IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Hopefully get to bring the F to North Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-16, 02:19 PM
mmartin061
banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully get to bring the F to North Dakota

I have been looking for someone out here that would be nice enough to rent out an indoor spot for the F so I can drive it on perfect days. While I haven't found an indoor spot I had an aquintance I know him pretty well just not best friends with him, let me park it on his driveway for free. So out comes the outdoor cover. Any help with an outdoor cover? By the way the Rav4 forum...wow do they have a bunch of d*cks on that forum. Posted about my dissapointing fuel mileage and they all came out and attacked me lol simply because I don't belive the guy posts consistent 26 mpg hwy driving 4cylinder model. Well to trump that I said sure I will just go get the F and trump your fuel mileage on the freeway with over 400hp probably mid 400's with the upgrades. Anyhow, ideas about storing outside other than don't park it under an apple tree? Lol

Last edited by mmartin061; 03-26-16 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-26-16, 02:38 PM
ISFCOBRA
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a couple of covers for my F until i moved into the garage... I bought them from Walmart which the 1st one was the perfect size. The 2nd one was a little larger which i used when storms were coming as i would add a layer of padding under the cover to protect from hail.
Old 03-26-16, 02:40 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by ISFCOBRA
I had a couple of covers for my F until i moved into the garage... I bought them from Walmart which the 1st one was the perfect size. The 2nd one was a little larger which i used when storms were coming as i would add a layer of padding under the cover to protect from hail.
Not a bad idea to prtect for potential hail. That is what I am worried about the most. what did you use?
Old 03-26-16, 02:43 PM
ISFCOBRA
Pit Crew

king size bed padding... LOL.
Old 03-26-16, 02:57 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by ISFCOBRA
king size bed padding... LOL.

Hmm maybe like that memory foam topper stuff? But like the stuff that is pliable?
Old 03-26-16, 10:04 PM
ISFCOBRA
Pit Crew

this is what i used. BigSleep 3" Convoluted Foam Topper and only place on the car when a storm was coming. Car cover was tied at the rims to keep it from blowing away.
Old 03-27-16, 05:55 PM
ebbsnflows
Driver School Candidate

I used to travel a lot for work and would often have to leave my car at the airport for 2-3 weeks at a time. It was a smaller regional airport and only had outdoor parking. I used a California Car Cover (www.calcarcover.com) for several years. They make top of the line covers in various materials (depending on your needs/budget). I've used both the Noah and the Superweave models and both work fantastic. I came home a few times to find 6-8" of snow on the car. I'd knock of the snow and pull the cover off to find my car bone dry underneath. The superweave is plush and thick and offers some ding protection as well. They're not cheap covers...but they work awesome!
Old 03-27-16, 07:04 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by ebbsnflows
I used to travel a lot for work and would often have to leave my car at the airport for 2-3 weeks at a time. It was a smaller regional airport and only had outdoor parking. I used a California Car Cover (www.calcarcover.com) for several years. They make top of the line covers in various materials (depending on your needs/budget). I've used both the Noah and the Superweave models and both work fantastic. I came home a few times to find 6-8" of snow on the car. I'd knock of the snow and pull the cover off to find my car bone dry underneath. The superweave is plush and thick and offers some ding protection as well. They're not cheap covers...but they work awesome!
I will have to check them out as well. lexus was getting about $330 for one but not ayre what brand
Old 03-28-16, 08:30 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

watch out for pheasants crossing the road.
Old 04-02-16, 05:48 PM
mmartin061
banned

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
watch out for pheasants crossing the road.
Ya they are dumb birds. Have not hit one yet deer are terrible out here as well