IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Good bye fellas. :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-13, 12:42 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jleonard71
For anyone interested in ToothDoc's ISF that he traded in, I have been talking with the dealer and they are willing to take $36,500 for it as-is, not a penny less. He said that in about a week they are going to put it back to STOCK and then they will actually be listing it higher at $38,900 due to the extra parts & labor required to put it back to stock. So if you want a nicely modded ISF at a very good price, get in touch with them ASAP! Here's what all of the upgrades on that car are worth (at least the ones I know about):
PPE Headers - $1,800 installed
Borla Exhaust - $1,200 installed
FIGS 2-pc rotors - $2,200 + installation
BC Coilovers - $1,000 + installation

So that's at least $6,200 in upgrades, plus he told me they just installed brand new OEM brake pads and also did a full detail including touching any chips/dings in the paint. If you are in the market for an ISF and plan to do those mods, you can look at it as basically getting the car for $30K even - which is a HELL of a deal! Plus the upside to this is you can roll the mods into your loan and not have to come out of pocket for them.

I was considering buying it myself and selling my stock ISF because those are the EXACT mods that I have planned, but I did the math and after paying taxes, shipping, and then selling my car I'd only clear about $1,000 less than what it would cost me to just do the mods myself. But a big part of that is because I have an extended warranty on my current car that I bought for $3,500, and if I cancel that I'll only get a partial credit back and then have to spend another $3,500 to buy one for that car. So if it weren't for the warranty that I already bought for me car I'd probably do it.
Anymore information or a link on this? I am very interested!
Old 02-21-13, 06:18 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's at Midwest Motors in Lake Zurich, IL. Talk to Paul.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 02-21-13, 06:39 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's at Midwest Motors in Lake Zurich, IL. Talk to Paul.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 02-28-13, 09:03 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
Yeah, he kinda had me thinking a little bit too. I jumped on Cars.com to price out a nice used 911 Turbo... came up with a few 2008 911 Turbo models (not even the Turbo S) with about 20K miles for $95,000... then promptly forgot ALL about that idea, lol!

I would love to step up to ToothDoc's level at some point, but we're talking quite a ways down the road. For now, I'll continue to read 6speedonline and dream.
Here's a VERY VERY clean one!!! 11K miles for 87K. My eyes haven't quite figured out the difference between 997.1 and 997.2 but it looks identical inside except for the manual vs. PDK.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...997-turbo.html

Had I known about this site, I might have gotten this one instead.
Old 02-28-13, 09:18 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

i told you I was going to DD it... was a little painful.
Attached Thumbnails Good bye fellas.  :(-20130226_143909.jpg  
Old 02-28-13, 10:14 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jleonard71
So that's at least $6,200 in upgrades, plus he told me they just installed brand new OEM brake pads and also did a full detail including touching any chips/dings in the paint. If you are in the market for an ISF and plan to do those mods, you can look at it as basically getting the car for $30K even - which is a HELL of a deal! Plus the upside to this is you can roll the mods into your loan and not have to come out of pocket for them.
Which means you'll have to pay someone another $500 to detail it correctly....make sure you work that in the deal.

Majority of dealers don't know crap about detailing.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...e-Detailing-FL
Old 02-28-13, 10:19 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Actually, the first detail by Lexus screwed it up and made it worse. I had it detailed by a couple of guys called "Brothers" in Mundelein and they removed ALL the swirl marks and only they had handwashed it since. Midwest Motors has just essentially mirror buffed it some more. I love the Lexus paint. I actually think my Obsidian IS-F flashed more than the Turbo S black paint.
Old 02-28-13, 10:39 PM
Just F Me
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
Actually, the first detail by Lexus screwed it up and made it worse. I had it detailed by a couple of guys called "Brothers" in Mundelein and they removed ALL the swirl marks and only they had handwashed it since. Midwest Motors has just essentially mirror buffed it some more. I love the Lexus paint. I actually think my Obsidian IS-F flashed more than the Turbo S black paint.
Does the porsche have orange peel? You'd be surprised how much more it "pops" when you have a true professional detailer wet sand the entire car (if necessary) and correct the paint.

I was at an audi dealership looking at getting an audi, and i kept going back and forth, not wondering why I don't feel attracted to the car. In the end, it was because the paint had so much orange peel in it, it prevented the paint from drawing me in...
Old 02-28-13, 10:45 PM
dlaska
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doc, were you the only owner of the F? Im in chicago and looking for one, maybe ill take the drive to LZ and check it out! Looks very clean from the pics...
Old 02-28-13, 11:09 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Yes, I was the only owner. I can tell you, if you were planning on modding the F, you're getting a total steal. The headers, exhaust, and coilovers with 16/12K swift spring mods were only on since last fall. I also just installed Michelin Pilot Super Sports and didn't even drive with them on so tires are BRAND NEW. I had a set of front Brembo OEM pads so I had them put those on (even the front pads are 400$!!!). Rears are only 1/2 used so the brakes should be good for another 35-40K miles.

The total hours of track time at Joliet's Autobahn Country Club was about 3 1/2 hours and I went drag racing probably about a dozen times over the 5 years.

If the car doesn't sell in the next couple of months, I might just go back and buy it back!

EDIT: I just went on cars.com and IMO, if Midwest really is selling it at 36xxx, it's BY FAR the best deal of IS-F presently on sale in the US with all the mods already on it except a Torsen and NOS.

Last edited by ToothDoc; 02-28-13 at 11:18 PM.