IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Really F'd Up but fixed it

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-12, 10:39 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Impressive list of cars! Where do you park them all?
Old 12-21-12, 01:07 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Wow, you have all the automotive toys a man can wish for! Can you share what you do for a living? If you are not comfortable answering the question, that is fine. Thank you for the story. I can relate with you that our F's are special in relation to the other cars we own. But I only have for another, an A5 convertible. Nowher near as you. Cheers and happy holidays!
Old 12-21-12, 01:23 PM
RizOne
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shyguyF
you have all cars that i wish for, do you mind telling the 1m against the f, i like the body and real manual trans on 1m so bad, i'm thinking of picking up the used ones next year.
thanks !
The 1M is incredible. It is so nimble and chassis balance is perfect. It does have a pretty short wheelbase. You can get it sideways very easily. I get the traction control light flickering all the time. I am a little scared to turn off all the aids yet. It has a lot of torque down low in the RPM range. The steering is perfect imo. The main difference is the weight and the low down torque. I think the F comes alive when you wind it out. The power in the 1M seems to fade past 5500 rpm whereas the ISF starts to really get going arount 5000 rpm. It is also the normally aspirated motor vs turbo motor. They both ride very similarly actually - ie not very comfortable. The M3 is a much better riding car especially with the competition package. I don't think there is anyone better than BMW M and Porsche imo that get the ride/handling balance perfectly. The ISF is a great effort from Toyota, that is what I appreciate. Good luck.
Old 12-21-12, 01:35 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wow that liquid platinum looks nice! never saw one in person yet! where are u in jersey? hope to see you around at some F meets. don't forget to post in the NEISF thread which is for North East ISF...enjoy the cars! also Welcome Back!
Old 12-21-12, 04:09 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

nice 1m

i almost traded the F for one and hindesight i should have cause i would of made money when i sold it
Old 12-21-12, 04:16 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Your TT RS

How do you like the Audi? I've thinking about trading my F for one next year. Have you modded yours?
Old 12-21-12, 06:20 PM
RizOne
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 7No
How do you like the Audi? I've thinking about trading my F for one next year. Have you modded yours?
The tt rs is completely stock with heated seats and factory sport exhaust. It is an excellent car. It sounds very unique with the 20v single turbo. The suspension in sport mode is quite stiff. The sport mode automatically puts the suspension in the harder setting and sharpens the throttle response and opens up the flap in the exhaust. I wish that you could select these separately because the suspension gets too stiff with the factory tire pressures. It would be good to have the softer suspension setting with the sharper throttle and exhaust on loud. There is probably a way to do it aftermarket. It has a very light feel. It really comes alive when you start pushing it. The traction is very good as you would expect. It is destined to be a classic just like the 1m and I think the isf will be also.
Old 12-21-12, 08:06 PM
pc1990
Pole Position

Dude what the heck! How many cars do you have!!

Its good to hear from someone who has driven so many cars that the IS-F still holds a special place in their heart...says a lot about the car.

I hate fanboys who like one brand and think others are junk. I like many cars across all brands and its refreshing to see others who are the same way.

Thanks for posting this...good read.
Old 12-22-12, 02:21 PM
IsFast3r
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first saw the thread title I was expecting some sorta accident with your F that you got fixed, but instead it was a really great story. Really impressive list of cars, that f10 m5 is gorgeous. Hope to see you around at the F meets!
Old 12-22-12, 03:01 PM
shyguyF
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RizOne
The 1M is incredible. It is so nimble and chassis balance is perfect. It does have a pretty short wheelbase. You can get it sideways very easily. I get the traction control light flickering all the time. I am a little scared to turn off all the aids yet. It has a lot of torque down low in the RPM range. The steering is perfect imo. The main difference is the weight and the low down torque. I think the F comes alive when you wind it out. The power in the 1M seems to fade past 5500 rpm whereas the ISF starts to really get going arount 5000 rpm. It is also the normally aspirated motor vs turbo motor. They both ride very similarly actually - ie not very comfortable. The M3 is a much better riding car especially with the competition package. I don't think there is anyone better than BMW M and Porsche imo that get the ride/handling balance perfectly. The ISF is a great effort from Toyota, that is what I appreciate. Good luck.
thank you for the info bro !
Old 12-26-12, 03:04 PM
RizOne
Driver School Candidate

I took a few pictures after I bought it back.
Attached Thumbnails Really F'd Up but fixed it-isfreturn122012-001.jpg  
Old 12-26-12, 03:31 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, what a story!
Old 12-26-12, 06:25 PM
Asianjedi
Driver School Candidate

Great to know that someone who can pretty much afford anything really loves the F!
Old 12-26-12, 06:35 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

says something about the F when you trade it in then go back and get it... M5 is a nice addition.
Old 12-27-12, 10:32 AM
RizOne
Driver School Candidate

I got a chance to clean a couple of the cars before the bad weather.
Attached Thumbnails Really F'd Up but fixed it-m5-turbo-s-and-isf-0091.jpg   Really F'd Up but fixed it-m5-turbo-s-and-isf-0222.jpg   Really F'd Up but fixed it-m5-turbo-s-and-isf-0072.jpg  

Quick Reply: Really F'd Up but fixed it