IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

TORN ISF seat :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-12, 11:46 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matt310
It's totally your call; there's some additional interest in the seat cover since I posted photos, but I want to give you dibs first, since I just happened to see your post randomly, and even more randomly had a seat cushion for an IS F sitting in my closet!

I PM'ed you a price, it's about half what I bought it for, let me know what you decide.

Thanks,

Matt
Thanks Matt, You got PM. Please get back with me when you get a chance to.
Old 08-30-12, 08:08 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

PLEASE tell me you're going to take Matt's cover. While reading through this thread, I thought how impossible it would be to find an IS F seat by itself or, even more impossible, the leather from a front seat. when I saw his post, I said "NO WAY".

Take it and RUN. Any decent upholstery shop will be able to work wonders with that piece of leather. PLEASE don't get your seats custom done. It's not nice, it's not classy, and it'll never feel "just right" to you. It's an IS F, not a Honda Civic.
Good luck!
Old 08-30-12, 11:06 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 86 Posts

WOW...what are the chances! Good lookin out Matt!
Old 08-30-12, 12:33 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LO 21
PLEASE tell me you're going to take Matt's cover. While reading through this thread, I thought how impossible it would be to find an IS F seat by itself or, even more impossible, the leather from a front seat. when I saw his post, I said "NO WAY".

Take it and RUN. Any decent upholstery shop will be able to work wonders with that piece of leather. PLEASE don't get your seats custom done. It's not nice, it's not classy, and it'll never feel "just right" to you. It's an IS F, not a Honda Civic.
Good luck!
Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
WOW...what are the chances! Good lookin out Matt!

Yea, Matt is awesome! I already got it from him...the problem is that I feel bad to use such a brand new piece of seat cover just to fix a small section, and that those shops going to charge me $328.00 for putting the new cover on my drivier seat; and cut the old leather from the (old) driver seat on my passanger seat.

So,
I am thinking maybe someone who really needed the Driver side seat cover maybe willing to trade me the new seat cover (Cash + their old center piece leather from their old seat) so we both don't have to waste money and material. What you guys think?
Old 08-30-12, 02:45 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yea that or just sell your torn one for a little on the fourms im sure someone can put it to good use.
Old 01-05-14, 09:11 PM
BluISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the bump. Just curious how your seat tear was resolved. Thx
Old 01-06-14, 08:19 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Not sure if you guys realize but the tear in the seat can be fixed by a professional. My brother and brother in law have businesses where they go to dealerships/ rental car companies and fix stuff exactly like this. Its not too expensive either
Old 01-07-14, 09:31 AM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Wth did he had on his pocket?? Smh!!
Old 01-07-14, 01:55 PM
ISFGEORGE
Rookie

Our leather is so soft, I always tell my passengers to remove any objects from their pockets. They laugh but tis is a good reason to ask.
Old 01-07-14, 03:03 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BluISF
Sorry for the bump. Just curious how your seat tear was resolved. Thx

problem sloved (not really); a special "F" edition bandaid to heal the wound

Originally Posted by chrisp1
Not sure if you guys realize but the tear in the seat can be fixed by a professional. My brother and brother in law have businesses where they go to dealerships/ rental car companies and fix stuff exactly like this. Its not too expensive either
Trust me my friend, I had visited, called, emailed over a dozen of Car upholstery repair shops/ leather shop/ leather wholesales. None of them will take the repair due to :
1.) Even through they can stitch it up, but it will looks really nasty since the damage is really severe.
2.) They could use a different piece of leather to replace the section; but a.) the color will not match the rest of the sections and other seats. also b.) the venting holes patterns and size of the holes will not match.
If you looks closely in person, the ISF seats are not black, it's in fact a very dark navy blue color with blue insert on the other side of the leather.
Unless we can get the material from the leather company somewhere in Japan, it can't be fixed.
For that reason, i also contaced the Lexus HQ ask if I can get that info. they refused of course lol

Even thought I already knew, but thanks for your advice. On the other hand, if your brother is confidant about fixing my seat and make it looks like it never happened. By all mean, please do conctact me!

Originally Posted by ULTSISF
Wth did he had on his pocket?? Smh!!
That F'ing A$$ carried a folding knife in his jeans. At first I thought it was his jean pocket's buttons did the damage. And later i realized that was probably the metal clip from the knife that digged into the leather and when he got up, it just rip the seat open. The worst thing that pissed me off is that till this day, he still won't admit that he accidently did this, he still says that I could somehow screwed up my seat and then try to blame it on him for the rapair.

Last edited by sleepyray; 01-07-14 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-07-14, 03:14 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Its weird that in person my seat looks black but in the above picture it clearly looks blue!
Old 01-07-14, 03:25 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,472 Posts

They are all blue - very dark blue. I have a scratch on my driver's seat, so I've seen it in person. It's on the list of "stuff to get fixed" when I decide I can't stand it any more. I'd buy a new cover, but they're stupid expensive.

OP - Just curious - does the seat heater still work on that seat?
Old 01-07-14, 04:23 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
They are all blue - very dark blue. I have a scratch on my driver's seat, so I've seen it in person. It's on the list of "stuff to get fixed" when I decide I can't stand it any more. I'd buy a new cover, but they're stupid expensive.

OP - Just curious - does the seat heater still work on that seat?

yes they are expensive indeed...

yup the seat heater still works, it basically just a bumper sticker that stick on the seat lol
Old 01-07-14, 07:45 PM
BluISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by sleepyray

problem sloved (not really); a special "F" edition bandaid to heal the wound

\.
That's a pretty neat trick there......

thx