IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lexus ISF full bolt ons at the Track.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-15, 02:15 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great driving...watching the race was like watching pacman eat the bad guys hahahahaha
Old 08-13-15, 05:37 AM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the fun. My problem with SCCA TNIA is that having an instructor as you are starting out is REALLY beneficial. It looked like your lines were kind of all over the place. You are leaving a lot of open track out there. (Granted I only watched about the first half of the video) Not trying to criticize. It is not easy especially your first time out and even then afterwards you are still learning a lot every time out. A few sessions with a good instructor and in M mode and you will pick up SIGNIFICANT time. Glad to see more guys out there. The car sounds like a monster.
Old 08-13-15, 11:48 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Thanks that track has a PDE day coming up end of month and plan on attended. i was really shocked they just throw us out by ourselves and gave us a few pointers.

Last edited by Gearbangin; 08-13-15 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-13-15, 12:55 PM
Piston1047
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by torxuvin
Welcome to the fun. My problem with SCCA TNIA is that having an instructor as you are starting out is REALLY beneficial. It looked like your lines were kind of all over the place. You are leaving a lot of open track out there. (Granted I only watched about the first half of the video) Not trying to criticize. It is not easy especially your first time out and even then afterwards you are still learning a lot every time out. A few sessions with a good instructor and in M mode and you will pick up SIGNIFICANT time. Glad to see more guys out there. The car sounds like a monster.
I agree with this, back in the days when I started HPDEs you couldn't touch the track without instructors. I understand why they don't always go out though, the risk of getting in a accident with a student is something some instructors are not willing to take ( I know how it feels), I only ride/instruct friends now. Gearbangin, your lines and throttle application where what I would expect of a first timer, def use the trakc more because even though you don't need it at your current pace, when you get faster you will need it but atleast your getting out there and their are not much better experiences than being on track. I wish you lived out here and I would go out with you. Oh, and driving in M-mode is essential to the experience, the F's auto even in sport is kinda inadequate for track. who knows after a few days you might be able to take of that terrible traction control with confidence.
Old 08-13-15, 01:50 PM
bbong
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Good to see another F at the track, but as said before not criticizing but your lines were all over, I'm not the best driver either, but I always take an instructor with me especially when starting the first session to learn the lines, show me the flaggers and all in all, make me feel more comfortable behind the wheel.

Also started in Sport-Auto, man, after I went to Sport-M I fell in love with the car on the track, next time you're out, don't hesitate and get in M-Sport, you will then love the car so much more, while giving it much more respect

I usually average about 6.7mpg and after 3 sessions I need to fill it up.
Old 08-13-15, 05:48 PM
foxprime
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, pretty good for a first-timer! What bolt-ons do you have? Suspension?

Driving the car in M-Sport is really exhilarating and allows the driver more control. Then again it's just your first time. Good stuff!
Old 08-14-15, 10:12 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice! Wish I could've gone that day, but I got caught up with work! Did you pre-register and don't the instructor have to be with you if you are in the novice group?
Old 08-14-15, 09:42 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 170 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by RCF500
Nice! Wish I could've gone that day, but I got caught up with work! Did you pre-register and don't the instructor have to be with you if you are in the novice group?
For Track Night in America there are no in car instructors. You have a debriefing before each session and a paced lap session.
Old 01-13-16, 09:41 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice run .....