IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

AZ Track day coming up November 15th at Arizona Motor Sports Park

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-14, 01:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default AZ Track day coming up November 15th at Arizona Motor Sports Park

Just wanted to give a heads up to the CL ISF crew in AZ and in the SW region ( regional forum is a joke) that there is a track day open through ProAutoSports at AZ motor sports park ( AMP ) on 11/15/14. Registration will require membership if you are not a member . Total for the day ( with sound check ) is $200. This includes membership fee and soundcheck. The track is near a residential area so cars cant be louder than 94db). I know most are not into track days but I figured if there were some out there who may like to join. HERE IS YOUR CHANCE !!

http://www.proautosports.com/

http://arizonamotorsportspark.com/

The track is in Litchfield/ Goodyear area so its not far. No trek to Inde ( 3.5 hr drive ), and better track than Wild Horse Pass !!
Old 11-04-14, 08:35 AM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're right not many F owners want to track their cars. Good luck on your track day!
Old 11-04-14, 09:13 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

You are SO right. These threads are usually silent. As tempted as I am to drop 1000-1500 for an exhaust but I would rather just keep doing track days and spend the cash on tires LOL. WEather in AZ is back to the 70s and 80s and will be this way for 7 months. Looking forward to hitting track dats with ProAutoSports. They have 5 times the number of track days on their calendar than NASA!
Old 11-04-14, 04:42 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That track was closed for quite a bit of time, nice to see its back open
Old 11-04-14, 07:55 PM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigcloud
You're right not many F owners want to track their cars. Good luck on your track day!
Hardest part is getting someone out there. Once they try it, it's a wrap! I hope you can get a few guys out there to really learn and enjoy their cars and of course learn a few things. Either way enjoy.
Old 11-05-14, 10:08 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
That track was closed for quite a bit of time, nice to see its back open
Had no idea. I guess the local residents raised hell. Now they have to do sound checks on every car. I would be pissed too if I was a resident. At my last track day I was sitting next to a Mazda race car in line to head out on the course and this stupid car was so loud I could barely hear myself think. I stopped recording several times because I didnt want my video polluted with just idling noise from this annoying car

Originally Posted by kauaian
Hardest part is getting someone out there. Once they try it, it's a wrap! I hope you can get a few guys out there to really learn and enjoy their cars and of course learn a few things. Either way enjoy.

I totally agree. Its hard to get out there. For me I always wanted to do it regularly and to have a car that would allow me to have that kind of fun. Now that I am linked to the organizations and have the appropriate car I intend on playing. In the mean time I will see if I can shed some light on the path to the track so others can join if interested. There are so many of us who would love to do the same but frankly just have no clue how to go about it or are worried they will damage the car. In the end its just going to beat up the tires and brakes and they are replaced easily and regularly anyway