IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dallas Texas dealership service recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-15, 03:01 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Dallas Texas dealership service recommendations?

I know this probably belongs in the regional forum, but I wanted some recommendations from fellow ISF owners.

I just purchased an 08 ISF and it has two open recalls, the cooling fan screws and the ELF recall. Nearly all of its service was done at Park Place Lexus in Plano, I'm leaning towards them because they have history with this car. My family has bought a couple used cars from Sewell Lexus in Dallas, my parents know one of the salesmen. However they haven't really done any service to those vehicles other than oil changes.

I definitely want to have the cooling fan recall done. I think I may wait on the ELF recall until hopefully the dealerships have done more of that particular recall. I do not smell any gas driving, under the hood, or in the garage.

Thanks
Old 03-13-15, 10:06 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 93MSB
I know this probably belongs in the regional forum, but I wanted some recommendations from fellow ISF owners.

I just purchased an 08 ISF and it has two open recalls, the cooling fan screws and the ELF recall. Nearly all of its service was done at Park Place Lexus in Plano, I'm leaning towards them because they have history with this car. My family has bought a couple used cars from Sewell Lexus in Dallas, my parents know one of the salesmen. However they haven't really done any service to those vehicles other than oil changes.

I definitely want to have the cooling fan recall done. I think I may wait on the ELF recall until hopefully the dealerships have done more of that particular recall. I do not smell any gas driving, under the hood, or in the garage.

Thanks
I visited Park Place during a business trip to the DFW area in February. A couple of my colleagues have recently acquired Lexus vehicles and we're looking for a quality service facility (these guys are not gear heads and are not the most mechanically inclined). I had some time to kill before my flight so I spoke with a Service Writer, a Master Tech; and a very knowledgable parts guy.

The place was going through some major renovation but was still super sanitary. There were a couple of F's there for service (one with icicles hanging from the rear bumper) and a bunch of happy 'waiter' customers in the lounge. Everyone seemed to be happy with the service there.
Old 03-13-15, 10:08 PM
FMYLIFE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you may have visited Park Place Grapevine because Park Place Plano is brand new and the facility is amazing.
Old 03-13-15, 10:17 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FMYLIFE
Sounds like you may have visited Park Place Grapevine because Park Place Plano is brand new and the facility is amazing.
That is correct, near DFW. I missed that, sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-13-15, 10:20 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sewell or Park Place Plano are kind of the go-to dealers depending on what part of town you're in.
Old 03-13-15, 11:48 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts

So has Park Place Plano been there for a while, and now they have a new facility? The Lexus service records show my car was sold at Park Place Grapevine and after 6/08 it was always serviced at Park Place Plano.

Originally Posted by Matador
Sewell or Park Place Plano are kind of the go-to dealers depending on what part of town you're in.
You are referring to Sewell in Dallas correct? I know there is one in Ft. Worth too.

I would be coming from Waco so Sewell Dallas would be closest for me. Austin would actually be the shortest drive, but I have a feeling there are more ISF's running around the Dallas area.

Last edited by 93MSB; 03-14-15 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-14-15, 01:42 AM
FMYLIFE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Park Place Plano has been around for a while but they relocated from George Bush/Preston to DNT/Spring Creek within the last year.

The new facility is enormous and their service area is immaculate. Some of the ClubLexus DFW members are techs there.

I don't have a go to dealer just yet, as I'm back and forth between Sewell Dallas and Park Place Plano. Due to a bad experience at Sewell Dallas, my trust for dealers runs quite low but I'll go to either of these dealers as needed.