IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

This is rather annoying......(street challenges)

Old 04-08-15, 07:44 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
Exclamation This is rather annoying......(street challenges)

This happened to me so frequently that i have to post it up. Since the day i bought my ISF, i've been getting lots of attention.

Here is the positive side: I recieved comments from gas stations on how rare and awesome my ISF is.

Now the negative: As i am stopped on a red light, i get some Honda and Acura fan guys revving their engines next to me. I'm like, Your kidding me right? I don't like street racing so i nod my head left and right...a no suggestion. On green, they peel out and take off.

Its happened so much in my area and now i am very annoyed. It is tempting but i already know the outcome and i don't want to get my hands dirty. Most of the drivers in those type of cars looked young....fresh from highschool maybe? Do you guys get these types of annoyance? I would love to hear from you guys.

And one more negative: (happened to twice since ownership) With my windows down on both occasions:

First car was a bmw 330i. He comments, " Nice F sport. Your bodykit looks better then the other F sport I've seen." Really? An F sport? This comment made me chuckle and my wife was a little confuse on the comment.

Second car was a Acura RSX. He says, "You wanna hit it?"....i shake my head in a no motion. Then he exclaimed, "All lexus are slow but for the supercar they made..... i beat all F sport lexus and its a joke that my 4 cyclinder can beat your car." I then asked him, "Then why bother racing me?" He said, "Your f sport looks different from the rest. I wanted to race one modded like yours." Ofcourse on green, he peeled out and took off.

Any experiences from you current ISF owners? Im in norcal, 916 area.
Old 04-08-15, 07:51 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Haters gotta hate....check the racing forum and read plenty of this..
Old 04-08-15, 08:00 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Nobody tries racing me.

One time a guy in an LS1 camaro and a guy in a modded Foxbody Mustang were revving up at a light...I took off with them and was pulling them like nothing....they both slowed down and went WTF?!

They didn't know Lexus even made the car...
Old 04-08-15, 08:11 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First situation I would look at more as entertainment than annoying. They're only making themselves look like idiots. Nobody with any sense is going to look down on you for your response.

The other two I'd just roll my windows up and move along. What can you say to respond and is it even worth it?

It probably has a lot to do with where I live vs California, but I get very little attention, positive or negative, which is really fine by me.
Old 04-08-15, 08:15 AM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I love completely disappointing Honda/ricer kids by smashing on their life savings..
Old 04-08-15, 08:19 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

The F is a pretty rare sighting practically anywhere except SoCal. Most of the time I just get looks, and sometimes a motion to roll down my window so someone can ask me about the car. It's nice to have a car that wasn't widely sold and is now discontinued, because most people still don't know much about it.

As for the invitations to race, I haven't seen much of that at all. I've had a few people peel off when the light hit green on me (oh, I didn't know we were supposed to be racing), but I've only had one person really just try to get me to race him by pulling up and dropping back, pulling up and dropping back on the highway. He was driving a modded (but not boosted) 350Z. I gave him just enough to let him know he had no chance.

I actually like the sleeper aspect of the car where most of the time you can go around unnoticed, but every now and again someone stares your car down because they have some vague idea of what it is.
Old 04-08-15, 08:28 AM
KSLAM
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Yup. A lot of prookie think we have normal isx50 so when we show off a bit, it gives them a wow factor.

But we can't all say ricers are Honda owners. American cars are equally as retarded as import owners. Engine revving, unnecessary speeding, **** talking. You'll run into them no matter where you go.
Old 04-08-15, 08:45 AM
TomLexISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Typical immature ricer fashion.. That entry level tuner car crowd carries that stigma and makes the car scene look somewhat bad with the **** they pull..
Old 04-08-15, 09:43 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Race or not to race or just be very happy because u driving the F.
Old 04-08-15, 10:20 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was surprised no one wanted to mess with me when I had mine..

The aggressive looking ISS Forged exhaust and wide tires made people hesitate on lining up with me lol
Old 04-08-15, 10:35 AM
krue92
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hardly ever have anybody mess with me, but now the new fast and furious came out. That usually brings out the ricers....ha
Old 04-08-15, 10:46 AM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
The F is a pretty rare sighting practically anywhere except SoCal.
I think you would be surprised also how rare the ISF is even in SoCal. ISX50s are everywhere, but I do try and keep an eye out for ISFs. I drive up and down San Diego daily, and I have only seen 2 ISFs on the road since the beginning of this year. Everyone has low miles on their Fs(even the ones I see for sale)...so I really don't think people drive them at all.

I'm used to people pulling up on me revving at a light or doing the pull hard and slow down to line up on the freeway. Most people know your a no-go when you give them the look or shake your head no. But I rarely do get dirty looks, as it seems most people I encounter know the difference between an ISF and F-Sport. I guess I was already used to it after driving a Supra daily for 10 years. LOL
Old 04-08-15, 10:47 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Once I got my exhaust put on nobody messed with me anymore. I think once they realize its not an F Sport and the V8 sounds are not normal they just leave me alone.
Old 04-08-15, 11:17 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

since i live super close to the toyota and lexus headquarters in torrance and since my daily commute has me drive by there, my F isn't really a rare oddity. i probably see an F 3 to 4 times a week. modded ones, one's driven by older gentlemen and women, etc.

having said that, even in other neighborhoods, no one's ever egged me on to race on the streets. i've had randoms try and overtake me and get pissed bc i wouldn't let them cut me off, i.e. some tool in a evo who ended up giving me a thumbs after the result LOL, and some dood in a modded rsx on the freeway who just couldn't get past me. but these events are rare.
Old 04-08-15, 11:27 AM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't doubt that it happened to all of us and ISF is pretty rare in SoCal too. I normally would give them a short run if they want to know how fast this Fsport is.... I do it to educate the general public, not to endorse street racing!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This is rather annoying......(street challenges)