IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Alignment + Springs question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-15, 10:01 AM
swoo350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment + Springs question

Sorry if this has been brought up numerous times but I read through all of the alignment and FIGS thread with the inner tire wear problem but I am still a tad confused on what I need to do to fix this, probably just need some confirmation. My last set of tires popped because of the inner tire wear. I was told by the tire guys that I needed an alignment bad so I got my mechanic to do an alignment after I installed my new tires 245/35 and 275/30 combo. After the alignment I pull to the right pretty hard and my steering wheel leans to the right also. I've attached the alignment specs

From what I read, FIGS LCA bushing would address this? I am also considering getting swift springs to drop the front, the wheel gap is getting to me.. but probably be best to address this before moving on to springs?
Old 08-19-15, 10:39 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have the same issue. Just installed tires 2k ago had the car aligned twice and the car pulls to the right with the right paddle slightly lower on the steering wheel than the left paddle. I took it back and they adjusted the tie rods to center the wheel. I had them do it and I test drove it . It was MUCH better but still pulled to the right. I am HUGE so I had them even align the car with me in the drivers seat. Going to have them adjust the steering wheel again when I go back. I love how they always like to blame it on the tires.
Old 08-19-15, 10:46 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,472 Posts

Originally Posted by swoo350
Sorry if this has been brought up numerous times but I read through all of the alignment and FIGS thread with the inner tire wear problem but I am still a tad confused on what I need to do to fix this, probably just need some confirmation. My last set of tires popped because of the inner tire wear. I was told by the tire guys that I needed an alignment bad so I got my mechanic to do an alignment after I installed my new tires 245/35 and 275/30 combo. After the alignment I pull to the right pretty hard and my steering wheel leans to the right also. I've attached the alignment specs

From what I read, FIGS LCA bushing would address this? I am also considering getting swift springs to drop the front, the wheel gap is getting to me.. but probably be best to address this before moving on to springs?
Your front subframe needs to move a little bit to the right to even out your camber issue. I may do amazing things for pull as well, but will require full alignment again because repositioning will impact all three numbers - camber, caster, and toe. It's not a small task so don't expect your shop to be excited about doing it.

Also, if you are going to put in LCA bushings, do it before moving anything. It's possible the slop on the bushing install will fix some/all of the problem, and the bushings will definitely be an improvement no matter how you slice it.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 08-19-15 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-19-15, 02:06 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I actually just came back from a wheel alignment with RR-Racing LCA bushing. My car still pulls to the right even with the papers showing all green but for the front toe being in the red.
Old 08-19-15, 05:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by idoke1
I actually just came back from a wheel alignment with RR-Racing LCA bushing. My car still pulls to the right even with the papers showing all green but for the front toe being in the red.
My car was pulling to the right as soon as I got a new set of PSS. I ended up going in and having the RRR USRS installed with a new alignment and the car still pulled to the right. I had my car realigned and it still pulled to the right. I went back and had them realign the wheel and it helped alot.
Are you guys noticing your steering wheel is turned to the right slightly.
Old 08-19-15, 08:16 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by swoo350

My car drifted slightly to the right when I purchased it with 7032 miles on the clock. Pretty much immediately lowered the front with Swifts, installed the Figs LCA bushings, and aligned it, including the 'Lance' zero (or close to it) toe.

Car drives straight as an arrow now, even with the slightly irregular tire wear on the OEM tires from the factory alignment.
Old 08-20-15, 08:03 AM
swoo350
Rookie

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
My car drifted slightly to the right when I purchased it with 7032 miles on the clock. Pretty much immediately lowered the front with Swifts, installed the Figs LCA bushings, and aligned it, including the 'Lance' zero (or close to it) toe.

Car drives straight as an arrow now, even with the slightly irregular tire wear on the OEM tires from the factory alignment.
That is good to know. Is it still the front driver side that you're getting the inner tire wear?
Old 08-20-15, 08:04 AM
swoo350
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Your front subframe needs to move a little bit to the right to even out your camber issue. I may do amazing things for pull as well, but will require full alignment again because repositioning will impact all three numbers - camber, caster, and toe. It's not a small task so don't expect your shop to be excited about doing it.

Also, if you are going to put in LCA bushings, do it before moving anything. It's possible the slop on the bushing install will fix some/all of the problem, and the bushings will definitely be an improvement no matter how you slice it.
Thanks for the info lobux. Ill ask my mechanic about the subframing and in the meantime I am going to try and get my hands on those bushings