IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

It might be time for my ISF to go.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-13, 11:33 AM
UCFdude
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robertrios
I heard the KIA SUVs are hard to beat for the $, realistically id say your looking at high 20s and low 30s for trade if you go to Lexus and buy a new GX. Reason being it will be easier for them to sell the ISF than another dealer. My brother got his best offers on trade for his CTSV at Caddy and one of my employees was able to pick up a Scion FRS for cheap from a VW dealer in a retiree suburb (Car is too small and too low for older people...most older people). From the above its easy to figure out that if you go to a dealer that has the market that will buy an F you will get a better deal. Perfect scenario for you would be to go to a Lexus dealership that has not been able to move many GXs (maybe even has one that was oddly traded in) and does well selling the 2IS and ISF. Of course this is all assuming you trade in which is the easy way, if you sell PP you can expect to get 3-4k more for your "troubles".
Yes, you will generally get a better deal if you trade your isf into a lexus dealership because they can sell it much easier than other dealers. However, they will get you back on their car. It's a two ways street. The best scenario is to sell your car privately and then look for a Gx that got trade into dealership not named lexus. Those dealership already made a killing selling their car and now they just want to get rid of the trade in , Gx. Where as the lexus dealership will let it sit and wait since this is just another lexus and all they do is selling lexus. So they are not in a rush to sell it. Ex: I've seen many isf's that was listed in bmw dealerships that was thousands less than what a lexus dealership would be asking.
Old 10-20-13, 01:51 PM
bradhop15
Driver

Thanks for all the info guys. Would love to have both the F and an SUV but the problem is I have a 67 mustang and the F, and I bought my wife a 2013 c coupe back in Jan. So sadly the F is the one to go. Cant have 4 cars. No room and too much money. Maybe I will be back in a couple years by trading in the c coupe for an RCF.
Old 10-21-13, 04:37 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Why not save a few bones and get a few year old GX? The technology hasn't changed on it in the last several years. They are great reliable vehicles on and off road, but are lacking in both the power and fuel economy departments. If Toyota would put a diesel in one I would buy it tomorrow, but I personally couldn't justify paying over 50k for an SUV that is only rated 20 mpg highway. I don't know if I can ever buy another large vehicle with a gasoline engine again after having bought my wife a 2013 Porsche Cayenne diesel. We just took my daughter to Hershey, PA a few days ago and averaged 32 mpg driving 80 mph.
Old 10-22-13, 01:33 AM
bradhop15
Driver

I liked the old style but I love the new front end of the 2014. They also did a new rear bumper and the new nav system.