Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Help!!! 2001 IS300 keeps shutting off.

Old 04-05-14, 07:55 PM   #1
Bbohnsack
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Help!!! 2001 IS300 keeps shutting off.

So here is a run down...first thing that happens is that is feels like the power steering is going out when I'm parking or pulling out of a parking spot. Then it will run for a little while, then all the dashboard lights (abs, oil, battery, etc) come on. Then the car starts to sputter, then sounds like it's going to stall.

I have checked the battery terminals, replaced the battery and the alternator. This has happened 3 times. We are able to charge the battery...it runs fine for a little while then starts all over again.
At this point I'm at a loss. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Bbohnsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 09:02 AM   #2
EZP
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbohnsack View Post
So here is a run down...first thing that happens is that is feels like the power steering is going out when I'm parking or pulling out of a parking spot. Then it will run for a little while, then all the dashboard lights (abs, oil, battery, etc) come on. Then the car starts to sputter, then sounds like it's going to stall.

I have checked the battery terminals, replaced the battery and the alternator. This has happened 3 times. We are able to charge the battery...it runs fine for a little while then starts all over again.
At this point I'm at a loss. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.
I would start with the basic. Check all grounds, make sure they are clean, check all fuses... Make sure to check the integrity of the wires going to and connecting to the alternator.
EZP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 09:02 AM

Tags
2001, forums, is300, lexus