Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Backup Camera

Old 06-19-07, 01:42 PM   #91
bill_und
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Unhappy

Today’s lesson:

Just because your connectors and receptacles look identical doesn’t mean the wires are the same.

Feel free to ridicule me at your leisure
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
bill_und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-07, 12:59 AM   #92
delayslot
Driver School Candidate

hey guys, brand new poster here. I have an 07 IS 350, non-ML with Nav. i've been reading endless threads and posts on how to hack the inputs to splice in a video feed (dvd player, ps2, etc.) it seems you need 3 things:

1. audio - aux input in center console
2. video - posted in several threads (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/251335-official-hijack-your-rear-camera-input-how-to-diy.html)
3. power - ??

for step 1, is there a way to wire the audio so that you still leave the aux input free for an ipod or other device?

for step 2, how do you actually connect these wires to an RCA plug (or something that you can hook up to a conventional dvd player)?

for step 3, how do you power the unit (dvd player, ps2, etc.)?

sorry for maybe asking some obvious questions, but i'd like to get all my info before i start choppin up my car. thanks!
delayslot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-07, 06:37 AM   #93
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayslot View Post
hey guys, brand new poster here. I have an 07 IS 350, non-ML with Nav. i've been reading endless threads and posts on how to hack the inputs to splice in a video feed (dvd player, ps2, etc.) it seems you need 3 things:

1. audio - aux input in center console
2. video - posted in several threads (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251335)
3. power - ??

for step 1, is there a way to wire the audio so that you still leave the aux input free for an ipod or other device?

for step 2, how do you actually connect these wires to an RCA plug (or something that you can hook up to a conventional dvd player)?

for step 3, how do you power the unit (dvd player, ps2, etc.)?

sorry for maybe asking some obvious questions, but i'd like to get all my info before i start choppin up my car. thanks!
Hey man im workin on mine at the moment.. trying to throw my xbox 360 in there.. what you gotta do is

on the J51 connector.. there is a red and white wire.. you gotta use those and connect them to one end of a spliced Yellow RCA cable.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251335

as for the power of the dvd player or ps2.. im going to be using a power inverter.. you can either plug it in your cigarrette lighter and then plug in the ps2 power cord to it.. or if you want a hidden job you can splice the wire's of the power inverter and connect them to the back of the ciggarette lighter where the wires are.. and hide the inverter somewhere behind the dashboard/glove box.. and run the wires for the ps2 so its all hidden.
Old 11-26-07, 05:43 PM   #94
Axvel
Driver

It Would Be Nice If You Can Make It Work From The Auxilery Button
Axvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-07, 07:00 PM   #95
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

theres alrdy a tread of someone doing this with the nav hack they just added another switch to turn it on and off...

aftermartket: 15% back windshield and 20% llumar star hybrid / aerotect red outs/ joe z intake/pts joez exhaust race version.
i3urton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 07:24 PM   #96
CCJ22
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (26)

There is so much win in here.
CCJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 05:16 PM   #97
szrae
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (7)

szrae szrae szrae

I know this is an old thread...but just wanted to make sure my wiring is right before I throw everything together. I bought a SPDT relay (pn# 275-0248) and a simple switch from radio shack. I have my proposed wiring diagram attached.

Click the image to open in full size.

The orange wire is only tapped and from the tap, connected to the switch. Then another wire going from the switch to the relay. I realize the diagram may not be clear about that part.
Old 04-30-13, 05:16 PM

Tags
back, backup, camera, cameras, control, enable, gx470, hack, hacking, is350, lexus, mod, override, reverse, rewire