IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Fun question: What sort of amenities does your service/dealer make available?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-06, 12:31 PM
vp911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun question: What sort of amenities does your service/dealer make available?

I am stealing this from an Acura forum and figured it would be interesting to see what the Lexus dealers offer.

What sort of refreshments, food and other amenities does your lexus dealer offer when you are waiting for service?

At the local Lexus dealer, first the loaner cars are great always near new! If I wait for service they have pop, bottled water, cookies, crackers, coffee, hot chocolate, etc. Comfortable leather seats and a plasma TV. All this comes with expensive service
Old 01-21-06, 01:19 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

about the same thing here, but not enough seats for everyone.
Old 01-21-06, 01:48 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can only speak for Lexus Of Seattle, but it's about the same. There is a "barista" which comes by every 30 minutes during most normal business hours to take espresso orders. (Hey, it's Seattle!) But they have the plasma TV (hooked up to DISH Network) with the remote out on the floor, foods, pop, bottled water, snacks, drinks, coffee, leather chairs, etc.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 01-21-06, 03:31 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Watertown has bagels and a toaster besides the usual stuff.

Northborough has the latest Starbuck coffee gizmo. It grinds the beans (reg or decaf) and fresh brews anything from a single cup to a carafe. They also have those Keurig single cup machines (that fail the green test as they use a ton of those K cups).

Norwood has free hand car washes (I believe 7 days a week).

I was in Atlanta recently and Nalley has a mini Starbucks set up in the service department.
Old 01-21-06, 03:39 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 275 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by vp911
What sort of refreshments, food and other amenities does your lexus dealer offer when you are waiting for service?
Copied straight from my dealer's latest SPAM:

· Your Lexus car or luxury utility vehicle will be ready at the time it was promised to you.

· Professional factory-trained technicians will perform all work on your Lexus. Ray Catena Lexus utilizes ASE Certified Staff Technicians and Lexus Master Certified Technicians. This means your car or SUV will be fixed right the first time.

· While you are receiving world-class service, you will pay competitive prices.

· Access to the largest fleet of Lexus loaner cars in the region for all qualified repairs.

· Complimentary car wash service.

· Gourmet catered food & beverages all the time.

· Business Center with Internet Access

· Virtual Golf Center

· 40,000 square foot state-of-the art service facility to assure you timely service.

· Starbucks® Coffee Service

· Complimentary Shuttle Service to local shopping
Old 01-21-06, 04:19 PM
berg7445
Rookie

JM Lexus in Margate Florida has a second floor that is devoted to their service lounge with a slew of leather sofas. There is a plasma TV, to internet stations plus I believe Wi-Fi. They have a bar with sodas, cofee, bagels, muffins, cookies. They also have an outdoor patio on the second floor for smokers. One cool thing is the area you can walk out on and see the cars being worked on. Definitely good service there.
Old 01-21-06, 05:18 PM
Kermee
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oui. Our service center area has one of those fancy-dancy coffee/tea/espresso machines too. Since this was my first Lexus, I finally got to experience some of the things why people like Lexus service:

#1. Free $199 MSRP, iPod Nano for a recall that only takes 30 minutes? Sheesh! And it wasn't even a "real" recall. Who cares if my accelerator gets jammed into the carpet!

#2. Free loaner cars. Didn't need to gas it up before returning it for the recall, but had to on warranty issues.

#3. Speaking of loaner cars, got a chance to "test drive" the RX330 and ES330's (had to bring my car in twice for rattling issues in the driver-side B-pillar). RX330 may end up being my next SUV now. I was actually QUITE impressed with how the RX330 handles. (I know the majority RX330 drivers up here in the Pacific Northwest are female, but dang, I like it.) And the ES330, while it's dead silent, doesn't even come close to handling the same way as my IS 250 AWD does. (I know, the ES330 isn't suppose to be sporty like the IS 250/350's) But the ES330 would be perfect for my parents.

#4. ... A car company which actually doesn't mind fixing rattling noises in a vehicle. (I'm sure there are others, but I'm just surprised since a bunch of my friends said their dealer would of just laughed at them).

Still happy so far!

Cheers,
Kermee
Old 01-21-06, 09:05 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My poor old small Lexus dealership up here has bottled water, a regular water fountain, a 27" color tv, and a couple of leather couches and some well worn magazines. That's it. Come to think of it, I've seen Chevy dealers with a more luxurious touch. Oh well!
Old 01-21-06, 09:57 PM
saske
Rookie

This may stray a bit off the intent of this topic, but I am moving to Phoenix and wanted to find the best dealership in the Phoenix area for service and a luxurious waiting area. If anyone here is from the Phoenix area, your input is appreciated!!!!
Old 01-21-06, 10:05 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

First off, what the hell is pop? I think you guys mean soda....

Second, our dealership was everything the first guy listed plus internet access (there are about 7 computers you can use)
Old 01-21-06, 10:10 PM
vp911
Intermediate

pop and soda are the same thing.
Old 01-21-06, 10:29 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vp911
pop and soda are the same thing.

I understand pop and soda are the same thing but who says pop? Its not 1950 anymore...

anyways, just breakin *****
Old 01-22-06, 12:00 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

soda = yankee

Pop = Southern

Them good ol' boys at the Winston Salem /Kernerville NC dealership , gave us freshly baked chocolate chip cookies each time we visited them, for the long drive home back to VA.. And we were just deciding if we were going to order a IS350.
Old 01-22-06, 12:08 PM
vp911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GreyHound

Them good ol' boys at the Winston Salem /Kernerville NC dealership , gave us freshly baked chocolate chip cookies each time we visited them, for the long drive home back to VA.. And we were just deciding if we were going to order a IS350.
Well no complaints with that kind of service!