IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sikky headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-14, 08:27 PM
LexusISF19
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sikky headers

Just got my Sikky headers installed at JE import performance as long with the rear sway bar and k&n intake typhoon. Its broken in as i drove the car from newyork and stopped at a few colleges to party.. But what i noticed was when i let my friend drive, he would turn to the left while giving a little gas and i feel like i hear the headers hitting or something there ?!? Only feel it in the passenger side(i feel a vibration on my left foot) anyone else ever have this problem? Thx guys
Old 05-19-14, 08:31 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Welcome to the club!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ttle-club.html
Old 05-19-14, 08:33 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Sikky headers has the vibration when I make a hard right and give it gas, same passenger side. I think it's the upstream o2 sensor on the passenger side kitting the heat shield and now the firewall. the end of my o2 has worn though the heat shield now.
Old 05-19-14, 08:51 PM
LexusISF19
Driver

Its annoying just spent 3,000 on everything dont wanna spend more on this ****! Lol. Anyone in Newyork resolve this issue and wanna help me out?
Old 05-19-14, 10:10 PM
tomkirklan
Driver

That's odd, I had my Sikky headers installed at JE and have not had the issue you are describing. I would give them a call. Not that they can do much from Maryland but worth hearing their guidance.

My past experiences with JE have been great.

Best of luck getting this resolved.

Tom
Old 05-19-14, 10:17 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm pretty sure no 2 sets of Sikky headers come out of the jig the same.

It could be contact between the o2 and heat shield or the tubing and the frame rail, starter heat shield, bell housing or the motor mount bracket.
Old 05-20-14, 05:08 AM
LexusISF19
Driver

[QUOTE="RCB;8544723"]I'm pretty sure no 2 sets of Sikky headers come out of the jig the same. Yeah i hear you. Thanks
Old 05-20-14, 06:28 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
I'm pretty sure no 2 sets of Sikky headers come out of the jig the same.

It could be contact between the o2 and heat shield or the tubing and the frame rail, starter heat shield, bell housing or the motor mount bracket.
THIS! It is an extremely annoying noise. Mine only makes noise when turning left on the gas. Problem is I don't really want to spend the $3-400 to have the passenger side done.

I know some others have gotten new passenger side headers and the problem went away.
Old 05-20-14, 07:46 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

I haven't replaced my right side headers which was found by my tech at Lexus as the culprit. But Sikky promised to replace it last year. Haven't found the time to get the ball rolling on the fix.
Old 05-20-14, 09:25 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Welcome to the after market headers club i have Sikky header for almost 3 yrs now , never had any issue. Its all about the installer i guess
Old 05-20-14, 09:40 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Typically these turning noises are a result of an aftermarket exhaust making contact with the cross braces especially around the X-Pipe area. Unfortunately with the addition of headers it seems that the rest of the exhaust gets shifted back resulting in clearance issues. Good news is that these are easy fixes once identified.
Old 05-20-14, 09:54 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Welcome to the after market headers club i have Sikky header for almost 3 yrs now , never had any issue. Its all about the installer i guess
Normally I would agree with this statement but after having installed my own Sikky headers and inspected another set - their QC and or mold(s) are garbage. I agree with the earlier statement in that no two Sikky products come out of their molds quite the same.

My passenger side manifold is a "newer" mold and while the runners clear the frame rail the primary o2 bung puts the sensor right into the chasis/heatshield.

That's just the truth, their headers lack serious consistency aside from the kindergartener spot welds....those are plentiful on all sets....and thats sad coming from someone with no "brand" loyalty wanting to run an eastcoast made product. lol

Last edited by mikellucci; 05-20-14 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-22-14, 10:03 PM
hardeepgil
Driver School Candidate

I have thought about getting headers down the line, but always worried it may lead to other issues. Good to know some members having no issues.
Old 06-23-14, 04:32 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had Sikky headers since March and have had none of the problems I have read about here on CL...Wow! Am I glad...however, I feel like I had a quality install and believe it or not by what some on here call the "Stealership"...no crap...Lexus of Tampa Bay did an awesome job and as I explain in my build thread they purposely looked for opportunities for any of the install to rattle and found two items as follows:

1) one of the bolts that holds a heat sheild near the passenger side headers was very close so they just simply removed it...said there are three other bolts holding it on and I should have no problems...and I don't

2) futher back there is a sheild that covers the driveshaft and it looked like the back right corner of it might cause a problem with the exhaust...so they trimmed that portion of the sheild off but yet left it on to protect the drive shaft

For the OP it seems a little weird that JE would have missed any of this as I have been reading for a long time on CL how good they are at installing these headers...I would just call them and see what they think...good luck!
Old 06-23-14, 05:56 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by MYISF
I have had Sikky headers since March and have had none of the problems I have read about here on CL...Wow! Am I glad...however, I feel like I had a quality install and believe it or not by what some on here call the "Stealership"...no crap...Lexus of Tampa Bay did an awesome job and as I explain in my build thread they purposely looked for opportunities for any of the install to rattle and found two items as follows:

1) one of the bolts that holds a heat sheild near the passenger side headers was very close so they just simply removed it...said there are three other bolts holding it on and I should have no problems...and I don't

2) futher back there is a sheild that covers the driveshaft and it looked like the back right corner of it might cause a problem with the exhaust...so they trimmed that portion of the sheild off but yet left it on to protect the drive shaft

For the OP it seems a little weird that JE would have missed any of this as I have been reading for a long time on CL how good they are at installing these headers...I would just call them and see what they think...good luck!
The bolt is my problem. However, have them also check your motor mounts. The fit is so tight that the passenger side header can vibrate against the body of the car when the engine torques in high revs.
Attached Thumbnails Sikky headers-header-bolt.jpg   Sikky headers-header2.jpg