IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Detailed/Cleaned the IS300 today

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-10, 09:21 AM
ISash300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03LexIS300
yea tan sucks, especially if your like me and are an auto mechanic. there is no way i could keep tan clean lol. my brothers wife's 01 is300 came white with tan suede/leather interior, and my brother converted all the interior over to full leather black interior, looks much nicer now.

I want to convert my seats..

I have a 9 month old daughter and this is my daily driver and she tends to be messy lmao....

so tan is no bueno with a kid lol
Old 09-22-10, 10:40 AM
03LexIS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by baadhabit
good deal. car looks clean.

by "wires" i assume you mean spark plug wires. there are none for the IS.
thanks man, there are 3 wires for the IS since it has the COP design with 3 coil packs and one wire going off of each coil pack that powers another plug
Old 09-22-10, 10:49 AM
03LexIS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISash300
I want to convert my seats..

I have a 9 month old daughter and this is my daily driver and she tends to be messy lmao....

so tan is no bueno with a kid lol
haha yes that is for sure when you have kids, tan is a big no no. im not sure right off how much it would cost to convert it all, but all you would need is the black front and rear seats, black seatbelts, black front and rear door panels, black carpet and floor mats. also i believe the headliner in yours is tan, and in an IS with black interior it is gray, but the color difference is hardly noticeable and you wouldn't absolutely have to change the headliner and a=pillars and etc. you might need a center console though depending on the color of yours. the dash is two-tone in most 01 IS300's with tan interior vs. with black interior they are all black, but you wouldn't really have to change that either, it's all on your personal preference.
Old 09-22-10, 10:58 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks man, there are 3 wires for the IS since it has the COP design with 3 coil packs and one wire going off of each coil pack that powers another plug
i know what you mean. but i dont think they ever get changed unless one goes bad.
Old 09-22-10, 11:09 AM
03LexIS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by baadhabit
i know what you mean. but i dont think they ever get changed unless one goes bad.
yeah your right, it isn't really necessary to change them, little can really go wrong with them. I'm not 100% sure I am going to change mine yet, just depends on how much they are. I'm getting prices and ordering all the stuff this evening.
Old 09-22-10, 02:18 PM
ISash300
Driver School Candidate

haha yes that is for sure when you have kids, tan is a big no no. im not sure right off how much it would cost to convert it all, but all you would need is the black front and rear seats, black seatbelts, black front and rear door panels, black carpet and floor mats. also i believe the headliner in yours is tan, and in an IS with black interior it is gray, but the color difference is hardly noticeable and you wouldn't absolutely have to change the headliner and a=pillars and etc. you might need a center console though depending on the color of yours. the dash is two-tone in most 01 IS300's with tan interior vs. with black interior they are all black, but you wouldn't really have to change that either, it's all on your personal preference.
Do all the IS seats have suede on them... My boyfriend told me all the stock seats have suede even the black??

If i convert any of it .. I will more than likely want to convert it all .. or have some off set colors that dont stick out too bad from the black... and Yeah ill would def need the seats, headliner, black seat belts and door panels, black carpet and i have all weather lexus black floor matts...pretty much all that is tan... but my dash is all black and my center console is actually all black too.. so that shouldnt be a problem.. but

Converting the seats is something I def need to look into ... my daughters gana be getting more messier with age lol ...
Old 09-22-10, 08:56 PM
03LexIS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISash300
Do all the IS seats have suede on them... My boyfriend told me all the stock seats have suede even the black??

If i convert any of it .. I will more than likely want to convert it all .. or have some off set colors that dont stick out too bad from the black... and Yeah ill would def need the seats, headliner, black seat belts and door panels, black carpet and i have all weather lexus black floor matts...pretty much all that is tan... but my dash is all black and my center console is actually all black too.. so that shouldnt be a problem.. but

Converting the seats is something I def need to look into ... my daughters gana be getting more messier with age lol ...
haha know what you mean there. to answer your question you can get black leather seats with suede in them or black full leather seats. My IS has black with suede and I like them, but I believe 04 and 05 have full leather factory, and I believe full leather was an option on 02-03, but stock they came suede with leather. Ive never seen an 01 with full leather so idk about them. Also the only difference in the door panels is where yours have suede there would be full leather there.