IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Went to buy 250, talked myself into a 350

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-06, 06:54 PM
FastGirl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to buy 250, talked myself into a 350

Geez - by the time I am done with this I will need a second job to pay for the car!

All that said - I am thinking a 350 in Glacier with Black interior and a luxury package. No Nav or Stereo upgrade.

Want tint and XM - not sure if they have a version or will just offer me a Delphi unit.

That all being said - what is a fair price for this car? My dealer here in Austin only has 1 350 in Gold and no 250. Had to demo the shops loaner for the 250. So can I assume I will have to pay premium price. His scheduled deliveries next week are for Red and Black only.
Old 03-17-06, 06:57 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Welcome fastgirl. If you check the FAQ stickied at the top of this forum you'll find a link to a big pricing thread
Old 03-17-06, 07:00 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Well it all depends if he is selling his cars at msrp. If so you will pay the same because he knows he could sell it to the next individual that wanted one, supply and demand.
Old 03-17-06, 07:00 PM
casey225
Pole Position

For most of us, MSRP is what you'll pay. A few lucky ones have gotten as much as $3500 off, see the thread mentioned above.
Old 03-17-06, 07:02 PM
FastGirl
Driver School Candidate

Soory Dave , it's just so much fun to write about it all! I'll check the FAQ link.
Old 03-17-06, 07:18 PM
FastGirl
Driver School Candidate

Dave,
That thread is longer than War and Peace.
Old 03-17-06, 07:30 PM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by casey225
For most of us, MSRP is what you'll pay. A few lucky ones have gotten as much as $3500 off, see the thread mentioned above.
I got 2900 off MSRP. Call stevinson lexus of colorado, i bought mine over the phone, got it shipped and still saved over 2000 from my lexus dealer here in las vegas.
Old 03-17-06, 08:37 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wait for the Red or Black. You'll see a huge difference in style just with those colors compared to the Gold.

You should be able to sweet talk $1500-2000 off the MSRP. I would just ask for the sticker price, but include tax, title, and license.

Good luck with the search and bargaining!!! Make it a fun experience, and tell your salesman that you don't want to play the haggling game. It'll make it easier.
Old 03-17-06, 08:55 PM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FastGirl
Geez - by the time I am done with this I will need a second job to pay for the car!

All that said - I am thinking a 350 in Glacier with Black interior and a luxury package. No Nav or Stereo upgrade.

Want tint and XM - not sure if they have a version or will just offer me a Delphi unit.

That all being said - what is a fair price for this car? My dealer here in Austin only has 1 350 in Gold and no 250. Had to demo the shops loaner for the 250. So can I assume I will have to pay premium price. His scheduled deliveries next week are for Red and Black only.
I'd rather have a base 350 vs a fully loaded 250. My .02
Old 03-17-06, 11:15 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Wait for the Red or Black. You'll see a huge difference in style just with those colors compared to the Gold.

You should be able to sweet talk $1500-2000 off the MSRP. I would just ask for the sticker price, but include tax, title, and license.

Good luck with the search and bargaining!!! Make it a fun experience, and tell your salesman that you don't want to play the haggling game. It'll make it easier.
That was exactly my experience. My OTD price was just under MSRP.
Old 03-18-06, 01:00 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=FastGirl]All that said - I am thinking a 350 in Glacier with Black interior and a luxury package. No Nav or Stereo upgrade. [QUOTE]

I could be wrong but i think you have to get the Navi to get the luxury package. I even think here in cali you have to get the sterieo upgrade too before you can even get the luxury package. Might want to check into that cuz the price changes pretty good. I paid 47k out the door. I think it was like 1200 under msrp. For 350 ML, navi, luxury package.
Old 03-18-06, 06:53 AM
FastGirl
Driver School Candidate

If that is true it is a bit shameless on Lexus's part but then again I guess people don't have a problem with paying for it.

I don't need a NAV system - I know my way around Austin pretty well. I live in Texas so if I go anywhere else I fly!
Old 03-18-06, 07:16 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

You don't HAVE to get anything that doesn't come in a package. However, the allocations in your area might mean all the cars with the luxury pkg have nav, in which case you'd have to special order a car without it... i.e. 3-4 month wait.
Old 03-18-06, 10:09 AM
jasoncd
Pole Position

If it helps, I've only seen Red and Tungsten in Austin. Haven't seen any SGM's beside mine. There's a guy on the board with black, haven't seen it. I picked mine up 2 weeks ago, and there were several IS's on the lot, but I guess they sold through them already.
Old 03-18-06, 10:12 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
You don't HAVE to get anything that doesn't come in a package. However, the allocations in your area might mean all the cars with the luxury pkg have nav, in which case you'd have to special order a car without it... i.e. 3-4 month wait.
Well in my area you cant get a sports package without a NAVI. Heres the break down and no where on here says sports or luxury buy its self. What zip code you in and ill check?

Premium Package with Additional Option $2,010.00

Premium Package with Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Heated and ventilated front seats.
Additional Option:
- 18-in Alloy Wheels with Summer Tires

Premium Package with Additional Options $2,138.00

Premium Package with Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Heated and ventilated front seats.
Additional Options:
- Trunk mat
- Cargo net

Premium Package with Additional Options $2,204.00

Additional Options:
- Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with Additional Options $4,560.00

Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System includes Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth® technology, AM/FM radio and CD-changer with 13 speakers.
Additional Options:
- Premium Package

Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with Additional Options $4,754.00

Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System includes Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth® technology, AM/FM radio and CD-changer with 13 speakers.
Additional Options:
- Premium Package

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Premium Audio System Package with Additional Option $7,685.00

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Premium Audio System Package includes Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth® technology, Mark Levinson 14-speaker 300-watt Premium Surround Sound Audio System with 7.1 architecture and in-dash, single feed, six-disc CD/DVD auto-changer.
Additional Option:
- Sport Package

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Premium Audio System Package with Additional Options $7,813.00

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Premium Audio System Package includes Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth® technology, Mark Levinson 14-speaker 300-watt Premium Surround Sound Audio System with 7.1 architecture and in-dash, single feed, six-disc CD/DVD auto-changer.
Additional Options:
- Sport Package
- Trunk mat
- Cargo net

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Premium Audio System Package with Additional Options $7,879.00

Additional Options:
- Sport Package

Luxury Package with 18-in wheels with Additional Option $8,205.00

Luxury Package with 18-in wheels includes Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column, Lexus Memory System for power driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel, Heated and ventilated front seats, Illuminated doorsill scuff plates, Power rear-window sunshade, Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle, Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse, Bi-xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), and 18-in alloy wheels.
Additional Option:
- Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Premium Audio System Package

Luxury Package with 18-in wheels with Additional Options $8,399.00

Luxury Package with 18-in wheels includes Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column, Lexus Memory System for power driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel, Heated and ventilated front seats, Illuminated doorsill scuff plates, Power rear-window sunshade, Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle, Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse, Bi-xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), and 18-in alloy wheels.
Additional Options:
- Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Premium Audio System Package

Quick Reply: Went to buy 250, talked myself into a 350