IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Is it worth putting a Supercharger on 04' is300???

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-04, 09:17 AM
teton
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I want a blower. They just seem so complicated!! If there was a simple TRD kit I'd have gotten it already. Dang.
Old 08-30-04, 11:14 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scottc25's looks mighty nice...and very STOCK looking..

Last edited by tsopranoMB; 08-30-04 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-30-04, 10:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by tsopranoMB
having seen and ridden personally in a Toyomoto Supercharged IS300....it definatly adds more of a punch with header/downpipe/aftermarket exhaust....you'd be surprised what power that blower makes on the N/A 2JZ....
no doubt, with a turbo, change the downpipe and header and you get massive power!!
Old 08-30-04, 11:30 PM
ISChic
Rookie

Originally posted by rominl
no doubt, with a turbo, change the downpipe and header and you get massive power!!
Tsoprano has no idea what this 'massive power' you speak of is. I'm not sure if he even knows what color his car is anymore

Just playin' Marc!

To stay on topic, I might be a bit biased but think it is definitely worth it to put FI on at any point. I had mine ordered within 3 months of owning the car and I have no regrets at all. If you're gonna get wet, ya might as well go swimming...
Old 08-31-04, 10:08 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by ISChic
Tsoprano has no idea what this 'massive power' you speak of is. I'm not sure if he even knows what color his car is anymore

Just playin' Marc!

To stay on topic, I might be a bit biased but think it is definitely worth it to put FI on at any point. I had mine ordered within 3 months of owning the car and I have no regrets at all. If you're gonna get wet, ya might as well go swimming...
Damn you Sarah!

my car is BLUE...yay, I remember!

I'm very envious of all you toyomoto F/I gearheads.....the wait is killing me....
Old 08-31-04, 03:57 PM
ISChic
Rookie

Damn you Sarah!

my car is BLUE...yay, I remember!

I'm very envious of all you toyomoto F/I gearheads.....the wait is killing me....

Hehe! Sorry, I had to... it's been too long since I gave you a hard time about it

Isn't it about done? I thought you were just waiting on the sprag?

I really wish you'd hurry up... the sooner you get your sprag, the sooner I get mine
Old 08-31-04, 04:23 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by ISChic
Hehe! Sorry, I had to... it's been too long since I gave you a hard time about it

Isn't it about done? I thought you were just waiting on the sprag?

I really wish you'd hurry up... the sooner you get your sprag, the sooner I get mine
unfortunatly, I dont know anything at the momment....nobody seems to give me any straight answers lately...I am completely in the dark as to whats been done, what needs to be done, or how much longer...and its a very frustrating experiance for me currently....

getting in touch with Lance seems as hard as to talk with the President of the United States...
Old 08-31-04, 05:14 PM
ISChic
Rookie

unfortunatly, I dont know anything at the momment....nobody seems to give me any straight answers lately...I am completely in the dark as to whats been done, what needs to be done, or how much longer...and its a very frustrating experiance for me currently....

getting in touch with Lance seems as hard as to talk with the President of the United States...
Dang, that's not good at all.

Hopefully you'll get the answers you need soon. I know the waiting game licks

Keep me updated!
Old 08-31-04, 09:34 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally posted by teton
I want a blower. They just seem so complicated!! If there was a simple TRD kit I'd have gotten it already. Dang.
TRD branded kit's are far from perfect. You're probably better off going with a more proven kit from Turbo East, Toyomoto, PLP and etc.
Old 09-29-04, 09:49 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nitrous is a simple and cheap way for quick power. i'm currently running a 100 shot in to my motor...you can wave good by to a g35 on the freeway with this setup heres a few picture of my sleeper setup...if anyone needs help with install pm i installed everything my self

Last edited by alwayzspeedin; 04-05-10 at 01:55 AM.
Old 09-29-04, 09:50 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

picture of my trunk with bag closed

Last edited by alwayzspeedin; 04-05-10 at 01:55 AM.
Old 09-30-04, 09:06 AM
teton
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Juice!

Nice!!!

Can you give me a rundown of what engine mods are needed to support nitrus? Is it just a fuel pump bypass?

Also how much extra power does nitrus give you? Is this something that is measurable? I am just curious when folks talk about blowers you can dyno it, measure the boost, etc. but when it comes to juice no one ever questions how much extra power you actually get. If I get a PHP blower, would that make the car faster or slower than a similar car on juice going through the 1/4?

-Teton
Old 09-30-04, 09:37 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Default Re: Juice!

Originally posted by teton
Nice!!!

Can you give me a rundown of what engine mods are needed to support nitrus? Is it just a fuel pump bypass?

Also how much extra power does nitrus give you? Is this something that is measurable? I am just curious when folks talk about blowers you can dyno it, measure the boost, etc. but when it comes to juice no one ever questions how much extra power you actually get. If I get a PHP blower, would that make the car faster or slower than a similar car on juice going through the 1/4?

-Teton
You can always dyno a car to measure it's power output regardless of whether the car is stock, turbo/supercharged, w/ nitrous, etc.

It's not an apples to apples comparison between nitrous and F/I. Nitrous is only used for short spurts, so you could say your car is faster or quicker during that time, but a supercharger is always on and it's power output increases as the RPMs increase. However, I would say that it's possible that your car would be faster with nitrous in the 1/4 mile.