IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Caliper Paint Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-13, 02:41 PM
MCCR
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Murphy, i'm looking for silver paint, so if you don't go with silver, i'll buy it from you. i'm in socal-OC, so if you're close maybe we can help each other out.
Old 04-12-13, 02:56 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey lets have a caliper paint day! We can spray paint our brakes and hang out while they're drying lol
Old 04-12-13, 03:00 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

So who make a paint and decal that can handle heat? My front calipers have obviously been pretty hot:

Note the gold appearance of the Lexus which should be silver. Since the brakes have been pretty baked by track use, I'd really like to refinish them with something that won't change color or burn off (like a decal) when I go to the track.

Street drivers - let me know if you've ever seen this on your brakes, I have my doubts any of you have. Track drivers - anybody else been to a track this hard on brakes? What have you done to refinish your calipers?
Old 04-12-13, 03:02 PM
MCCR
Driver

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Hey lets have a caliper paint day! We can spray paint our brakes and hang out while they're drying lol
that'll be fun. i'm chaning to slotted rotors front/rear and SS lines up front, also brake pads up front. do you have a link for the wearever pads? mine produce a lot of dust. but now i'm thinking of color matching my calipers as well. blue 07 GS350.
Old 04-12-13, 06:01 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BULLIT
Murph your car looks Killa! Have you found the wearever pads are less dusty than OEM?
Your changing wheels again? Those wheels you currently have really suit the car.
Yea the Wearever pads create such little dust it's great . I still have a set of semi track pads I can swap if I ever want to do track or fast canyon runs.. I'm so fast at changing pads on this car it amazes me how easy it is to do on the F lol less than 30 minutes a side.. Yea I know I really love my current rims maybe I'll keep both sets lol otherwise someone's going to be able to get a killer set of custom IsF fitment adv.1 10TF rims at a good price . New rims are adv07 mv.2 concave mesh style in brushed titanium finish meaning no chrome. Gotta rock new rims each show season

Originally Posted by MCCR
Murphy, i'm looking for silver paint, so if you don't go with silver, i'll buy it from you. i'm in socal-OC, so if you're close maybe we can help each other out.
If you're interested let me know I have two can't Audi silver hit me up.

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Lol they dry really fast you'd be amazed I did my calipers in 5 hours with changing pads I did about 8 coats paint and 5 coats clear

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
So who make a paint and decal that can handle heat? My front calipers have obviously been pretty hot:

Note the gold appearance of the Lexus which should be silver. Since the brakes have been pretty baked by track use, I'd really like to refinish them with something that won't change color or burn off (like a decal) when I go to the track.

Street drivers - let me know if you've ever seen this on your brakes, I have my doubts any of you have. Track drivers - anybody else been to a track this hard on brakes? What have you done to refinish your calipers?
Not sure how the paint would hold up on heavy track use but they do just fine for regular use and some spirited canyon runs

Originally Posted by MCCR
that'll be fun. i'm chaning to slotted rotors front/rear and SS lines up front, also brake pads up front. do you have a link for the wearever pads? mine produce a lot of dust. but now i'm thinking of color matching my calipers as well. blue 07 GS350.
Sounds like a nice set up what rims do you have on currently?
Old 04-13-13, 04:57 PM
MCCR
Driver

Murphy, I'll take the paint . Do you have clear coat as well? I'm currently on stock rims. Not sure what I'll get, but the isf wheels on Sewell look nice .
Old 04-13-13, 05:59 PM
Murph145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have two cans of silver you will need to get some clear the best place ever is automotivetouchup . Com for the clear .. I live in simi and work in van Nuys you cn have the can of paint u only need 1 but u have to get it from me whenever u want.
Old 04-13-13, 10:15 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

lobux, I used the G2 red caliper paint and some white brembo decals I got of the internet somewhere with several coats of high temp clear over it all, and they have held up fine on my several track days..... no yellowing yet
Old 06-14-13, 11:05 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
I had mine sized based off of pics on the Brembo site. Too big would look weird. Mine:

This seems to be the proper yellow for brake calipers. What is the paint code for this one?
Old 06-15-13, 08:58 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've always liked the lime green on white: Yes or no?

Old 07-16-15, 09:03 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

^ Not a big fan of the lime green. I was thinking of doing mine a baby blue on my Starfire Pearl

Old 07-18-15, 12:27 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Back in the day I used to work in a body shop so I got some custom mixed Sikkens paint put into spray bombs and did mine in brembo gold then I put the stickers on and used clear engine enamel over top.

Name:  image_zpsp3ij8ccf.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  132.5 KB

Name:  image_zpsgrzvairp.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  204.6 KB

Name:  image_zpsnxg7pbrf.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  62.8 KB

I did my X5M brakes as well.

Name:  image_zps971fa83e.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  80.8 KB

Name:  imagejpg1_zps08f4e402.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  45.6 KB

Name:  imagejpg2_zps7c2b4752.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  61.1 KB

I had project Mu big brakes I loved the contrast they gave my Grey and black theme on my G35 I had black Wilwood brakes before and these really popped but I would use the color on anything besides Project Mu

Name:  IMG_9743.jpg
Views: 1439
Size:  77.7 KB

Name:  IMG_9695.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  108.5 KB

Last edited by Sylvan; 07-18-15 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-01-16, 09:09 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

I'm going to do my calipers in MRM with Obsidian Black exterior. Just the right shade of red I think and will keep the color an oem which I think makes it a bit more interesting.

Did you use the 12oz cans from automotivetouchups.com, and if so how many did you order to do all 4 calipers?

Thanks!
Old 05-01-16, 02:50 PM
smt6
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FFM
I'm going to do my calipers in MRM with Obsidian Black exterior. Just the right shade of red I think and will keep the color an oem which I think makes it a bit more interesting.

Did you use the 12oz cans from automotivetouchups.com, and if so how many did you order to do all 4 calipers?

Thanks!
You should be able to get all of them done with one, as there not huge pieces. Can always order two and keep the second one of standby for any touchups to the calipers down the road, or just return it for your money back.
Old 05-01-16, 03:14 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Probably a good call. I was kind of anticipating grabbing two cans any way. Should pop pretty well on a black car.

Quick Reply: Caliper Paint Thoughts