IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Wheel Package - Good Price and Fitment Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-14, 04:16 PM
anAgent
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Wheel Package - Good Price and Fitment Question

Just thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone knew of any better deals. My querying is pulling up some consistent pricing.

For: 2013 IS-F
Reside: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Wheels: Vossen CV7
Front: 20 x 9 - $600 (each)
Rear: 20 x 10.5 $650 (each)

Tires:
Nitto Invo
245/35-20 - $170 (each)
275/30-20 - $235 (each)

Can/Should I go with a wider with the rear?

Any feedback would greatly be appreciated!
Old 04-11-14, 04:38 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

On mine, I have 245/35/20 in front and 285/30/20 rear...wheels 20x9 and 20x10.5...fenders are all rolled...they are different rims, and I'm not an offset expert, but I do have some rubbing (rears only) when turning in reverse (especially with elevation change), turning into some driveways/shopping centers, speed bumps (only sometimes and very slight) and when I hit bumps or travel over elevation changes at freeway speeds. Mainly the problem seems to be the diameter is just a bit too much for the suspension to fully extend/bottom (or whatever) over bumpy surfaces. It's all just the tire making slight contact with the fender liner carpet (or whatever it is) but it still bothers me every time.

They look fantastic IMO and I love the way they fill up the wheel wells perfectly, but for the next set of tires I'll definitely go with 245/30 and 285/25 to try and keep the sizes as close to OD as possible (the rims/tires were on the car when I bought it in September).

If I were you, I would do as much due diligence as possible to make sure the specs aren't going to give you any issues at all. I'm sure other members here will have more technical info for you (I'm still learning)...

Hope this helps!
Old 04-11-14, 04:52 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Here's how they look...at least you'll get a feel for the fitment
Attached Thumbnails Wheel Package - Good Price and Fitment Question-huntingtonmeet1.jpg  
Old 04-11-14, 06:09 PM
anAgent
Rookie

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
On mine, I have 245/35/20 in front and 285/30/20 rear...wheels 20x9 and 20x10.5...fenders are all rolled...they are different rims, and I'm not an offset expert, but I do have some rubbing (rears only) when turning in reverse (especially with elevation change), turning into some driveways/shopping centers, speed bumps (only sometimes and very slight) and when I hit bumps or travel over elevation changes at freeway speeds. Mainly the problem seems to be the diameter is just a bit too much for the suspension to fully extend/bottom (or whatever) over bumpy surfaces. It's all just the tire making slight contact with the fender liner carpet (or whatever it is) but it still bothers me every time.

They look fantastic IMO and I love the way they fill up the wheel wells perfectly, but for the next set of tires I'll definitely go with 245/30 and 285/25 to try and keep the sizes as close to OD as possible (the rims/tires were on the car when I bought it in September).

If I were you, I would do as much due diligence as possible to make sure the specs aren't going to give you any issues at all. I'm sure other members here will have more technical info for you (I'm still learning)...

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I see you have a silver rim. How much of a pain in the *** is the break dust on them?
Old 04-11-14, 06:49 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by anAgent
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I see you have a silver rim. How much of a pain in the *** is the break dust on them?
Barely ever any buildup on them at all, and super easy to wipe off.
Old 04-12-14, 09:04 AM
anAgent
Rookie

Originally Posted by dannyk8232
Barely ever any buildup on them at all, and super easy to wipe off.
Sweet! Good to know. I have a nebula grey and I'm torn if or not I should go with a silver or graphite. I have a carbon fiber roof spoiler and a Wald rep (carbon fiber) spoiler that will be put on as soon as it gets warm enough.... I don't want to "wash" the car out...

Anyways.. thanks for your time!
Old 04-12-14, 10:38 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Ive had my eye on the new directional wheels. Not sure if I want to start modding the car for looks.
Old 04-12-14, 05:45 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone knew of any better deals. My querying is pulling up some consistent pricing.

For: 2013 IS-F
Reside: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Wheels: Vossen CV7
Front: 20 x 9 - $600 (each)
Rear: 20 x 10.5 $650 (each)

Tires:
Nitto Invo
245/35-20 - $170 (each)
275/30-20 - $235 (each)

Can/Should I go with a wider with the rear?

Any feedback would greatly be appreciated!
Wow...great choice as that was my second choice...I just ordered the following Friday...due to install next Friday just in time for "Cars & Coffee" at duPont Registry:

Wheels: Vossen CV3 / Matte Graphite
Front: 20 x 9 +38
Rear: 20 x 10.5 +45

Tires: Michelin PSS
Front: 245/30/20
Rear: 285/25/20

Now as far as gudiance I would talk to Vossen...there are vendors reps on CL...not sure of the CV7 offset choices but on the CV3 my wheel guy and I called Vossen direct and talked offset, tire sizes, etc...they said my setup will work with no rubbing on the stock suspension but if later I want to lower it I will need to roll the fenders...they said if I went with the 20 x 10 on the rear with the 285/25 I would be able to lower and possibly not have to roll the fenders. I don't plan to lower especially with this setup as it already fits great...see the pic below as Vossen told us on the phone that this car in their gallery has this exact setup on stock suspension...man it looks tight! Hope this helps.

Wheel Package - Good Price and Fitment Question-vossen_cv3_3.jpg
Old 04-13-14, 01:16 PM
anAgent
Rookie

Originally Posted by MYISF
Wow...great choice as that was my second choice...I just ordered the following Friday...due to install next Friday just in time for "Cars & Coffee" at duPont Registry....
Thanks for the feedback. I really like the CV3 as well and it was a hard choice. I ended up going with the silver as it the the graphite wheels with the nebula grey looks too washed out for what I like (which is a little contrast). However, I won't know until Monday if the wheels will be available. I also really want to lower the car, but haven't decided if I want to do coil overs (since I drive the car year round, I would like to raise it in the winter) or just springs for now.

Thanks again!
Old 04-13-14, 01:51 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback. I really like the CV3 as well and it was a hard choice. I ended up going with the silver as it the the graphite wheels with the nebula grey looks too washed out for what I like (which is a little contrast). However, I won't know until Monday if the wheels will be available. I also really want to lower the car, but haven't decided if I want to do coil overs (since I drive the car year round, I would like to raise it in the winter) or just springs for now.

Thanks again!
I hear u on the hard choice...I could write for an hour on the whole process I went through to end up with the CV3...which is right where I started about 2 months ago...

I agree and think the Silver CV7 will look great on the Nebula Grey...enjoy the Vossen's...