IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

BMW owners are sure an angry lot

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 03:43 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMW owners are sure an angry lot

Man, I’m taking a lot of heat from 3 series owners on the net. They really got a beef with our IS350. Man, you try to respond to negative comments from 3 series owners and they immediately get bent out of shape. I take this as a complement, I think they really did get worried about the competition. I had one guy saying the IS350 handled like a tuna boat which I retorted that at least we didn’t have to fend off Accords and Altimas at the stop lights. Several of them even trolled over here and pulled out things from here that we are posting to use against me in arguments (yes I bet a few are reading this but at least time is posted on an IS forum). Its getting pretty nasty out there on more "general" car forums.

I love these guys though, every single one of them have tested an IS350 sport. Now, I pretty much know that the statistical chance of being able to test drive a 350 sport is almost impossible since most of us have waited months for one and picked them up the day they came in.

Some of them are laughing at the traction control and claim that pressing the brake 2 times and then the parking brake 2 times is an outrageously complicated maneuver to just turn off the traction control. I submit that if this is to complicated for a driver, then they shouldn’t be driving a car at 75% performance because they sure as hell wont learn heal to toe.

What to do! Anyone else getting the "bmw" treatment out there?

I suspect this is going to be one of them big battles that last a long time.

But then again, BMW is going to step up with that new 335 running like 320HP with a turbo. Lexus better roll out a manual next year, stiffen up the suspension on the sport model and make traction control more defeat able.

Man.. angry angry owners.
Old 02-08-06, 03:49 PM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Who cares? People are always going to defend what they like/own... leave them to it and enjoy what you've got. The 3 is a great car. Leave it at that and leave the bickering elsewhere, it serves little purpose.

I love these guys though, every single one of them have tested an IS350 sport. Now, I pretty much know that the statistical chance of being able to test drive a 350 sport is almost impossible since most of us have waited months for one and picked them up the day they came in.
Actually, there are sports on the lots. I test drove one.
Old 02-08-06, 03:57 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by y2ks2k
Man, I’m taking a lot of heat from 3 series owners on the net. They really got a beef with our IS350. Man, you try to respond to negative comments from 3 series owners and they immediately get bent out of shape. I take this as a complement, I think they really did get worried about the competition. I had one guy saying the IS350 handled like a tuna boat which I retorted that at least we didn’t have to fend off Accords and Altimas at the stop lights. Several of them even trolled over here and pulled out things from here that we are posting to use against me in arguments (yes I bet a few are reading this but at least time is posted on an IS forum). Its getting pretty nasty out there on more "general" car forums.

Some of them are laughing at the traction control and claim that pressing the brake 2 times and then the parking brake 2 times is an outrageously complicated maneuver to just turn off the traction control. I submit that if this is to complicated for a driver, then they shouldn’t be driving a car at 75% performance because they sure as hell wont learn heal to toe.

What to do! Anyone else getting the "bmw" treatment out there?

I suspect this is going to be one of them big battles that last a long time.

But then again, BMW is going to step up with that new 335 running like 320HP with a turbo. Lexus better roll out a manual next year, stiffen up the suspension on the sport model and make traction control more defeat able.

Man.. angry angry owners.
it's just human nature--G35 buyers went through the same treatment from 3 series owners. I would not be surprised when a new G35 comes out with higher perfomance than IS350, that some IS350 owners will blast it to bits to cover up buyer's remorse. There will always be something better out there with each successive model. It puts pressure on Lexus to improve the next IS. That's the beauty of competition. Without it, BMW would still be selling 325's at >45k.
Old 02-08-06, 04:01 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

BMW forums are extremely cannabalistic they heavily flame their own kind even at the most trivial things

infiniti G35 and IS350 shouldnt fight, they have one common enemy. I wonder how much the 335 turbo is going to cost if the 330 is this much right now. They are gonna feel heat when the manual comes out

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 02-08-06 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-08-06, 04:10 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry but the G35 sucks
Old 02-08-06, 04:42 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

Originally Posted by gshb
sorry but the G35 sucks
Ive not been a fan either but it did beat on the 330 in a lot of comparisons when it was released and the new model rolls out later this year.
Old 02-08-06, 04:51 PM
Penforhire
Rookie

He's getting heat on an S2000 forum. Some of it by me. But you should be proud of how adamantly he defends his IS. It may not always be rational but it is always energetic.
Old 02-08-06, 05:07 PM
LexFather

Closed,
Let me tell you, I used to be the defender of all things Lexus on maybe 4,000 forums on the internet.
Its not worth it. The negatives just outweigh any pros. What it made me realize is 95% of the people honestly have no clue what they are talking about.

As for BMW owners, well I can say all teh BMW forums I am on have been great. On top of that, I know many through meets and events and they are a great bunch.

Its not all members and we dont' want all people to think Lexus owners are one way b/c of their interaction with a select few.

Thanks for your efforts but they will be futile.

Your best bet is to try to post facts, scans, links etc and not get into debates where everyone is sprouting their unqualified opinion