IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Basslink Subwoofer installed + Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-06, 09:31 AM
Pittdawg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a little unclear when you install the basslink by tapping into the speaker level inputs from the stock sub, does that mean you are disconnecting the stock sub and now the basslink is your only sub or is there a way to have both subs hitting?
Old 06-15-06, 06:12 PM
Aclarke
Driver

bump... i am interested in hearing this as well.
Old 06-15-06, 09:41 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

my friend has this is his rsx.. i wasnt really impressed with the loudness of the bass. but for its price, you cant complain.
Old 06-15-06, 11:06 PM
stangd1909
Lead Lap

Man thats pretty cool.....I may look into getting one. Great thread!
Old 06-15-06, 11:39 PM
kloh7
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh nice, great thread. Cathy, when you get it installed, I need to take a look at it and hear the difference.
Old 06-16-06, 01:25 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kloh7
Oh nice, great thread. Cathy, when you get it installed, I need to take a look at it and hear the difference.
i already had it installed..and now it is unstalled and i have 2 10"ers in a box w/ an amp in
the basslink wasnt bad but it didnt hit hard enough for me
if anyones interested in the basslink shoot me a pm because its just sitting here

oh and K, u better show up saturday!!

Last edited by CaThaFeR; 06-16-06 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-15-06, 08:37 PM
Pittdawg
Driver

Originally Posted by Pittdawg
I'm a little unclear when you install the basslink by tapping into the speaker level inputs from the stock sub, does that mean you are disconnecting the stock sub and now the basslink is your only sub or is there a way to have both subs hitting?

I've asked this question a number of times and have never had a response, can anyone help me out and give me an answer?
Old 08-15-06, 09:07 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
i already had it installed..and now it is unstalled and i have 2 10"ers in a box w/ an amp in
the basslink wasnt bad but it didnt hit hard enough for me
if anyones interested in the basslink shoot me a pm because its just sitting here

oh and K, u better show up saturday!!
Are you still wanting to get rid of this? Is it the Basslink I or II?
Old 09-28-06, 04:24 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, those pics look amazing in the first post. It just fits so perfect... Almost makes me want to sell my 10" sub w/ mdf box for it.
Old 09-28-06, 06:34 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

I ran a basslink in my Accord for 4 years and loved it. I just got my IS and will be transferring it over from the Accord as soon as i get unlazy! :-)

I love the basslink becasue it's not a huge bass monster and compliments stock stereo systems well.
Old 09-28-06, 08:40 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Does the Basslink come with all necessary cables/wires or will I need to buy a amp install kit?
Power, ground, LOC, connectors, fuse, etc.
Old 09-28-06, 10:20 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shyguy16
Does the Basslink come with all necessary cables/wires or will I need to buy a amp install kit?
Power, ground, LOC, connectors, fuse, etc.
you need the "install kit." I got mine at home depot, much cheaper than the boutique "audiophile" stuff.
Old 09-29-06, 01:10 AM
okiaristo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pittdawg
I've asked this question a number of times and have never had a response, can anyone help me out and give me an answer?
if you cut the wires and connect them to the basslink then yes you lose the stock sub. if you tap into the wire but not cut it, you will have control/use of both but that is not a good set up. you will have two totaly different sub systems working and will cancel each other out at certain freq and reinforce each others at other freqs so you will have a very odd sounding system. if this is even valid with the timeframe of this thread. hope i helped
Old 09-29-06, 03:14 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

hmm, i finally finished installing the basslink. I have one small problem though. The LED power from the basslink stays on all the time. I tapped the REM wire to the red wire from the ML amp. Did I tap it to the wrong wire?
Old 09-29-06, 04:45 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

Originally Posted by okiaristo
if you cut the wires and connect them to the basslink then yes you lose the stock sub. if you tap into the wire but not cut it, you will have control/use of both but that is not a good set up. you will have two totaly different sub systems working and will cancel each other out at certain freq and reinforce each others at other freqs so you will have a very odd sounding system. if this is even valid with the timeframe of this thread. hope i helped
hmmm....this concerns me now....coz i didnt remove the stock sub...it's still connected....i was goin to disconnect it but i didnt know how to get access to the stock sub....i think i had to remove the rear deck but i had no idea how to do that....can anyone tell me how to remove the rear deck or if there is an easier way to get to the stock sub wires?

Quick Reply: Basslink Subwoofer installed + Pics.