Need HELP Selling Wrecked/Salvaged 2001 IS 300

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-09, 12:53 PM
omnixboi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need HELP Selling Wrecked/Salvaged 2001 IS 300

Hi,

I live in orange county, CA and recently got into an accident. The car is not drivable for the time being. I want to sell the car as is without repairing.

Are there any websites or forums where I can post my car for sale other than this website? I am trying to get as many options as possible to sell this car. Any recommendations to where I can post my car or any places I can call to sell my car to? Thanks so much for ANY HELP. I appreciate it greatly.

Regards,
Andrew
Old 12-15-09, 07:36 PM
Fisher
Driver School Candidate

Yo,
Strange coincidence because I work for an insurance company in Phoenix Arizona and I work in the Salvage Dept. Anyways there are several different ways you can go, you could call local wrecking yards just by pulling them up in the phone book and giving them a call. I would say this is not your best option. Usually when a small wrecking yard like this gets a call offering a wrecked car they will obviously dish out a lowball offer to make the most money possible. Again not in your favor

Your best choice, in my opinion, would be to use a corporate salvage yard. My company uses Coparts in California which I would highly recommend. They will actually auction off your vehicle and bids come live or through the internet. This will be the best way to get what your car is really worth and I believe their fee is reasonable. My company is under contract with Coparts and we are just charged a flat fee so I can't say for sure how much they will charge someone off the street.

What exactly is the extent of the damage? If you can give me the VIN, actual cash value of the car, and the total damage estimate I can run a salvage quote through Coparts website @ work and give you a rough idea of what you could get back.

The actual cash value or ACV of the car should have been provided to you by the insurance company. If, of course you did get some sort of settlement from your/the other drivers insurance company.

Sorry to hear about your loss man, good luck.

FYI a link to Coparts website
http://www.copart.com/c2/home.html
Old 12-16-09, 08:28 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Post it on craigslist and ebay, people look at both all the time for deals and projects
Old 12-20-09, 12:57 AM
Big Pookie
Pole Position

Originally Posted by omnixboi
Hi,

I live in orange county, CA and recently got into an accident. The car is not drivable for the time being. I want to sell the car as is without repairing.

Are there any websites or forums where I can post my car for sale other than this website? I am trying to get as many options as possible to sell this car. Any recommendations to where I can post my car or any places I can call to sell my car to? Thanks so much for ANY HELP. I appreciate it greatly.

Regards,
Andrew
I might be interested in purchasing the car!
Do you have any pictures of it?
Old 12-29-09, 08:40 AM
cricket056
Driver

I'd try and sell individual pieces and scrap what I cant sell. It's a lot of work but so many of us are looking for random pieces to clean ours up a bit that you may do well on the option. I know many guys do this on my.is/
Old 12-30-09, 08:45 PM
Lazy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics? Price? Part it out u can probably make more
Old 12-31-09, 12:54 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

this thread is missing something...
where are the pics?
Old 01-08-10, 10:48 AM
Tommy K
Driver

Craigslist FTW you can part it out or sell it as a whole, I would part it out and then sell the shell for scrap. Only if you have the reasources and time to take it appart if not then just slang the whole thing.
Old 01-08-10, 05:14 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,855 Likes on 2,338 Posts

This topic is covered and the OP isn't in a position to part out his car on Club Lexus. Answers have been provided, and rather than wait for this thread to ride off the rails, I'm going to close it now.

Thanks to all with useful information!