IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus in South Africa

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-06, 11:34 AM
Ngunezi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus in South Africa

Hi all My Clan Name is Ngunezi All the way From Kwazulu Natal in Pietermarizburg South.
Africa
Today has been the the Best day in my Life becuase of what Lexus South Africa had re-introduced the Lexus Brand in our Country which all Lexus Fans have being waiting for since the IS250 was lauch Global last year July.

and Since my I was offered to take the car for a Spin made things even more exiciting for me
now i can finally start deciding on colour of my first lexus which i hoping to purchase some time soon not sure of date though.

i have been a fan of the branded since the first generation iS200 or " in theStates" the IS300 but here in Africa lexus has always been over priced due to being an exlusive brand in our market.
Finally the Guys at Lexus Japan decided to Assist lexus South Africa to become more competitive with BMW ,Merc,Audi Still dominating the luxury car sales

Finally we hope that lexus SA becomes a force to be reckon with here i am sick of these German cars always in my face Welcome back Lexus into Africa we want in future to increase not only sales but the entire range as it is in States to Achieve to Global Brand Status lexus needs to also focus on the so called emerging Markets i.e. South Africa,Brazil,and Asian Countries China,India.

in My country we say " Lekker" which cool or Awasome something like that
in my lanuage its Ngiyabonga
Old 01-24-10, 04:37 PM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Post Is-f

January 24, 2010

Lexus is to import the awesome five-litre IS-F sports sedan with the latest 2010 specifications, including the world's fastest automatic eight-speed gearbox.

"We are thrilled to be able to offer the IS-F in South Africa with a comprehensive performance specification that includes a limited-slip differential, something we have been waiting to secure," says Kevin Flynn, GM of Lexus SA.

"We've been working extremely hard for some time to get this exhilarating car here and our efforts have paid off. The IS-F package will be as enticing as the rest of the IS range when it comes to value, with a significant amount of spec built into the car, and of course thrilling to drive F is the performance badge for Lexus - derived from the Fuji Speedway...."

F is the performance badge for Lexus and it is derived from the research and development conducted on the Fuji Speedway in Japan, a harsh proving ground to engineer the very best driving dynamics into any car.

Fuji is the spiritual birthplace of the IS-F and the creation of two enthusiastic engineers, Yaguchi-san and Sakamoto-san. Their personal enthusiasm for high performance had already led them to experiment with older IS300 vehicles, the result of their work earning the go-ahead for what had already become known internally as the 'F' project.

Subsequently, the F brand has seen the approval of production of the bespoke LFA, the ultimate performance Lexus and proof that the Japanese premium brand is not only about luxury, but performance engineering to the very highest degree ...the spiritual birthplace of the IS-F and the creation of two enthusiastic engineers.

The Lexus IS-F has a specially engineered five-litre V8 capable of 311kW and drives through what Lexus says is the world's most advanced eight-speed transmission whose shift speed is only beaten by a Formula 1 car.

The IS-F will sprint to 100km/h in 4.6sec and howl onto 270km/h.

Flynn added: "Our South African customers have been very patient but their wait was worth it because the IS-F we will deliver has all the upgrades recently announced for the 2010 car."

The IS-F is based on the IS250 sedan – already a sporty machine with excellent handling and luxury – but comes, Lexus says, with substantial changes.

The IS-F, like all Lexus units, is delivered with a four-year or 100 000km full-maintenance plan and manufacturer's warranty. It is available immediately through the Lexus dealer network for R776 900.
Old 09-28-11, 12:32 AM
Nox
Driver School Candidate

Hi all Lexus owners.

I have just bought a lexus IS250 Base 2007 model, used ofcourse. I have also bought a warranty for it. Please advise me on following.

1. Where can i take the car for service other than lexus dealers, coz i was advise that Bosch can also do service but i'm unsure yet?
2. Do anyone of you know how much the service plan cost if i want buy one and from who can i buy it and much service intervals cost.?
3. I also need to change the rims, anyone know where can i swop the one i have?
4. What can i expect with this car that may go wrong?
Old 09-28-11, 06:52 AM
dackp143
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nox
Hi all Lexus owners.

I have just bought a lexus IS250 Base 2007 model, used ofcourse. I have also bought a warranty for it. Please advise me on following.

1. Where can i take the car for service other than lexus dealers, coz i was advise that Bosch can also do service but i'm unsure yet?
2. Do anyone of you know how much the service plan cost if i want buy one and from who can i buy it and much service intervals cost.?
3. I also need to change the rims, anyone know where can i swop the one i have?
4. What can i expect with this car that may go wrong?
Are you in South Africa?
Old 09-28-11, 07:53 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im gonna guess yes
Old 10-03-11, 01:01 AM
Nox
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dackp143
Are you in South Africa?