Traction Control Disabled!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-05, 12:05 PM
Newlexluvr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control Disabled!!!!!!

Hey Guys,
This is my first post but I have read pretty much all of what you guys have written.

I would like to take a quick sec to thank the people that posted the nav override and the traction control threads.

The nav override is awesome and fully disengaging the traction control is ridiculous!!!

After reading how to do it, I got in my ride turned it off by pressing the break pedals. The first thing I noticed was that the steering seemed looser...I live in sacramento and i went out to an area that has some winding roads...

I was in manual mode in 2nd gear and I took the first corner sideways just as the car was at redline..HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS CAR IS SICK.....After that I realized that this isnt a joke, I took my baby home and parked her and got out..shaking. IU think I was doing close to 65 in the turn and the sign said 25.

If your gonna do it...please be safe. I did it one other time and made the car do 2 360's in less than 3 seconds.

Good luck and thanks for all the info
Old 12-06-05, 12:38 PM
4CYLNDR
Driver

Originally Posted by Newlexluvr
Hey Guys,
This is my first post but I have read pretty much all of what you guys have written.

I would like to take a quick sec to thank the people that posted the nav override and the traction control threads.

The nav override is awesome and fully disengaging the traction control is ridiculous!!!

After reading how to do it, I got in my ride turned it off by pressing the break pedals. The first thing I noticed was that the steering seemed looser...I live in sacramento and i went out to an area that has some winding roads...

I was in manual mode in 2nd gear and I took the first corner sideways just as the car was at redline..HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THIS CAR IS SICK.....After that I realized that this isnt a joke, I took my baby home and parked her and got out..shaking. IU think I was doing close to 65 in the turn and the sign said 25.

If your gonna do it...please be safe. I did it one other time and made the car do 2 360's in less than 3 seconds.

Good luck and thanks for all the info
yay for recklessness
Old 12-06-05, 01:25 PM
Newlexluvr
Driver School Candidate

I did shift while I was taking the turn and car jumped straight forward into 3rd and i felt like I was in a rocket coming out of that corner.

I know a lot of people who own a lexus IS300 but they baby their cars. This car is not getting babied...I broker her in nice and now she screams like a witch every where she goes.

BTW I have a black IS 350 with nav, the window are tinted limo all the way around and I had a light tint applied to the windshield...I go recommend that! It takes away all the glare from other cars when your driving at night and in the day..also protects your interior.

"Drive it like you stole it"!!!
Old 12-06-05, 01:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,310 Posts

Welcome formally to the forum Congrats on your new Lexus
Old 12-06-05, 04:06 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Thats awesome. There is nothing better then getting sideways into a turn. If you know how to control it..

At least you know how to drive it!!

Post some vids next time if you can!
Old 12-06-05, 04:10 PM
Penforhire
Rookie

If you want to get better at handling your car without the safety-nannies in place then try some SCCA Solo2 (auto-x). There is likely a group doing this near wherever you live. There is no safer environment to explore a car's limits than auto-x . The course are verified by safety stewards to allow enough room to obstacles where folks might get out of control. If you've never looped (spun) your car then you don't really know where the limits are...

I posted one auto-x vid (56K warning! A couple of MB size.) from inside my old S2000 at:
http://mysite.verizon.net/res7varp/s...-X_El_Toro.wmv
Save the file to your drive and run it from there (Verizon won't let me stream video).

Last edited by Penforhire; 12-06-05 at 04:14 PM. Reason: added vid link
Old 12-06-05, 06:29 PM
emissivity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet! Now I can head off to the East Oakland sideshows and pull donuts all night long!
Old 12-06-05, 09:56 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by emissivity
Sweet! Now I can head off to the East Oakland sideshows and pull donuts all night long!
LOL! Please don't! We don't want to see a fellow CL member on the news doing sideshows w/those guys in the Mustangs and the Impalas in East O. Enjoy and welcome to CL!
Old 12-06-05, 10:39 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder if Lexus fully intended on leaking the override info...or what impact they thought it would have.

Sorta makes me think of the Taste of Lexus signup online, and how it was swamped within a day or two.
Old 12-06-05, 10:53 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Newlexluvr
I did shift while I was taking the turn and car jumped straight forward into 3rd and i felt like I was in a rocket coming out of that corner.

I know a lot of people who own a lexus IS300 but they baby their cars. This car is not getting babied...I broker her in nice and now she screams like a witch every where she goes.

BTW I have a black IS 350 with nav, the window are tinted limo all the way around and I had a light tint applied to the windshield...I go recommend that! It takes away all the glare from other cars when your driving at night and in the day..also protects your interior.

"Drive it like you stole it"!!!
Man I wish front tint was legal in Indiana How long did you go on break-in period 1100 miles with no redlines?
Old 12-07-05, 12:13 AM
4CYLNDR
Driver

Originally Posted by Penforhire
If you want to get better at handling your car without the safety-nannies in place then try some SCCA Solo2 (auto-x). There is likely a group doing this near wherever you live. There is no safer environment to explore a car's limits than auto-x . The course are verified by safety stewards to allow enough room to obstacles where folks might get out of control. If you've never looped (spun) your car then you don't really know where the limits are...

I posted one auto-x vid (56K warning! A couple of MB size.) from inside my old S2000 at:
http://mysite.verizon.net/res7varp/s...-X_El_Toro.wmv
Save the file to your drive and run it from there (Verizon won't let me stream video).
+1

or take your car to a real race track, and learn how to take apexes, trail brake, throttle steer, and other things you really can't do around cones in a parking lot.

for starters take a look at

www.speedventures.com
www.redlinetrackevents.com
www.nasaproracing.com
www.speedtrialonline.com