Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tire balancing question ?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-13-10, 08:50 PM   #31
voleduy
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
voleduy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llllllllll View Post
That is great!
I don't want to jinx you but I had the same issue and it all seemed great for a couple days, then the problem became worse and worse like how it was before.

You said you got your tires rotated too, so does the vibration still feel in the front (vibration in the steering wheel) or is it vibrating in the rear now!?!!?
Actually its in the front. You can feel it clearly when you drive on highway and hit around 50-55mph, your car is kinda vibrations as well. Now is second day after i got alignment and I can only feel a little bit vibrations on my steering wheel. Hopefully it wont get worse as you mentioned. lol !!!! Dont you think tire pressure is a one of those reasons ??????
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
voleduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-10, 10:09 PM   #32
03LexIS300
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
03LexIS300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voleduy View Post
Actually its in the front. You can feel it clearly when you drive on highway and hit around 50-55mph, your car is kinda vibrations as well. Now is second day after i got alignment and I can only feel a little bit vibrations on my steering wheel. Hopefully it wont get worse as you mentioned. lol !!!! Dont you think tire pressure is a one of those reasons ??????
could be multiple things, if you ran the wrong pressure and it wore your tires funny could cause vibration, tires being out of balance can cause vibration, busted belts in the tires can cause vibration, also if you ran the wrong tire pressure and your tires are chopped up(when you run your hands over them they are choppy, usually on inner and outer edges of tires) all that can cause vibrations. if your car was out of alignment could also cause tires to wear funny or be chopped up.
__________________
Eibach 1.4" Sportline Springs - HKS Hi Power Exhaust/No Resonator - K&N Typhoon Intake - Ralco RZ Short Shifter - F&R Smoked Side Marker Lights - Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear - Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors/Front - SS Braided Brake Lines - 15% Tinted Glass All The Way Around - OBX Header And Y-Pipe - Dual Output o2 Simulator - Painted Black Grille With Altezza Emblem - Vision Short 3" Carbon Fiber Antenna
03LexIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-10, 10:47 PM   #33
voleduy
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
voleduy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LexIS300 View Post
could be multiple things, if you ran the wrong pressure and it wore your tires funny could cause vibration, tires being out of balance can cause vibration, busted belts in the tires can cause vibration, also if you ran the wrong tire pressure and your tires are chopped up(when you run your hands over them they are choppy, usually on inner and outer edges of tires) all that can cause vibrations. if your car was out of alignment could also cause tires to wear funny or be chopped up.
Agree! too many things cause that happen.. headache now !!
__________________
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
voleduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-10, 11:04 PM   #34
03LexIS300
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
03LexIS300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voleduy View Post
Agree! too many things cause that happen.. headache now !!
haha so true. you will get it figured out though
__________________
Eibach 1.4" Sportline Springs - HKS Hi Power Exhaust/No Resonator - K&N Typhoon Intake - Ralco RZ Short Shifter - F&R Smoked Side Marker Lights - Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear - Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors/Front - SS Braided Brake Lines - 15% Tinted Glass All The Way Around - OBX Header And Y-Pipe - Dual Output o2 Simulator - Painted Black Grille With Altezza Emblem - Vision Short 3" Carbon Fiber Antenna
03LexIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-10, 08:19 AM   #35
llllllllll
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
llllllllll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: philly
Posts: 1,925
Default

Yeah it is such a friggin headache....

I do remember that I use to put more air in the tires so the vibration was less
But the ride was more bumpy because too much air..
__________________


02 Vertex Aristo RHD + 98 Toyota Supra RHD
98 Mazda RX7 TT TypeR RHD
99 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
llllllllll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-10, 08:21 AM   #36
llllllllll
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
llllllllll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: philly
Posts: 1,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LexIS300 View Post
tires are chopped up(when you run your hands over them they are choppy, usually on inner and outer edges of tires) all that can cause vibrations.

Hehe yeah that is my problem with my front left tire now.
Choppy tires are more noticeable and easy to find though

__________________


02 Vertex Aristo RHD + 98 Toyota Supra RHD
98 Mazda RX7 TT TypeR RHD
99 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
llllllllll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-10, 10:11 AM   #37
voleduy
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
voleduy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llllllllll View Post
Hehe yeah that is my problem with my front left tire now.
Choppy tires are more noticeable and easy to find though

I like ur rear bumper man, it looks cool to me. You should have something in front as well, might be a lip or something.
__________________
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
voleduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-10, 01:25 PM   #38
llllllllll
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
llllllllll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: philly
Posts: 1,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voleduy View Post
I like ur rear bumper man, it looks cool to me. You should have something in front as well, might be a lip or something.
Thanks!!

Yeah I am having a hard time getting the front bumper I want since it's discontinued.
I got a replica but it's not what I wanted so I am going to re-sell and keep looking..

__________________


02 Vertex Aristo RHD + 98 Toyota Supra RHD
98 Mazda RX7 TT TypeR RHD
99 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R
llllllllll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-10, 02:58 PM   #39
voleduy
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
voleduy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llllllllll View Post
Thanks!!

Yeah I am having a hard time getting the front bumper I want since it's discontinued.
I got a replica but it's not what I wanted so I am going to re-sell and keep looking..

Ok ! Good luck on searching man.
__________________
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
voleduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 11:18 PM   #40
ais300c
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: fl
Posts: 398
Default

my car does the same thing or did until I indexed the tire. ( dismounting the tire and turning it 180 degrees on the rim). There is a high spot in one of the tires it may not be much but even the slightest out of roundness can cause it. and by the way alignment has nothing to do with vibration for all of you who said that not to be offensive or anything but yeah dont waste your money on an alignment when you have a vibration (ASE certified mechanic). but really try and index the tire or tires depending on which one it is.
ais300c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-10, 09:48 AM   #41
03LexIS300
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
03LexIS300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais300c View Post
my car does the same thing or did until I indexed the tire. ( dismounting the tire and turning it 180 degrees on the rim). There is a high spot in one of the tires it may not be much but even the slightest out of roundness can cause it. and by the way alignment has nothing to do with vibration for all of you who said that not to be offensive or anything but yeah dont waste your money on an alignment when you have a vibration (ASE certified mechanic). but really try and index the tire or tires depending on which one it is.
that isn't necissarily true, if you have a car where the alignment is off, then it is going to start wearing tires funny, then lead to the vibration problem. so i wouldn't really consider it wasting your money. alignment is good for many things, to make you tires wear even and last longer, also so you dont wear suspension parts out faster.
__________________
Eibach 1.4" Sportline Springs - HKS Hi Power Exhaust/No Resonator - K&N Typhoon Intake - Ralco RZ Short Shifter - F&R Smoked Side Marker Lights - Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear - Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors/Front - SS Braided Brake Lines - 15% Tinted Glass All The Way Around - OBX Header And Y-Pipe - Dual Output o2 Simulator - Painted Black Grille With Altezza Emblem - Vision Short 3" Carbon Fiber Antenna
03LexIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-10, 10:03 PM   #42
voleduy
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
voleduy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LexIS300 View Post
that isn't necissarily true, if you have a car where the alignment is off, then it is going to start wearing tires funny, then lead to the vibration problem. so i wouldn't really consider it wasting your money. alignment is good for many things, to make you tires wear even and last longer, also so you dont wear suspension parts out faster.
+++++
__________________
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
voleduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-10, 10:44 PM   #43
Lexy602
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Lexy602's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Posts: 248
Default

I FINALLY found out the solution to My Problem (going 45-55mph car shakes like CRAZY!!) Their was a freaking Bubble ( A tire gets it shape from layers of fabric and adhesive that comprise the body of the tire) in my tire the whole time -.-" and tires were only 3 months old. I went back to the tire shop i got bought them from. They replaced both front tire for FREE!! LOL. Now i just need to fix the shaking when i hit breaks
__________________

Good Girls Gone Bad, The City is Filled With Them!
Lexy602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-10, 12:15 AM   #44
djMaru
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
djMaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: D/FW TEXAS
Posts: 674
Send a message via AIM to djMaru
Default

so is this common issue with few is300?
__________________
Project 94 sc300 March 2014 still going on project
djMaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-10, 05:29 AM   #45
voleduy
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
voleduy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy602 View Post
I FINALLY found out the solution to My Problem (going 45-55mph car shakes like CRAZY!!) Their was a freaking Bubble ( A tire gets it shape from layers of fabric and adhesive that comprise the body of the tire) in my tire the whole time -.-" and tires were only 3 months old. I went back to the tire shop i got bought them from. They replaced both front tire for FREE!! LOL. Now i just need to fix the shaking when i hit breaks
Good to hear that, bro !!! Now, ur car's shaking when you hit brake... that would be a brake pad or rotors need to be replaced !!
__________________
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
voleduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-10, 05:29 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply


Tags
alignment, balance, balancing, certified, choppy, driveshaft, fixing, high, is250, lexus, pressure, simulator, tire, tires, vibration

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info