IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ISF vs. Audi

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-16, 06:37 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Default ISF vs. Audi

I had a little dual with an Audi the other night, believe it was an S6 but it was dark. Some young guy with what looks like his mom in the back seat.

He gunned his car on a left turn, freeway on-ramp, he beat me on the turn, I decided not to push it too much on the turn, but once the turn ended, I put the smack down. I had to back off a bit otherwise I would risk hitting him.

On-ramp is over, he kept going for a bit, I blew by him and he didn't want anymore.

I did some research on these cars, so most of the S class Audi's have a Twin Turbo V8, but I suppose their AWD system adds a ton of weight. An S6 (if in fact it was an S6) weighs 4300+ lbs......so this car is almost 600 lbs heavier than an ISF.

Also cruised their forums and found this interesting discussion.

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/s4-b...s-isf-2784694/

Apparently our car is not a "real sports car", and we are like teenagers lusting after a 350Z. LMAO.

Anyhows, when I see this high priced Audis, I always wonder how long the owner will keep them before they break.

Last time I was in Lexus of Oakland, someone was trading in an Audi for a 2012 ISF.

Go figure...
Old 05-03-16, 06:41 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Also according to westwest888, "Nobody brings a Lexus to the track"
Old 05-03-16, 06:49 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

The s8 are no joke, when I was at the track last year, that thing can fly...blew by me and a vette...
Old 05-03-16, 06:51 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Also according to westwest888, "Nobody brings a Lexus to the track"
Lol...i wouldn't say nobody, but whenever I go to the track, Lexus doesn't really stand out...for instance here in this forum there's only few of us track their car.
Old 05-03-16, 07:46 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a little dual with an Audi the other night, believe it was an S6 but it was dark. Some young guy with what looks like his mom in the back seat.

He gunned his car on a left turn, freeway on-ramp, he beat me on the turn, I decided not to push it too much on the turn, but once the turn ended, I put the smack down. I had to back off a bit otherwise I would risk hitting him.

On-ramp is over, he kept going for a bit, I blew by him and he didn't want anymore.

I did some research on these cars, so most of the S class Audi's have a Twin Turbo V8, but I suppose their AWD system adds a ton of weight. An S6 (if in fact it was an S6) weighs 4300+ lbs......so this car is almost 600 lbs heavier than an ISF.

Apparently our car is not a "real sports car", and we are like teenagers lusting after a 350Z. LMAO.

Anyhows, when I see this high priced Audis, I always wonder how long the owner will keep them before they break.

Last time I was in Lexus of Oakland, someone was trading in an Audi for a 2012 ISF.

Go figure...

Ehhh I wouldn't worry too much about those Audi guys, plus that thread is like 6 years old.

I'm sure the ISF was given a lot of flak back then cause it was still new and it was from Japan, built to take on German's AMG, RS, M cars so a lot of defensive Eurosnob fangirls got their panties up in a bunch. Lexus improved the ISF year after year and towards the end of its life cycle, it was getting pretty much universal praise from the press.

I think a lot of car people really respect the ISF nowadays compared to when it was first launched.
Old 05-03-16, 09:16 PM
Ramfis
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't bother taking my ISF to run with Audis unless is a RS4 or 5, for A4 and A5 I use my G35 or my wifes car, X1 xdrive 35i twin power turbo..
Old 05-03-16, 09:36 PM
clochner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is great on many levels. First, I am the one who started that thread on AudiWorld many years ago. I stuck with the S4 until last August . . . when I traded it in for an ISF! I could not be happier btw.

Secondly, westwest has become quite the infamous forum member in the Audi world. He posts now on audirevolution.net, which is a fantastic forum, even if you don't own an Audi.

Great thread here - made me laugh.
Old 05-03-16, 10:50 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Go figure...
By definition the ISF isn't a sports car at all.....its a quick sedan.
Old 05-03-16, 11:24 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Interesting read from the guys over there. It's not surprising by any means, but it's just a case of fanaticism and brand loyalty. What I do appreciate about the Audi brand is the attention to detail with regards to its interior. Engine wise and power-to-weight ratio will never have its models winning anything, but damn, do they have nice interiors! Very luxurious, even if it's a heavy boat.
Old 05-03-16, 11:31 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Interesting read from the guys over there. It's not surprising by any means, but it's just a case of fanaticism and brand loyalty. What I do appreciate about the Audi brand is the attention to detail with regards to its interior. Engine wise and power-to-weight ratio will never have its models winning anything, but damn, do they have nice interiors! Very luxurious, even if it's a heavy boat.
Best interiors, great looks, horrid reliability.
Old 05-03-16, 11:50 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by JaponesV8
Best interiors, great looks, horrid reliability.
Much agreed. That being said, the IS F hasn't aged all that much. Yes, we within the community know that it's an 8+ year old model, but honestly, I do believe it still looks very robust and eye popping from when it first arrived.
Old 05-03-16, 11:54 PM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Haters gonna hate. Those Audi guys are mad because they're always at the dealership getting their car fixed
The following users liked this post:
RJMacReady (08-09-23)
Old 05-04-16, 12:03 AM
JaponesV8
Driver

Much agreed. That being said, the IS F hasn't aged all that much. Yes, we within the community know that it's an 8+ year old model, but honestly, I do believe it still looks very robust and eye popping from when it first arrived.
I love the ISF for the very reason some may dislike it. Its VERY unassuming and subdued. Only a few car nerds know what it is.....me included obviously.

Is the car dated compared to a modern Lexus? No question. The RCF feels like you're sitting in the controls of a rocket ship where the ISF feels very last decade. For me that's OK because I'm not ready to drop $15k more on an RCF......yet.

$10k? ugh, that's a tough decision
Old 05-04-16, 12:06 AM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Out of the hundred car that I've been through, I've own one Audi, 04 a4, which I sold after one week

Last edited by yoitskenn; 05-04-16 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-04-16, 05:58 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

In my opinion the Germans have stepped it up in the interior dept. in the last few years. Lexus was on top of their game when the 2nd gen IS hit the market. When I bought my 2007 IS250, my wife and I cross shopped the BMW 328i and a few other German competitors. I disliked how all the interiors looked at that time! Worst was the comfort when I test drove them. The last one was the IS250. I still remember that feeling when I opened the door and sat on that seat. I immediately felt like "oh yeah! this is the one!" As a matter of fact the newer design layouts for most of the Lexus models today look very german like now in my opinion.

Quick Reply: ISF vs. Audi