IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

How well does Lexus allow upside down from trade?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-04, 01:21 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How well does Lexus allow upside down from trade?

I am considering trading in my 9 month old G35 Sedan 6mt for a IS300 or GS400-430. I am sick of the service bs and have never been treated so bad. I have a seriously bad syncro in my 6th gear, and the dealer is giving me hell to replace the tranny. Making up excuses, etc.

I owe 35k still on it, its worth might be around 27k or so.

I will consider a used GS430-400 or a new IS300.

Any advice would be great guys. Located in SA, TX
Old 10-11-04, 06:05 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default upside down

Obviously there is no way you're getting a good deal on trade. Best bet would be private sale. Still won't get $35K but you'll be closer to what you want.

I didn't know G35's were having tranny problems. I am considering getting one. If it were me, I'd drop the car off and say don't give it back until it's fixed.
Old 10-11-04, 07:05 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: upside down

Originally posted by reggiek
Obviously there is no way you're getting a good deal on trade. Best bet would be private sale. Still won't get $35K but you'll be closer to what you want.

I didn't know G35's were having tranny problems. I am considering getting one. If it were me, I'd drop the car off and say don't give it back until it's fixed.
Kinda where I am at right now. But the dealer is still not helping me out. So my next step is to drive 100 miles to the next nearest one, try them, if that fails, the car is gone.

Actually I only owe 34,100 on the G35. Just checked. So I am not seriously upside down, but stil am.

Last edited by KrazyLexus; 10-12-04 at 05:09 AM.
Old 10-11-04, 07:15 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Re: How well does Lexus allow upside down from trade?

Originally posted by G35_TX
I am considering trading in my 9 month old G35 Sedan 6mt for a IS300 or GS400-430. I am sick of the service bs and have never been treated so bad. I have a seriously bad syncro in my 6th gear, and the dealer is giving me hell to replace the tranny. Making up excuses, etc.

I owe 35k still on it, its worth might be around 27k or so.

I will consider a used GS430-400 or a new IS300.

Any advice would be great guys. Located in SA, TX
Has an Infiniti zone manager looked at this car or driven it to verify that the synchros are bad? He /she has the authority to tell the dealer to give you anything from new synchros to a new transmission to a completely new car. You also have other options......arbitration, TX lemon laws, civil court, even getting local TV stations to help out. Here in the D.C. area the local TV news stations have consumer help lines and they sometimes air the problems people have with companies, agencies, etc... When these stories are aired.....those companies move fast !
Infiniti, though, is a company that, like Lexus and Saturn, is noted for customer service. If you're not getting satisfactory attention at the dealer level, and you can prove that you did not abuse the car by warranty standards,(drag-racing, autocrossing, etc...), and maintained it properly, the chances are that the company at least at higher level will make things right for you, if not at the dealer level.
If they don't.....as I mentioned, you have many options.
If you just don't want this car any more...well, of course, that is a different matter....and we can go from there......with many other options. That's one of the things we're here for at CL....to help you and give advice.
Good luck...let us know what you want and how it turns out.
Old 10-11-04, 09:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

yeah selling the car privately is definitley your best bet. trading it in will save you al ot of hassle, but you also "pay" for it
Old 10-12-04, 02:57 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Driving around with a "for sale" sign is still the best way to advertise.