IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

This is rather annoying......(street challenges)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-15, 08:45 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

No flaming here, I would have done the same exact thing! There is so much traffic any more you almost look forward to a dead highway in the middle of the night. Did he stay with you till 160? Or did he fall back
Old 04-11-15, 10:38 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,078 Likes on 2,471 Posts

Guys and gals,

We had to close the street racing forum for liability reasons. This thread is turning into a street kills thread, and unfortunately, will have to be closed if the stories continue. Let's either stick to the topic of unwelcome challenges or the thread will be locked. Sorry for spoiling the fun, but it's the way we have to be.

lance
Old 04-13-15, 05:29 AM
fearnight
Driver

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I find the opposite to be true. I feel like I blend in extremely well now, considering I used to daily a yellow AP2 S2000. Every person with a heavy foot within sight used to want to see what the little S2000 could do, now I just blend in like any other Lexus on the road. I like it this way better.

Not to say I haven't had a few challenges ... C63 AMG, Mustang, etc. People "into" cars will be the only ones to recognize what the IS-F really is. To the remaining 98+% of the public, it's just another black Lexus on the road.
Old 04-13-15, 08:54 AM
kirk200
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I only rarely get anyone acting up around me. Every once in awhile I use the power to get somewhere I want to go ahead of someone else, but it's not like we're revving at each other.

Driving the Supra isn't the same at all. All kinds of boneheads want to race. I don't bother. Most aren't even worth the gas.
I agree with L here... my Supra brings out more idiotic "race with me now" drivers than the IS F does... must be all the F&F movies (and the IS F is much more of a sleeper look).

Speaking of which, I though there was supposed to be a member's IS F in the background somewhere in Furious 7 - if it was in there, I missed it... it was a good movie, with a very respectful ending honoring Paul Walker.

Regards,
- Kirk
Old 04-13-15, 11:46 AM
pharnhyte
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm selling one of my Supra's to buy a IS-F, and from this, you gets get way less attention which suits me fine. In any supra, and given day, I'll get some type of interaction with people at least five times an hour, whether it be comments, revs, pictures etc. I'm going older, I want to be under the radar a bit more while still having a peppy car.
Old 04-13-15, 12:12 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by kirk200
I agree with L here... my Supra brings out more idiotic "race with me now" drivers than the IS F does... must be all the F&F movies (and the IS F is much more of a sleeper look).

Speaking of which, I though there was supposed to be a member's IS F in the background somewhere in Furious 7 - if it was in there, I missed it... it was a good movie, with a very respectful ending honoring Paul Walker.

Regards,
- Kirk
Kirk,

ISFpat's car was in there
My car was just a prop and it was in the background of the race wars scene.. unfortunately the only fame time is on HBO First look of the movie:
Old 04-13-15, 02:05 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 235 Likes on 85 Posts

I'm in NorCal too and I daily the F so I get a little bit of everything. Other car enthusiast or exotic car owners who don't even bother glancing over, and/or other guys/girls who break their necks just looking at the car. I even had a guy pull out his camera and started filming out of his sunroof.

The honda guys tend to leave me alone, unless its an S2k. Its more of the EVO, STI, BMW, Porsche, Mustang, Camaro guys who are usually revving or pacing me on the freeway. I usually just give them a nod and keep driving. Half of them are total douche bags, the other half I think just really appreciates seeing the F
Old 04-13-15, 02:18 PM
krue92
Driver

Originally Posted by pharnhyte
I'm selling one of my Supra's to buy a IS-F, and from this, you gets get way less attention which suits me fine. In any supra, and given day, I'll get some type of interaction with people at least five times an hour, whether it be comments, revs, pictures etc. I'm going older, I want to be under the radar a bit more while still having a peppy car.
Why do you have 3 Supra's? ha I love them myself and had a 94 TT 6-speed BPU I probably should of kept Ideally I would have the IS-F and a Supra like you.
Old 04-13-15, 03:15 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have one funny incident. The guy was driving a Honda Accord coupe v6 with a nice looking girlfriend on the passenger side. He saw my IS350 and started tailgating me. I move to another lane for him to pass. He followed and continue tailgating me. I moved again to another lane, he followed again. At this time I knew he was into something. He then moved to another lane. I slowed down and hear what he was about to say. I thought my car has some problem or something.

He rolled down his windows and said "let's race". As soon as he finished, I just accelerated my IS350 from 25 MPH to 45 MPH to easily pass him. Thank to the crazy aggressive 1st and 2nd gear on the IS350. Finally, I roll down the windows and said "bring it to the track and see you in Willows Springs!" . Then the guy went crazy "f u, and f your slow overpriced Toyota." I smile back at him and said "peace and bring it to the track." He was angry and start yelling and all that while his girlfriend was calming him down. I just roll up my windows and continue my way.

Beside that silly incident, I got a lot of positive compliments from people for both my IS250 and IS350 especially on how nice and shinny my cars look. I received compliments from all kinds of places: In & Out, gas station, parking lot... I am always happy to hear them and that is why I get obsessed with car detailing and make my car shinny everyday

Last edited by FSportIS; 04-13-15 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-13-15, 07:31 PM
kirk200
Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Kirk,

ISFpat's car was in there

Hey Dave thanks for the screen grab... I guess that explains why I didn't see the IS F in the movie. That would have been extra cool.

Kirk
Old 04-14-15, 07:45 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...-in-your-gt-r/

I found this a very entertaining read. Read the whole thing on train rides into work over a few days.
Old 05-31-15, 06:39 AM
Toomah1985
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like reading all these stories, its funny what kind of attention ISF gets and how a lot of wannabe car people know nothing about it... Ive known everything about ISF since it came out , i lived back home in Europe that time and was driving GS460 .... The owner of the dealership was my friend so i got to drive ISF for couple of days and i loved it, just never got a chance to own one , until i got my chance now and its fun, the car gets all kinds of compliments and it gets challenged by about anything from civics to dodge viper , but the best was my day at the track, where i llined up with Infinity Q50s with lots of Stillen stickers on it �� and beat the guy about 5 times ( running ****ty 13.1-13.4) after the last time he finally gets out of his car, comes up to me and says , so what do u have in it ? Twin turbo, supercharger? ������ i have full Stillen package exhaust, headers, intake and tune and i have 405HP , thats about hundred more than u and u still beat me, so what do u have in it? I laughed and told him that nothing, that maybe he will beat me next time , so we went and thats when i ran 13.1 , witch ticked him of , so he got out one more time and wanted to see what i have under the hood , so i opened up and he says ahhhh engine swap i see ������ , so i told him, that this is how the car came from factory and that he is still some horses short even with the 405, where he says , yeah my car weighs about 4300pounds , so i told him no it doesnt , we googled it and his is even few pounds lighter, so that day he learned , that there is such a thing called ISF , that even when running ****ty times is still faster than his Stillen Infinity, witch btw sounded pretty cool , ill give him that and the car looked nice ....
Old 05-31-15, 11:55 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I wish I would get a little street challenge. Adding an exhaust will make sure nobody think its a weak *** F sport.
Old 05-31-15, 08:25 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm actually quite happy no one pulls up on me. I'm too old and have too much responsibility (twin boys due in October) to stumble on the 5-0 trying to show a kid how to drive. A [from what I can only assume] slightly intoxicated 550i owner tried to show me his *** the other night and nearly rolled his car showing off while I poked along at 1am. Glad I didn't bite, he probably would have killed himself being an idiot.
Old 06-01-15, 06:49 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I wish I would get a little street challenge. Adding an exhaust will make sure nobody think its a weak *** F sport.
That's right. Now you have an F-sport with an exhaust!

Quick Reply: This is rather annoying......(street challenges)