn't really expect an immediate answer from them, but maybe after a few hundred calls/letters on the same issues they'd at least consider it.
There are three things to do:

1) Lexus is supposed to send you a survey or something... Once they do, make sure and list your complaints

2) Call up Lexus Customer Care and tell them you are unhappy... They take note of every call and "take it seriously"... That being said, I doubt a few hundred or even thousand calls would change their ways...

What we really need are for the car magazines to start docking them points for all the saftey nannies, just like they did for NOT having a VDIM off switch in the 2006 IS... That's the reason Lexus added one in 2007!

So, that leads us to:

3) Call/email all the major car magazines and tell them you are unhappy with the Lexus navigation disabled features and encourage their writers to write about this in their upcoming articles... Car magazines rarely mention the nav system...
Old 01-04-07, 09:09 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Technique
There are three things to do:

1) Lexus is supposed to send you a survey or something... Once they do, make sure and list your complaints

2) Call up Lexus Customer Care and tell them you are unhappy... They take note of every call and "take it seriously"... That being said, I doubt a few hundred or even thousand calls would change their ways...

What we really need are for the car magazines to start docking them points for all the saftey nannies, just like they did for NOT having a VDIM off switch in the 2006 IS... That's the reason Lexus added one in 2007!

So, that leads us to:

3) Call/email all the major car magazines and tell them you are unhappy with the Lexus navigation disabled features and encourage their writers to write about this in their upcoming articles... Car magazines rarely mention the nav system...
you want some cheese with that whine. geez, if you have that many issues, you shouldn't have bought the car.
Old 01-04-07, 09:16 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TimboIS
you want some cheese with that whine. geez, if you have that many issues, you shouldn't have bought the car.
I wouldn't say that I have "that many issues"... Just the two I mentioned above... (Ordering Process and safety nannies)

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally happy with the car and love it!

BUT, that's only because hacks exist to remove the safety nannies and because I got lucky and found the exact car I wanted sitting on the lot... So it worked out for me with my IS350 and turned those 2 issues into non-issues...

But unless the same thing happens next time I buy a car (hacks are available and the car is available), it won't be a Lexus...