IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

How is the akrym fitment ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-14, 12:49 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is the akrym fitment ?

Im looking to get an akrym rear diffusser i want to know experiences w fitment ir issues also pics
Old 10-04-14, 01:00 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KOKISF
Im looking to get an akrym rear diffusser i want to know experiences w fitment ir issues also pics
Just installed yesterday..

You will need 3M double sided tape and some silicone.

Fitment is good not great on top but it takes pressure and clamps.. On the bottom there are two holes.. But the holes are too small to fit stock Lexus clip.. I used my own nuts and bolts which is a lot stronger.

On the bottom of both sides.. Fitment is not great.. I was forced to use extra silicone - 3M double sided tape will not be strong enough.

Last edited by jadeboy; 10-04-14 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-04-14, 02:14 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

I installed mine last week. I just used two-sided-tape and will be removing and re-installing for the same fitment reasons. It doesn't look terribly noticeable, but I'm too OCD to leave it that way.

I ended up using the Lexus clips on bottom, just making the holes slightly bigger, and I seriously doubt they will be coming out on their own. It looked great when I first installed it, but the problem areas kind of popped back out a little bit since the tape wasn't enough to hold them into place perfectly.

The bottom side edges are the areas that needs the most work as far as fitment since the curvature doesn't exactly match up to that part of the bumper.

I still like it better than the wrap I had before and think its the best way to go unless you can find a used TOM's or possibly Wald diffuser.
Old 10-04-14, 05:05 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Updated with pictures..

For silicone.. the BEST method is you apply the silicone and use a WET cloth to smooth it out.. you want to use Isopropyl Alcohol with the cloth to remove excessive silicone.

Take off the bumper and apply pressure to the diffuser with clamps/ropes/3M double side tapes/silicone for about 24 hours. You will likely have to apply another layer of silicone after 24 hours when you have removed the clamps and ropes under pressure.

I will likely take a black marker and mark over the clear silicone to hide it.
Attached Thumbnails How is the akrym fitment ?-img_20141004_173045.jpg   How is the akrym fitment ?-img_20141004_173053.jpg   How is the akrym fitment ?-img_20141004_173059.jpg   How is the akrym fitment ?-img_20141004_173125.jpg   How is the akrym fitment ?-img_20141004_173133.jpg  

Old 10-06-14, 08:14 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by jadeboy
Updated with pictures..

For silicone.. the BEST method is you apply the silicone and use a WET cloth to smooth it out.. you want to use Isopropyl Alcohol with the cloth to remove excessive silicone.

Take off the bumper and apply pressure to the diffuser with clamps/ropes/3M double side tapes/silicone for about 24 hours. You will likely have to apply another layer of silicone after 24 hours when you have removed the clamps and ropes under pressure.

I will likely take a black marker and mark over the clear silicone to hide it.
damn bro ! You need new tires in the rear BADLY !! Just a heads up
Old 10-07-14, 05:29 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

KOKISF take a look at my build thread to see what I did with mine and also search for the ARKYM thread from a few years back when some of use preordered the first batch. There was so e discussion about install in that thread.

I took my rear bumper off and drilled holes through the bumper cover and in to the diffuser all the way along the edge then riveted the diffuser from the back side of the bumper cover. The result is a very perfect fitment but a bunch of holes in the bumper cover should I ever get rid of the diffuser. For me that's not an issue since I'll never go back to stock and if I switched to Toms it runs higher up the bumper cover anyway.
Old 10-07-14, 09:23 PM
jackhui
Rookie

ya, fitment isn't 100% . it will take some work to get it fit exactly.

if you align the holes and bolt it first then use 3M tape above, the 3M tape won't hold. the top part of the diffuser will be pulled back a bit and over time will pop out again.

so its either line up the bottom parts or line up the top.

I re-did it and i just 3M taped up the top part, the bottom I just zip tied through the 2 holes.
slight gap on the bottom sides.

this is just for mine. not sure if everyone else will have it.
Old 10-09-14, 10:01 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
damn bro ! You need new tires in the rear BADLY !! Just a heads up
Thanks.. there is only about 16,900 miles (27,000 km) on these tires.. I will probably replace them in the spring or earlier.. they are down to almost nothing in the rear.. the front should be ok for another year but it's likely they will slip or hydroplane in wet weather.