IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

WOT+TRC ON= decreased HP? WOT+TRC OFF=416BHP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-15, 01:07 PM
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
side note... how Terrible does that M4 sound!
i know right, the sound really made me lose interest in those cars. they sound like a riced out civic circa 1995.
Old 01-05-15, 01:41 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Sport mode is there for you to use, no worries there. It all comes down to your driving habits. The engine is detuned and built in a dummy proof way for lack of better words. I mean come on, this car not only let's you visually see when to change gears but it also chimes a beep sound when to do so as well. It can't get easier than that. Now the wear and tear that's gonna come to play is the fact that you're gonna be pushing the car harder. That's when you gotta start factoring in the way you brake your car, more gas consumption, more wear on tires, faster oil change intervals, etc. Yes, I believe it's made to be driven hard it was factory tuned to the T, in making it as safe proof to the driver and giving them an exilirating driving experience. Even when redlining it, you'll have no choice but to change gears and when you do it always takes you to that sweet spot to continue accelerating. So enjoy the almighty F!
Originally Posted by Ltaboso
I'm also worried about the wear and tear,is the isf built to take this kind of beating? Im not saying driving it hard to redline all the time,im not sure if the engineers who designed and invented the transmission tried and tested this type of beating...
What will be the downside of driving our Fs in sport mode all the time?
Old 01-05-15, 02:55 PM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After driving over a decade in a car with a real LSD, and now daily driving a 08 ISF, I have to say the ISF feels like I am skating on one wheel w/ Trac off. I would recommend having the Trac on also especially those with 08-09 ISFs. It is too easy to get one wheel going ahead of the other which will easily scoot the car sideways like that M4. Too easy to lose it.
Old 01-05-15, 06:16 PM
sonicblu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive with my TRC off all day everyday and just turn sport mode on when I need to put it on someone lol. The F feels like a beast when it's at full race mode . Just yesterday I'm driving on the hwy on my to work and a murdered out M3 pops up on my rear view I'm like hell yea I've been waiting to race one since I deleted my primary cats and did my custom exhaust. So I go for the sport mode button and I see that I forgot to turn off my TRC b4 I left the parking lot this morning **** !!!! The M3 approached me on the passenger side like he wanted to go for it . But he was just getting off on the next exit lol .
Old 01-06-15, 03:02 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

What a big tease...lol...I been trying to race an M3 so bad. I had 3 close calls but no go. 1st it was pouring rain, very unsafe. 2nd I got so excited to creep up on one but I didn't realize it was cruising next to a state trooper, & 3rd I got close to one for the driver to exit off the highway.
Originally Posted by sonicblu
I drive with my TRC off all day everyday and just turn sport mode on when I need to put it on someone lol. The F feels like a beast when it's at full race mode . Just yesterday I'm driving on the hwy on my to work and a murdered out M3 pops up on my rear view I'm like hell yea I've been waiting to race one since I deleted my primary cats and did my custom exhaust. So I go for the sport mode button and I see that I forgot to turn off my TRC b4 I left the parking lot this morning **** !!!! The M3 approached me on the passenger side like he wanted to go for it . But he was just getting off on the next exit lol .
Old 01-06-15, 04:59 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
side note... how Terrible does that M4 sound!
lmao, sounds like a honda.
Old 01-06-15, 05:05 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Trac/Vsc off disables all your safety stability systems. Which truly gives that feeling of "unleashing the beast" it's funny because if I'm not mistaken with the RC F this setting is named, Expert now. When I attended the RCF From the Asphalt Up event in west palm beach. A driver decided to disable this very same settings. He ended up spinning out and slammed into the wall, destroying the vehicle. Be careful out on the open streets, that immediate rush of power to the rear wheels is unpredictable to tame at times. Either way, Trac/VSC on is always your friend!
Anyone know what happened to the rcf killer? Did lexus make him pay to repair it?
Old 01-06-15, 05:48 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Unfortunately, no. Everyone was briefed at the event, after the fact. They said don't play professional car driver/ hero by disabling the stability systems. Honestly, the vibe they gave was that Lexus had to eat that one. Who knows? Really? I mean they didn't check for car insurance at check in, just drivers license of the drivers.
Originally Posted by chris6878
Anyone know what happened to the rcf killer? Did lexus make him pay to repair it?
Old 01-06-15, 12:00 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

LOL @ the M4 Owner.

Guy didn't even try to counter steer.

Also, he let off the throttle abruptly and BOOM all weight went forward and back end comes around.
Old 01-06-15, 12:03 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Sport mode is there for you to use, no worries there. It all comes down to your driving habits. The engine is detuned and built in a dummy proof way for lack of better words. I mean come on, this car not only let's you visually see when to change gears but it also chimes a beep sound when to do so as well. It can't get easier than that. Now the wear and tear that's gonna come to play is the fact that you're gonna be pushing the car harder. That's when you gotta start factoring in the way you brake your car, more gas consumption, more wear on tires, faster oil change intervals, etc. Yes, I believe it's made to be driven hard it was factory tuned to the T, in making it as safe proof to the driver and giving them an exilirating driving experience. Even when redlining it, you'll have no choice but to change gears and when you do it always takes you to that sweet spot to continue accelerating. So enjoy the almighty F!
Even in manual mode, it will only let you bounce off the rev limiter for about 2 seconds before it pauses and shifts for you.
Old 01-06-15, 01:26 PM
madastep
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I almost don't get this with the sport mode, Dyno'd it seems to add 15-20 more hp maybe, i wouldn't think it it jump out as that big of a difference. the TC is another matter, cars tend to feel "fast" when things break loose a little. Although i drive with TC off almost all the time and drive like a moron and haven't lost control yet.
I'm betting the TC off is making you feel "the power".