IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New car and first LEXUS !

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-13, 09:29 AM
HellaInc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone! I'm definitely enjoying the car so far and so far it seems like I made the best decision, night and day difference with the driving experience in the F than the S that I had, it makes me want to go places that I don't even want to go just to go out and drive LOL. The best part is, I have the peace of mind knowing that this car is much more reliable than my last! And to Sello, I wish! Hah I worked hard to earn everything I have. It's actually the other way around, I'm still living with my parents because I HAVE to take care of THEM since they're both unemployed and pay for everything in the house along with taking care of my wife and daughter also. Anyways back on topic, Just got my Takeda Intake and Meisterschaft Axleback installed couple days ago! Sounds much meaner! Anyone here have the full system with midpipe? Was there any noticeable increase in sound/performance with the midpipe?
Old 09-06-13, 09:44 AM
1BAD4DR
Pole Position

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Good for you bro. Im in Socal to so pm me if you ever want to get together and roll out. Maybe we can share some advice on mods since i just got mine last month as well. I did ppe headers, brembo front brakes, BC coilovers, Complete LED inside and out (did a lot of research I know every buib you need), just got windws tinted and let me tell you out of the 17 or so cars Ive owned I think I finally got the best tint and color right to my highest expectation. Now just looking for the right exhaust. How is you axle back quality and sound? Anyways PM me maybe we can get a small ISF crew together to make new friends and share some ideas.

Alex

QUOTE=HellaInc;8127080]Thanks everyone! I'm definitely enjoying the car so far and so far it seems like I made the best decision, night and day difference with the driving experience in the F than the S that I had, it makes me want to go places that I don't even want to go just to go out and drive LOL. The best part is, I have the peace of mind knowing that this car is much more reliable than my last! And to Sello, I wish! Hah I worked hard to earn everything I have. It's actually the other way around, I'm still living with my parents because I HAVE to take care of THEM since they're both unemployed and pay for everything in the house along with taking care of my wife and daughter also. Anyways back on topic, Just got my Takeda Intake and Meisterschaft Axleback installed couple days ago! Sounds much meaner! Anyone here have the full system with midpipe? Was there any noticeable increase in sound/performance with the midpipe?[/QUOTE]
Old 09-06-13, 11:04 AM
GBFisFun
Driver School Candidate

Congrats!!! That is a nice upgrade.
Old 09-06-13, 01:39 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HellaInc
Thanks everyone! I'm definitely enjoying the car so far and so far it seems like I made the best decision, night and day difference with the driving experience in the F than the S that I had, it makes me want to go places that I don't even want to go just to go out and drive LOL. The best part is, I have the peace of mind knowing that this car is much more reliable than my last! And to Sello, I wish! Hah I worked hard to earn everything I have. It's actually the other way around, I'm still living with my parents because I HAVE to take care of THEM since they're both unemployed and pay for everything in the house along with taking care of my wife and daughter also. Anyways back on topic, Just got my Takeda Intake and Meisterschaft Axleback installed couple days ago! Sounds much meaner! Anyone here have the full system with midpipe? Was there any noticeable increase in sound/performance with the midpipe?
Congrats again on getting your IS-F Johnny! I commend you for taking care of your parents and their expenses, as well as taking care of your wife, daughter, and yourself.

I helped you with your 30k service BTW , time to change that license plate frame
Old 09-06-13, 01:41 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Sello
Don't forget to say thank you to mommy and daddy damn at 20 I wish I was driving an ISF
Don't judge too quickly, he can be some Software Engineer that wrote something which yielded a whole lot of money.

I had a brand new STi at 24, and I did it all on my own.

Old 09-06-13, 01:43 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

OP: Welcome to the club. I have the same car, just a 2013. They are very reliable.
Old 09-06-13, 01:52 PM
HellaInc
Rookie

Hey! Thanks again buddy, I will be seeing you sometime soon to follow up from last time!

Originally Posted by Individual
Congrats again on getting your IS-F Johnny! I commend you for taking care of your parents and their expenses, as well as taking care of your wife, daughter, and yourself.

I helped you with your 30k service BTW , time to change that license plate frame
Old 09-06-13, 09:18 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Congrats on the F! I bought my F when I was young, and the best advice I can offer is to act accordingly. There will always be those who want to see what the F is capable of, those that think the parentals may or may not have a hand in helping you get your ride, and those who simply put it down because "it's just a Lexus." Act the part. There's no need to prove anything because you own a powerful car. There's no need to prove to anyone that you're just 20 and partake in childish behavior like burnouts in a parking lot or racing other folk on the streets. I say this because I had friends whose parents gave them 335s and E-class rides in high school, and they are no longer with us because their immature boyfriends thought they could handle the power and show off at the same time (high speed recklessness). And for those that think it's just a Lexus- just be glad you don't need to have a constant relationship with a service advisor or technician because those that say such typically do, as evident with why you switched. Lexus may not be the benchmark in performance sedans, but it does produce some reliable, luxirous, and all around great cars, and the IS F is no exception.

Enjoy your F, and do realize that the car has class. Show it, and no one will care that you're 20.
very well said Brian!!
Old 09-07-13, 02:39 PM
DiV85L
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HellaInc
HellaInc,
Where did you find your Meisterschaft exhaust ? And if you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? Hats off for taking care of so many people in your family ....and of course yourself with an awesome sedan
Old 09-08-13, 03:05 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

great choice u won't regret it.
Old 09-08-13, 06:45 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up on the color & welcome
Old 09-08-13, 07:40 AM
fasttexasz
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a SGM and was skeptical of Lexus going with a lighter color. I am now extremely jealous of this color so much easier to maintain. Welcome and enjoy, I suggest a V1 as your first mod with a blend mount.
Old 09-08-13, 05:16 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Don't be jealous, I picked up my 08 2 years ago when I was 23. Maybe you didn't work as hard as us?

Congrats to OP... that S550 must have been a boat, welcome to the more reliable side of life
Agreed, I picked up my first F at 24 and my second this year at 26. It's not about age, or tattoos these days.

(Although OP's grammar does make me question the mommy/daddy comment )
Old 09-09-13, 05:11 AM
IsfClyde
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the new f and welcome. Love that color