Tire balancing question ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-10, 07:50 PM
voleduy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by llllllllll
That is great!
I don't want to jinx you but I had the same issue and it all seemed great for a couple days, then the problem became worse and worse like how it was before.

You said you got your tires rotated too, so does the vibration still feel in the front (vibration in the steering wheel) or is it vibrating in the rear now!?!!?
Actually its in the front. You can feel it clearly when you drive on highway and hit around 50-55mph, your car is kinda vibrations as well. Now is second day after i got alignment and I can only feel a little bit vibrations on my steering wheel. Hopefully it wont get worse as you mentioned. lol !!!! Dont you think tire pressure is a one of those reasons ??????
Old 09-13-10, 09:09 PM
03LexIS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by voleduy
Actually its in the front. You can feel it clearly when you drive on highway and hit around 50-55mph, your car is kinda vibrations as well. Now is second day after i got alignment and I can only feel a little bit vibrations on my steering wheel. Hopefully it wont get worse as you mentioned. lol !!!! Dont you think tire pressure is a one of those reasons ??????
could be multiple things, if you ran the wrong pressure and it wore your tires funny could cause vibration, tires being out of balance can cause vibration, busted belts in the tires can cause vibration, also if you ran the wrong tire pressure and your tires are chopped up(when you run your hands over them they are choppy, usually on inner and outer edges of tires) all that can cause vibrations. if your car was out of alignment could also cause tires to wear funny or be chopped up.
Old 09-13-10, 09:47 PM
voleduy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 03LexIS300
could be multiple things, if you ran the wrong pressure and it wore your tires funny could cause vibration, tires being out of balance can cause vibration, busted belts in the tires can cause vibration, also if you ran the wrong tire pressure and your tires are chopped up(when you run your hands over them they are choppy, usually on inner and outer edges of tires) all that can cause vibrations. if your car was out of alignment could also cause tires to wear funny or be chopped up.
Agree! too many things cause that happen.. headache now !!
Old 09-13-10, 10:04 PM
03LexIS300
Lead Lap

Agree! too many things cause that happen.. headache now !!
haha so true. you will get it figured out though
Old 09-14-10, 07:19 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Yeah it is such a friggin headache....

I do remember that I use to put more air in the tires so the vibration was less
But the ride was more bumpy because too much air..
Old 09-14-10, 07:21 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

tires are chopped up(when you run your hands over them they are choppy, usually on inner and outer edges of tires) all that can cause vibrations.

Hehe yeah that is my problem with my front left tire now.
Choppy tires are more noticeable and easy to find though

Old 09-14-10, 09:11 AM
voleduy
Pole Position

Hehe yeah that is my problem with my front left tire now.
Choppy tires are more noticeable and easy to find though

I like ur rear bumper man, it looks cool to me. You should have something in front as well, might be a lip or something.
Old 09-14-10, 12:25 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

I like ur rear bumper man, it looks cool to me. You should have something in front as well, might be a lip or something.
Thanks!!

Yeah I am having a hard time getting the front bumper I want since it's discontinued.
I got a replica but it's not what I wanted so I am going to re-sell and keep looking..

Old 09-14-10, 01:58 PM
voleduy
Pole Position

Thanks!!

Yeah I am having a hard time getting the front bumper I want since it's discontinued.
I got a replica but it's not what I wanted so I am going to re-sell and keep looking..

Ok ! Good luck on searching man.
Old 09-28-10, 10:18 PM
ais300c
Pole Position

my car does the same thing or did until I indexed the tire. ( dismounting the tire and turning it 180 degrees on the rim). There is a high spot in one of the tires it may not be much but even the slightest out of roundness can cause it. and by the way alignment has nothing to do with vibration for all of you who said that not to be offensive or anything but yeah dont waste your money on an alignment when you have a vibration (ASE certified mechanic). but really try and index the tire or tires depending on which one it is.
Old 09-29-10, 08:48 AM
03LexIS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ais300c
my car does the same thing or did until I indexed the tire. ( dismounting the tire and turning it 180 degrees on the rim). There is a high spot in one of the tires it may not be much but even the slightest out of roundness can cause it. and by the way alignment has nothing to do with vibration for all of you who said that not to be offensive or anything but yeah dont waste your money on an alignment when you have a vibration (ASE certified mechanic). but really try and index the tire or tires depending on which one it is.
that isn't necissarily true, if you have a car where the alignment is off, then it is going to start wearing tires funny, then lead to the vibration problem. so i wouldn't really consider it wasting your money. alignment is good for many things, to make you tires wear even and last longer, also so you dont wear suspension parts out faster.
Old 09-29-10, 09:03 PM
voleduy
Pole Position

that isn't necissarily true, if you have a car where the alignment is off, then it is going to start wearing tires funny, then lead to the vibration problem. so i wouldn't really consider it wasting your money. alignment is good for many things, to make you tires wear even and last longer, also so you dont wear suspension parts out faster.
+++++
Old 09-29-10, 09:44 PM
Lexy602
Pole Position

I FINALLY found out the solution to My Problem (going 45-55mph car shakes like CRAZY!!) Their was a freaking Bubble ( A tire gets it shape from layers of fabric and adhesive that comprise the body of the tire) in my tire the whole time -.-" and tires were only 3 months old. I went back to the tire shop i got bought them from. They replaced both front tire for FREE!! LOL. Now i just need to fix the shaking when i hit breaks
Old 09-29-10, 11:15 PM
djMaru
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so is this common issue with few is300?
Old 09-30-10, 04:29 AM
voleduy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexy602
I FINALLY found out the solution to My Problem (going 45-55mph car shakes like CRAZY!!) Their was a freaking Bubble ( A tire gets it shape from layers of fabric and adhesive that comprise the body of the tire) in my tire the whole time -.-" and tires were only 3 months old. I went back to the tire shop i got bought them from. They replaced both front tire for FREE!! LOL. Now i just need to fix the shaking when i hit breaks
Good to hear that, bro !!! Now, ur car's shaking when you hit brake... that would be a brake pad or rotors need to be replaced !!

Quick Reply: Tire balancing question ?