IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Basslink Subwoofer installed + Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-06, 01:21 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Basslink Subwoofer installed + Pics.

Another best mod for the $. I bought the subwoofer for less than $200 shipped from ebay. I brought it to a professional audio shop to have it installed. After having to stay there and deal with those monkey, which have no idea how to start my car, I had to stand there to show them which wire they have to hook up . I decided to go home and install it myself exactly the way I wanted. It's the 10" woofer with built-in Amp so the installation was pretty easy. I took me more than 3 hours to install them ( i was taking my time and very careful not to mess up anything in the car). I was following Cmusic instructions :
Run the power wire on the convenient top located bolt on the positive side of the battery. Then punch the wire through the 4" rubber grommet behind the battery ( i had to remove the battery ). Then run the wire along the passenger door sills, the bottom rear seat.
On the remote wire, I use the red wire at the very end connector on the stock amp locate behind the trunk on the passenger side under the plastic peice at the right corner when you open the door.
This subwoofer has speaker level inputs so I didn't need the RCA converter. Just had to tap 2 of the wire from the speaker level inputs to the stock subs. They are Pink (+) and Sky Blue (-) .I had to remove the rear deck to get access to the stock subwoofer wire.
There's a remote sub level control that i mounted on the pic below.
Here are some finished pics:

I love this Sub Level Control remote:
Old 03-10-06, 01:25 PM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO you have the ML? I have heard the basslink in person, but how does it sound in the car with the stock stereo?
Old 03-10-06, 01:33 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Originally Posted by yellowssm
DO you have the ML? I have heard the basslink in person, but how does it sound in the car with the stock stereo?
I have the stock system. It sounds great if you just want to add a lil bass to the car. I think it sounds really good for the money. I just a some bass and also trunk space so this's the right one. Do a search on google on "basslink reviews" and its review was very good.
Old 03-10-06, 01:35 PM
lexus27
Pit Crew

great job tim817, I was also thinking of getting this and now I know how it'd look in the trunk. I have the stock stereo. Is it worth it? I think you will say YES.
Old 03-10-06, 01:39 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexus27
great job tim817, I was also thinking of getting this and now I know how it'd look in the trunk. I have the stock stereo. Is it worth it? I think you will say YES.
I always do a lot of research before getting anything for the car so Yes, it's worth it
Old 03-10-06, 01:48 PM
lexus27
Pit Crew

tim817,

Thanks for the reply. I certainly view your mods - from the HID to the red-out tail light. I'd say we almost have the same type of mods in out IS (maybe same taste for our IS). I just don't have 20" wheels, but the ISP mode will suffice for now.
Old 03-10-06, 01:50 PM
Phillip31
Pole Position

What were the wires that u tapped into on the amp?.....U just chose any wires near the end of the amp or did u chose the wires that connects to the stock sub? How did you know if they were positive or neg? Thanks
Old 03-10-06, 01:50 PM
silver250
Driver

NICE JOB tim817, is there any kind of distortion??
Old 03-10-06, 02:27 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Well Done Tim817

I really like the placement of the sub,, looks like that spot was made for it!

TripleL
Old 03-10-06, 02:44 PM
TurkEclisp
Rookie

I have the stock system too and would like more bass.. I dont know anything about insalling them. The speaker is actually in the trunk? Does it sound right inside the car? I would think the rear seats would block it?
Old 03-10-06, 03:40 PM
Vmdc
Driver School Candidate

Very nice and clean install!

Is there any rattle inside or outside of the car?
Old 03-10-06, 03:47 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tim817
Another best mod for the $. I bought the subwoofer for less than $200 shipped from ebay. I brought it to a professional audio shop to have it installed. After having to stay there and deal with those monkey, which have no idea how to start my car, I had to stand there to show them which wire they have to hook up . I decided to go home and install it myself exactly the way I wanted. It's the 10" woofer with built-in Amp so the installation was pretty easy. I took me more than 3 hours to install them ( i was taking my time and very careful not to mess up anything in the car). I was following Cmusic instructions :
Run the power wire on the convenient top located bolt on the positive side of the battery. Then punch the wire through the 4" rubber grommet behind the battery ( i had to remove the battery ). Then run the wire along the passenger door sills, the bottom rear seat.
On the remote wire, I use the red wire at the very end connector on the stock amp locate behind the trunk on the passenger side under the plastic peice at the right corner when you open the door.
This subwoofer has speaker level inputs so I didn't need the RCA converter. Just had to tap 2 of the wire from the speaker level inputs to the stock subs. They are Pink (+) and Sky Blue (-) .I had to remove the rear deck to get access to the stock subwoofer wire.
There's a remote sub level control that i mounted on the pic below.
awesome job tim! i swear..my car is going to be the black twin of yours...because i wanted to put a sub in and this one looks perfect for the IS..does it sound nice and clear?
oh and also the front lip looks great
Old 03-10-06, 04:03 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Phillip31
What were the wires that u tapped into on the amp?.....U just chose any wires near the end of the amp or did u chose the wires that connects to the stock sub? How did you know if they were positive or neg? Thanks
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=cmusic
Old 03-10-06, 04:06 PM
tim817
Intermediate

Actually for less than $200, you can't really ask for a lot of rumbling bass. It does make the license plate rattle but i fix it using double side tape:d
Old 03-10-06, 04:10 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

For the remote wire I thought the Basslink has "auto turn-on with speaker-level inputs"?

It looks like there are brackets at the bottom of the Basslink, were those included with teh Basslink? Or did you fabricate them yourself? Thanks! Looks great!

Quick Reply: Basslink Subwoofer installed + Pics.