IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

2dary cat removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-13, 03:16 PM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2dary cat removal

please post pics of your secondary cat removal , i want to know if you used just a pipe, or a resonator? if so the measurements of it?
Old 02-25-13, 04:16 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude use the search function there are tons of pictures already up there. Just look around for 5 min and I bet you will find everything that you need.
Old 02-25-13, 04:33 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

lol if you looked a few threads down you would have found this
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-with-it.html

Just search to find what you're looking for...
Old 02-25-13, 05:22 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-25-13, 05:24 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you search ISF forums only for the string "secondary cat" you will get results.

Last edited by VtotheJ; 02-26-13 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-25-13, 05:25 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KOKISF
please post pics of your secondary cat removal , i want to know if you used just a pipe, or a resonator? if so the measurements of it?
why would people remove a cat to put in a resonator? The whole idea behind removing a cat is for less restrictive airflow...so why remove one thing and put on another?

Short answer, everyone just welds a pipe in place homie.
Old 02-25-13, 06:12 PM
Super6
Driver

My experiences dealing with other dual exhaust cars is that folks will remove the 2nd -ary cats and put an x pipe in their place. However, that is for true dual exhast systems. If you leave the stock mufflers on there It don't work that way. The other threads will show pics of why it won't. Best to get a cat back exhaust or do the Lou muff mod if you delete the 2nd Cato.
Old 02-26-13, 09:11 AM
KOKISF
Lead Lap

Sorry if this bother you guys , ive searched belive me , ive seen all threads mentioned on top and none of it shows what im looking or asking , is not the first time i ask for something and people tell me the same and even post threads that talks of something else, anyways ill find it my own way never mind!!!! A straight through free floww resonator removes the cat restriction and is not as loud as a straight pipe, sorry for the inconvinience!!!
Old 02-26-13, 09:43 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just weld a stainless steel pipe in place of each cat. I think the diameter is 3". If you get underneath the car you can use a tape measure to measure the pipe before the cat.
Old 02-26-13, 01:46 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by KOKISF
Sorry if this bother you guys , ive searched belive me , ive seen all threads mentioned on top and none of it shows what im looking or asking , is not the first time i ask for something and people tell me the same and even post threads that talks of something else, anyways ill find it my own way never mind!!!! A straight through free floww resonator removes the cat restriction and is not as loud as a straight pipe, sorry for the inconvinience!!!
But most people who remove the cats want a more free flowing exhaust. Adding a resonator will just kill the sound...almost defeats the purpose.

I don't think anyone on the forum has done it. Probably the most popular cheap exhaust mod is to remove the mufflers OR remove the mufflers and resonator. Everyone does it differently.

My setup is i have the exhaust dump right by the rear diff. Some people weld pipes so the exhaust exits the back of the car.

Search function only works if you're looking up the right key words...

Also..measurements is all relative depending on where the cuts are actually made...kinda pointless information since all muffler shops will hack the factory muffler up differently.
Old 02-26-13, 02:16 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, just take the car in and for $100-$200, they'll weld in the pipes in place of what you're removing. You don't really need to make an exact science out of all the measurements unless you're really trying to do something different like lowrider. If so, just get under the car and measure everything or take it to a shop and have them look at it. They should do it free of charge and give you ideas of what they can and can't do. My car was $160 for cat and muffler delete. $40 for each cat and $40 for each muffler.